Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell new rule isn't it ?

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSJS View Post
    Okay thanks for that, I was in confusion. However I can see a huge flaw in this TOS. And having a trustee feature wouldn’t hurt if sc thinks about it. If they just start banning like that I'm pretty sure a large number of people will get affected
    Why would a person have a trustee for their accounts? All the information related to your account should be private.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers View Post
    Why would a person have a trustee for their accounts? All the information related to your account should be private.
    I haven't said anything about sharing email info, a trustee feature so that If you somehow want a long break from the game that person can keep your acc active . And yes I would like to have some feature like that but its upto SC to decide

Pro Member
    Okay thanks for that, I was in confusion. However I can see a huge flaw in this TOS. And having a trustee feature wouldn’t hurt if sc thinks about it. If they just start banning like that I'm pretty sure a large number of people will get affected
    Trust me I have multiple devices now since 7 years with no problems at all. I really doubt that anyone following the TOS will get any trouble. I can see problems with VNC users but even that is not suported (yes I understand in some regions in the world you need to use that) But even VNC would be save as long you always use the same "dial out" server.

So plain simple "DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT DATA AND PASSWORD TO ANYONE" and you will be save

Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Trust me I have multiple devices now since 7 years with no problems at all. I really doubt that anyone following the TOS will get any trouble. I can see problems with VNC users but even that is not suported (yes I understand in some regions in the world you need to use that) But even VNC would be save as long you always use the same "dial out" server.

So plain simple "DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT DATA AND PASSWORD TO ANYONE" and you will be save
    Yeah, as long as no one hacks you as well

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    I haven't said anything about sharing email info, a trustee feature so that If you somehow want a long break from the game that person can keep your acc active . And yes I would like to have some feature like that but its upto SC to decide
    There are legal ramifications to consider. Let's say we allowed people to share an account. Without us actually standing over your shoulder, watching you play the game, there would be no way to distinguish if it were you playing or someone else playing, if that player did something to violate our ToS like using 3rd party software.

Because the ToS applies to a single person and a single person only, it eliminates any potential problems when it comes to violations of the policies. You are responsible for the account and you alone.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers View Post
    Yeah, as long as no one hacks you as well
    Hacking is I would say the least common option. I would bet that most of the "hacked" accounts are more likely someone shared his credentials to someone. There is really no benefit to hack a mobile game account

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    There are legal ramifications to consider. Let's say we allowed people to share an account. Without us actually standing over your shoulder, watching you play the game, there would be no way to distinguish if it were you playing or someone else playing, if that player did something to violate our ToS like using 3rd party software.

Because the ToS applies to a single person and a single person only, it eliminates any potential problems when it comes to violations of the policies. You are responsible for the account and you alone.
    Thank you Darian for your reply. I understand about the forbiddance of 3rd party software and that account should get banned if it was somehow connected to it. However What if the owner of the account decided to have 2 head running the account. Of course the owner would have to agree (before allowing to have a trustee) that the terms like if any botting is caught you will be responsible and you will get banned.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Thank you Darian for your reply. I understand about the forbiddance of 3rd party software and that account should get banned if it was somehow connected to it. However What if the owner of the account decided to have 2 head running the account. Of course the owner would have to agree (before allowing to have a trustee) that the terms like if any botting is caught you will be responsible and you will get banned.
    So let's use your specific situation.

You and a friend who lives on the other side of the world are the "trustees" of a single account. Now let's say your friend gets mad at you for something. He then decides to sabotage your account by doing something to violate the ToS. Now the account you've spent 7 years on is permanently banned because he did something and you didn't.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Hacking is I would say the least common option. I would bet that most of the "hacked" accounts are more likely someone shared his credentials to someone. There is really no benefit to hack a mobile game account
    Yeah, you are right about that but there are still also some people who do it. There is only a very small chance.

Senior Member HappySamuraiSama01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    So let's use your specific situation.

You and a friend who lives on the other side of the world are the "trustees" of a single account. Now let's say your friend gets mad at you for something. He then decides to sabotage your account by doing something to violate the ToS. Now the account you've spent 7 years on is permanently banned because he did something and you didn't.
    **Micdrop**