Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update: October 2019

Centennial Club

So fabulous

I am loving the new update, and the neighborhood trading for upgrade items .....wow !

See for my team we are rarely on at the same time, so trading is difficult. To be able to request 3 tape, which I get so low amounts of tape, is a great feature !!

My team loves all these updates, thank you Nick and supercell !

I was hoping for a new pet ..... but I am patient.. I have a lot of vouchers. I wanted a peacock like on the cake.

Apple UK has it now
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Horses! We need the horses!!

But I’d LOVE Petey Peacocks running around the farm!

@Nick... are we still going to get the diamond & deco offers or are they a thing of the past now?
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised about the update and did not see it coming. After seeing the dairy news Q&A, I figured the update was going to be delayed. I don't usually check the forums on the weekend (took a 3 day weekend), so missed the sneak peeks.

New crops + new items + more land it will put a strain on silo and barn sizes - especially considering the quantity that appear for boats, town, and truck orders. But, hard limiting the amount of expansion items that can be bought in one day from the daily dirt will seem to only work against players trying to obtain EM's to expand. Glad to know this number can be expanded, but really had hoped the player population was not penalized over the use of bots. I know devs worked hard on the Clash side to get bots under control and seem to have handed out a wave of bans that has gotten noticed. I am hoping the same effort will go into the Hay Day side of the game.

Another sanctuary animal is a nice to have to start obtaining puzzle pieces again, but not a town enhancement IMO. A new shop would be nice, eventually.

All the valley updates seem to be well received. Maybe I will give it a try this upcoming season. I hope with all this new land to eventually being unlocked, it is laying the groundwork for substantial improvements to the main farm.
    Last edited by Spartan1; October 21st, 2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    I can confirm it is legit. No fake-news this time around. It's not mentioned in the marketing texts as it will affect such a small number of players anyway, and keep in mind that we can change the value at any point via a maintenance if needed.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick,

You may or may not be aware that many Neighbourhoods operate upgrade cooperatives. So for example everyone in the cooperative collects barn expansion materials, and sells them (usually at nominal cost) to the farmer currently at the top of the co-op list. Once that farmer has enough they expand and move to the bottom of the list. And so on. In effect it saves barn space.

If I've understood it, this 'enhancement' pretty much puts the kibosh on that, or at least clips its wings so severely as to render flight impossible. Is this an unintended consequence, or did you mean it?

Regards, Mallet

Trainee
    I'm driver _ My fav thing is _
    Trade FOOD and drive truck _ Get EXP ( up level )
    From today i need to Pay dollar for all FOOD
    Lucky i Prepare 2m dollar before update
    -------
    Cheer
    Real time Farmer
    Last edited by SniperMen; October 21st, 2019 at 03:23 PM.

Centennial Club
    Hi. With the limit of 80 expansion items per day is there some kind of counter so we can see where at on any given day as well as when the day resets?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet View Post
    You may or may not be aware that many Neighbourhoods operate upgrade cooperatives. So for example everyone in the cooperative collects barn expansion materials, and sells them (usually at nominal cost) to the farmer currently at the top of the co-op list. Once that farmer has enough they expand and move to the bottom of the list. And so on. In effect it saves barn space.

If I've understood it, this 'enhancement' pretty much puts the kibosh on that, or at least clips its wings so severely as to render flight impossible. Is this an unintended consequence, or did you mean it?
    Cue "bug versus feature" digression.

My neighborhood isn't quite that fully collectivist, but there's a lot of hardware being passed around at the slightest hint of a crowded barn, so this will definitely impact us.

That impact could be mitigated by exempting in-neighborhood RSS purchases from the daily count. On the other hand, that tends to encourage cliquishness in established high-level neighborhoods, which makes it much more challenging for newbies who haven't established a peer group yet. A less drastic workaround would be to have separate in- and out- of neighborhood purchase caps. However, SuperCell might consider the neighborhood trade interface adequate to that end from their perspective; and at the least, the coding of separate caps would be larger than a "bug-patch" mini update, leaving it something that would likely need to wait a few months.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mjuice View Post
    Hi. With the limit of 80 expansion items per day is there some kind of counter so we can see where at on any given day as well as when the day resets?
    There is no counter to count towards the 80. You’ll know when you hit the limit when you try and buy something and the game won’t let you. You will get a pop up saying you’ve hit the limit.

I think the counter reset will happen when the rest of your farm resets or starts a new day. As in the same time as your WoF truck arrives and Greg has a new selection in his shop etc etc.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    There is no counter to count towards the 80. You’ll know when you hit the limit when you try and buy something and the game won’t let you. You will get a pop up saying you’ve hit the limit.

I think the counter reset will happen when the rest of your farm resets or starts a new day. As in the same time as your WoF truck arrives and Greg has a new selection in his shop etc etc.
    Thank you KK. I don't think i will ever hit the limit unless i find a whale in the global newspaper. I was just curious. Also wanted to point out that Greg's shop reload and the WoF truck happen at 2 different times for me. Greg's shop is reloaded about 8 or 9 EST PM (my time zone). Whereas the truck/events reload is about 4 AM EST for me. Not sure if this is intended or not.