Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Best Update Ever!

SC made a big announcement about removing the global due to legal issues and the amount of ressources they need to spend to survey less than 1 percent of the players, yet many clans used it to recruit new members. This fraction of 1 percent made it nessessary to develop a new recruitment tool and make it the main content of the october update. That's odd enough on it's own. According to what Darian has told us more than 99% of the players didn't even use global, so they shouldn't be affected by the october update.

The improved recruitment tool has shown the same players again and again after the release, Onyx reported it here. The improved recruitment tool ignored the player tags completely and it does still show pretty random results after a few maintenance breaks.

So the key feature of the update went basically untested into production. Tags not working, randomization of the displayed players not working, players without clan castle are shown, players with full inboxes are listed. None of this is obscure and none of this couldn't be easily tested in advance or post launch in production.

This update is more like an alarming one than the best update ever.

I can absolutely appreciate the sarcasm in this post..... The update is a problem and there's no 2 ways about it. I feel it's so bad that a complete overhaul may be needed.
    The decorations should be left alone! Otherwise they are useless to even have.
    Recruiting unfortunately has been primarily done in global chat. Now there needs to be a place to have a conversation with potential recruits.
    This ghost troop with bats makes the game broken. Get rid of the troop or make it something that you can not defeat max 12s with a single mass troop and a poison spell
    And hopefully th13 isn't as poorly tested before the roll out so we don't have these issues in the next 2 months.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost7546 View Post
    I can absolutely appreciate the sarcasm in this post..... The update is a problem and there's no 2 ways about it. I feel it's so bad that a complete overhaul may be needed.
    They are decorations Decorations are meant to be useless. You only have them for their appearance. They were never intended to affect pathing, that was an oversight in the coding (I.e. A bug)

Recruiting unfortunately has been primarily done in global chat. Now there needs to be a place to have a conversation with potential recruits.
    This ghost troop with bats makes the game broken. Get rid of the troop or make it something that you can not defeat max 12s with a single mass troop and a poison spell
    They will get rid of it. They always get rid of seasonal troops. Which are also usually overpowered.

And hopefully th13 isn't as poorly tested before the roll out so we don't have these issues in the next 2 months.
    It is much easier to test something like TH13. New buildings, weapons, troops can all be tested by a fairly small number of players. Something like this needs many thousands to effectctively test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    SC made a big announcement about removing the global due to legal issues and the amount of ressources they need to spend to survey less than 1 percent of the players, yet many clans used it to recruit new members. This fraction of 1 percent made it nessessary to develop a new recruitment tool and make it the main content of the october update. That's odd enough on it's own. According to what Darian has told us more than 99% of the players didn't even use global, so they shouldn't be affected by the october update.

The improved recruitment tool has shown the same players again and again after the release, Onyx reported it here. The improved recruitment tool ignored the player tags completely and it does still show pretty random results after a few maintenance breaks.

So the key feature of the update went basically untested into production. Tags not working, randomization of the displayed players not working, players without clan castle are shown, players with full inboxes are listed. None of this is obscure and none of this couldn't be easily tested in advance or post launch in production.

This update is more like an alarming one than the best update ever.
    I’m in that boat hb.
    Since I do not play the other games (except HD that doesn’t have a recruitment tool to my knowledge): does any of the other games have any specific/dedicated recruitment tool?

PS: sorry to derail such a positive thread by being slightly off subject.
    And it is neither the best nor the worst update ever: as Darian himself posted, it is only ‘ lay[ing] down the framework for a massive content update towards the end of the year’ (lol, the best is yet to come).

1,216 days and counting

Although I must agree that this update was incredibly underwhelming, I am still quite pleased that SC are still working on the game at all. I know it’s a hard one to swallow, but we do have to accept that there is a major tournament happening soon and they couldn’t adapt the game too much - but tried to please the community at the same time.

I think we just expect too much nowadays.

I’m excited for the future of the recruitment tool. It simply doesn’t work at the moment but it hasn’t left the ground yet. Once it does, it will get the praise it deserves. I don’t miss global chat. I cringed everytime I went there.

It’s easy for me to accept the lack of new material considering I created 10 new accounts last Christmas as a side project / drunken amazing idea. I use my 8 legend attacks on my maxed account, then I simply work on the rest.

I am deeply intrigued as to what SC will bring us for Christmas though! I do believe we will have a 4th hero as it follows the pattern (every other hall since TH7). I also can’t wait to see how they incorporate a new Town Hall into a currently weaponised building.

What I can’t get my head around is the fact that this update was a means of pathing the way towards the next update?
    IGN: Mike:1984 #QG9UL8Y9
    CLAN: BDB Warriors #2JRGY0Y
    TH12 / Lv 217 / HIGH SCORE 5987
    Account Established Dec 2012
    Maxed heroes ✔️ Maxed walls ✔️

I'm content with the update. Need improvement for the recruiting tools though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike1984 View Post
    ... What I can’t get my head around is the fact that this update was a means of pathing the way towards the next update?
    That’s when the fix comes for the recruitment tool...

No, seriously, that’s when ... the 4th hero comes and needed space it didn’t () have on previous profile lol.
    However D twists things like a pretzel to make the forum’s train run in headless circles...

Not even close to the worse update ever. Should have been here the day “it” happened. Maybe someone still has a link to some of those great “ the game is dead, the world is ending” threads from 12/14/2015. There were nearly 200k people on predicting or disputing the “worst update ever”

if SC is correct that 1% used global then obviously 99% managed to recruit or get new clans without it. The recruitment tool will get better as they work out the kinks.

plus the Halloween theme is cool. So I’m with the OP
    Last edited by THNSUM; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:11 AM.
    Amoooozing Signature by ClashOfHolmes

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie777 View Post
    Wish you could milk my goats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    Alcohol and money and I guarantee success, these aren't bring home to mom women, but moms not looking for a women, you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNuggets View Post
    I reported myself to supercell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    They are decorations Decorations are meant to be useless. You only have them for their appearance. They were never intended to affect pathing, that was an oversight in the coding (I.e. A bug)

They will get rid of it. They always get rid of seasonal troops. Which are also usually overpowered.

It is much easier to test something like TH13. New buildings, weapons, troops can all be tested by a fairly small number of players. Something like this needs many thousands to effectctively test it.
    Quite a long time to be something overlooked. And even with the temporary troop it needs a Nerf. And if you are not a SC employee how can you possibly tell how easy something is to test. I'm tired of you always "knowing everything and responding to everyone's posts as if you're a god of coc. You need to be open to the fact that SC screwed this one up. Stop defending the indefensible. You sound like one of Donald Trump's lackeys

Quote Originally Posted by ghost7546 View Post
    The decorations should be useless other than as...decorations.

I saw the same youtube video as you with a 3 star with only a poison spell. That is a very interesting video since it is so rare. The ghost is strong, but not that strong. It is too strong to keep permanently, I agree with that.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.