Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell new rule isn't it ?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    ...I know of quite a few people that share accounts but supercell don’t ban for it.
    Oh, they will ban for it.

The only reason you know of people who share accounts? They haven't bee banned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    This has always been a grey area on the TOS, I know of quite a few people that share accounts but supercell don’t ban for it.
    Do not equate "I know know a few people whom regularly exceed the speed limit and have yet to be ticketed" with "cops don't ticket speeders". Those people you know have simply been lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Are you sure, they get banned permanently for this? I thought it's just for a few days. It has always been forbidden to share accounts tho.

Someone I met in another clan received a 31 day ban for account sharing (this was a couple of months ago). If he/she gets caught again, the ban would most likely be permanent. If the account was reported for being shared (usually a scammed/stolen account), the ban will most likely be permanent right away.

Then again, I’m not 100% when SC will use a temporary or permanent ban. Not finding out would always be the best option :P

I mean if you think about it, If you have 2 Devices you won't be able to play same account on two different devices... SC needs to implement a method (without just banning them) where your ID will still be played even when you're not around. You can do this by verification of email or even allow to add some trusty people feature. ToS related to sharing method is just bad 👎

You certainly can play the same account on multiple devices. I do it all the time.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSJS View Post
    I mean if you think about it, If you have 2 Devices you won't be able to play same account on two different devices... SC needs to implement a method (without just banning them) where your ID will still be played even when you're not around. You can do this by verification of email or even allow to add some trusty people feature. ToS related to sharing method is just bad 
    You are allowed to have your account @ as many devices as you like. (I use 3 different devices to play my account), but you are not allowed to share your account with a different person. That was always like that.
    SC has methode around for a long time (one reason why the do not suport VPN).
    If you are not there, the world will still spin it is only a mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    You certainly can play the same account on multiple devices. I do it all the time.
    So where's the difference between YOU playing on multiple devices and ALLOWING OTHERS to play your account ? Isn't the case like 'once one account runs on more than one device it violates the tos? '
    Last edited by MrSJS; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:18 PM.

Pro Member
    No the TOS do not state how many devices you play as long YOU are the person playing it. So I use my phone to send troops to clanies during the day and a tablet to play my account in the evening as an example.

I am sure you understand the difference between one person plays the same account on multiple devices or multiple person play the same account in a time share. That is not so important as it was in the past since the change in Legend league but there are still some advantges that SC tries to avoid, e.g.
    - Share accounts to do war attacks
    - Have a th12 acc always avalible to receive troops

Again you do not need a babysitter for your account if you have no time to play than the world still spins….
    Last edited by zellnera; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSJS View Post
    So where's the difference between you playing on multiple devices and allowing other to play your account ? Isn't the case like 'once one account runs on more than one device it violates the tos? '

How is that the same? A person is the account holder, not a device. If I own two vehicles, I can drive one, or the other. If I have two devices, both with "my account", yet both devices accessed the account simultaneously when they were located 500 miles apart, then it is obvious that I was not in fact two places at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    No the TOS do not state how many devices you play as long YOU are the person playing it. So I use my phone to send troops to clanies during the day and a tablet to play my account in the evening as an example.

I am sure you understand the difference between one person plays the same account on multiple devices or multiple person play the same account in a time share. That is not so important as it was in the past since the change in Legend league but there are still some advantges that SC tries to avoid, e.g.
    - Share accounts to do war attacks
    - Have a th12 acc always avalible to receive troops

Again you do not need a babysitter for your account if you have no time to play than the world still spins….
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

How is that the same? A person is the account holder, not a device. If I own two vehicles, I can drive one, or the other. If I have two devices, both with "my account", yet both devices accessed the account simultaneously when they were located 500 miles apart, then it is obvious that I was not in fact two places at the same time.
    Okay thanks for that, I was in confusion. However I can see a huge flaw in this TOS. And having a trustee feature wouldn’t hurt if sc thinks about it. If they just start banning like that I'm pretty sure a large number of people will get affected
    Last edited by MrSJS; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:25 PM.