Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Adding fuel to the update fire

Post Adding fuel to the update fire

So with the new recruitment tool if you somehow manage to find a clanmate you are doing so from the recommendation of the game without knowing the person in any fashion before hand. Then if they turn out to be a modder / botter the whole clan can end up being punished. Just me or is this an elephant in the room that hasn't been mentioned yet? I guess this is why Discord and other platforms exists but that circumvents in-game recruiting altogether which seems a bit strange to me and makes the new recruiting tool even more counter intuitive as a feature.
    I'm sure SC will polish the recruitment feature but I find it strange that entire clans can be punished for accepting a recommended recruit without having a way in game to vet them. Just an opinion.

How could you vet them before?

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    How could you vet them before?
    Chat??? Same way you met them

And by chatting you would know that they were not a modder or a botter because of course they would always be scrupulously honest in admitting that they cheated?

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    And by chatting you would know that they were not a modder or a botter because of course they would always be scrupulously honest in admitting that they cheated?
    If you chatted and they ask "are you a girl?" you know not to add them to clan. There are ways to identify character while chatting that give clues as to their character.

Are you trolling me?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyJ View Post
    If you chatted and they ask "are you a girl?" you know not to add them to clan. There are ways to identify character while chatting that give clues as to their character.

Are you trolling me?
    Asking "are you a girl?" is hardly an indication that a player bots or cheats or is, in any way, being disingenuous. It might indicate that they are immature but that does not make them dishonest.

I do not think AxsMan's responses warrant your "trolling" question. I agree with his points. Chatting to someone online, in any sphere, should be undertaken with a heavy dose of "this person may not be who they say there or who they purport to be" and cheaters rarely, if ever, identify themselves as such.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Asking "are you a girl?" is hardly an indication that a player bots or cheats or is, in any way, being disingenuous. It might indicate that they are immature but that does not make them dishonest.

I do not think AxsMan's responses warrant your "trolling" question. I agree with his points. Chatting to someone online, in any sphere, should be undertaken with a heavy dose of "this person may not be who they say there or who they purport to be" and cheaters rarely, if ever, identify themselves as such.
    By chatting in this forum, you have an indication of my character and I have an indication of yours. We both can dig in further with more chatter. If we were to be on a live chat within 5 minutes you or I would probably have a good indication of whether we would be good clan mates. We would probably each be able to get a vibe for the maturity of the other and whether anything seems sketchy. Not 100% but at least an indicator. How does that work now with the new feature?
    A tool says we are a match, I accept, possible clan ban. As said, an opinion.

By chatting in this forum, you have an indication of my character and I have an indication of yours. We both can dig in further with more chatter. If we were to be on a live chat within 5 minutes you or I would probably have a good indication of whether we would be good clan mates. We would probably each be able to get a vibe for the maturity of the other and whether anything seems sketchy. Not 100% but at least an indicator. How does that work now with the new feature?
    A tool says we are a match, I accept, possible clan ban. As said, an opinion.
    Clan bans result from players using said 3rd party apps during war, so to be safe, do not add anyone new to the clan directly into a war before you have a chance to chat for 5 min to judge their character.
    Last edited by Warios; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:22 PM.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Are you trolling me?
    Not trolling at all. Just querying why you think 5 minutes chat will reveal the character of someone who intends to cheat? They might not be who they say they are.

i agree with much of the forum criticism of the new recruiting ‘tool’ , but don’t agree with your arguments for the old system. And btw if they asked “are you a girl” I can’t see this has any relevance to your points on cheating?

You can still chat with them after you have accepted them but before you let them participate in war. There is no difference between chatting in global and clan chat.