Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Best Update Ever!

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman610 View Post
    Recruitment tool could be better. But its going in the right direction.
    Well since it literally doesn't work, of course it could be better.
    It would be virtually impossible for the Recruitment tool to be worse.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceDeezKush View Post
    Everyone should read this and see how we are effected by global policies! Thank you Coc employee for giving us an insight of whatís going on internally at coc!
    Except the poster you're replying to never claimed to be a "Coc employee". Did you forget what you posted in an alt or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Do you have the slightedt shred of evidence to support this pure speculation?
    Lol, let me guess...no, he doesnít.

    ĎWithout internet censorshipí. Sounds like a broad, meaningless term. What does that even mean?

    A public chat is just that and there are thousands if not millions of them in all kinds of games.

    I donít pretend to know what countries requirements are but I do know that itís doable with some resources and the revenue COC has should be able to cover it.

    Now is what will saved allocating resources for global going to be a greater value than the inevitable financial loss from players quitting the game? Iíd assume they ran the numbers and figured that it is not. But in the end the players and source of revenue, not creators, suffer either way.

    At this point I can only speculate someone in the company is getting greedy, or lazy or both.
    Last edited by bct; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:35 AM.

  4. #64
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,399
    Quote Originally Posted by bct View Post
    Lol, let me guess...no, he doesn’t.

    ‘Without internet censorship’. Sounds like a broad, meaningless term. What does that even mean?

    A public chat is just that and there are thousands if not millions of them in all kinds of games.

    I don’t pretend to know what countries requirements are but I do know that it’s doable with some resources and the revenue COC has should be able to cover it.

    Now is what will saved allocating resources for global going to be a greater value than the inevitable financial loss from players quitting the game? I’d assume they ran the numbers and figured that it is not. But in the end the players and source of revenue, not creators, suffer either way.

    At this point I can only speculate someone in the company is getting greedy, or lazy or both.
    Rubbish. You dont know the requirements but you know its doable. Vietnam wanted all in game communication replicated on servers owned by the government including real life identifiers. Yep. Doable.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Rubbish. You dont know the requirements but you know its doable. Vietnam wanted all in game communication replicated on servers owned by the government including real life identifiers. Yep. Doable.
    Thatís one country not the world.

    I know itís doable because as I said millions of games do it. Itís an observation not a theory. Can you explain to me how other games do it?

    Youíre acting like a global chat with people around the world is this brand new idea and untested waters when in reality itís been utilized in all types of forms since the beginning of the internet. Not just chat but gamers utilize voice and video communication and these are games with far less revenue.

    Furthermore if you read all of Darianís reasons for axing global chat he points out it is being done away with due to resources NOT because itís not doable. With further supports my speculation.

    Can you explain why clash of clans specifically 1. Is not able to do why other games do 2. Do not have the resources to do it?

    Because if you canít again, all we can do is speculate.
    Last edited by bct; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:41 AM.

  6. #66
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,399
    Quote Originally Posted by bct View Post
    That’s one country not the world.

    I know it’s doable because as I said millions of games do it. It’s an observation not a theory. Can you explain to me how other games do it?

    You’re acting like a global chat with people around the world is this brand new idea and untested waters when in reality it’s been utilized in all types of forms since the beginning of the internet. Not just chat but gamers utilize voice and video communication and these are games with far less revenue.

    Furthermore if you read all of Darian’s reasons for axing global chat he points out it is being done away with due to resources NOT because it’s not doable. With further supports my speculation.

    Can you explain why clash of clans specifically 1. Is not able to do why other games do 2. Do not have the resources to do it?

    Because if you can’t again, all we can do is speculate.
    Vietnam was one example to your post that you dont know the requirements but you know they are doable. Supercel shut down the game there. My feeling is that risk adverse companies are going to shift the global style risk to third party apps. Many of the big console game companies are struggling with this as well. How many resources do you dump into moderation and policing until you say it's not worth it? Some kid commits suicide because of online bullying and you get hit with a big lawsuit. Or you didn't catch the lead up to a grooming situation and get sued. No one is going to sue podunk gaming co with their 50k user base. Supercel, yep. And I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen with many others.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  7. #67
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    197
    poor chaps. Global was such a part of their lives. They just can’t let it go. Where now can they go to find a girl friend?
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

  8. #68
    Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Kerala, India.
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    poor chaps. Global was such a part of their lives. They just can’t let it go. Where now can they go to find a girl friend?
    Even though I might support global being removed I do think that it was good at times and I can get why people are angry about it. Global wasn't to get girls but it was to make friends and recruit but unfortunately because of the people who were toxic on global, Supercell had to remove it.

  9. #69
    Trainee
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    27
    This update is the WORST update and don't you dare @ me...

    But in all seriousness, if you aren't an already a well-known clan that's already in a decent level and/or everyone in your clan is really loyal, your clan is going to struggle to survive in this update. which is ironic considering this update was basically suppose to make it easier to recruit people.
    Last edited by ShakSheep; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:51 AM.
    Banners/Logos are for the weak...
    I also have a clan. Check it out!


  10. #70
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakSheep View Post
    This update is the WORST update and don't you dare @ me...

    But in all seriousness, if you aren't an already a well-known clan that's already in a decent level and/or everyone in your clan is really loyal, your clan is going to struggle to survive in this update. which is ironic considering this update was basically suppose to make it easier to recruit people.
    I agree with you about the difficulties it must be for a new clan to survive. It will have to take all noobs and grow without the strong players. I don’t think this update hurts people looking for a clan but it does hurt clans looking for people.
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •