Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

I do agree we need to wait and see. Oftentimes, the sneak peeks don’t totally resemble the actual update features
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    Let me be the first to say I already hate the fall update.
    Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    I know that whenever we get the update (if there is one), people will line up to say it's the worst ever, we're all quitting, the game is over, etc. I just wanted to be the first.

(Actually I appreciate everything the game developers do. They work really hard on the game, and I get a lot of enjoyment from their efforts.)

And while we are on the topic, let me be the first to say I hate the winter update too, as well as next spring and summer updates, if there are any. OK-now I can say I was the first.
    While I wanted to be the first to say I hated the new update about a month ago, I think we should wait and see how this works out. Maybe we could wait til the actual update, try it for a few days, and THEN say it's the end of the world, I'm quitting, etc. Just a thought.

Happy Farming!
    Last edited by milomilomilo; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:18 PM.

Could it be possible that this is not just about bots but actually another of the team’s recent efforts to slow down game play? I’m thinking of the way the rare puzzle pieces and their random assignment in the sanctuary animal book limited the completion of the sanctuary. I’m especially thinking of the expansion permits that are as scarce as the proverbial hens’ teeth. As I scroll among my friends, there are zero who are anywhere near completing the last expansion.

I’m another non-trader. I quit bothering with it once my barn/silo got reasonably large, and they are tiny compared with many players at my level. I might ask a neighbor for the last couple of items I need for an upgrade or expansion, but otherwise I just go with in-game ways to acquire them. This won’t affect me at all. However, I completely understand the horror among farmers who love trading and find it to be an important part of their daily play.

Ever since the introduction of competition in the form of the derby, the game has moved in directions that are not to my taste—the derby and sanctuary in particular, but I manage and eternally hope for crumbs that enhance the game for me. (The jury is still out on the valley, but so far I’m happy in between seasons.) It seems like a lot of team energy is going into maintaining their social media platforms, too...another area that doesn’t add to my Hay Day experience.

So...if this RSS limit helps with the bots, fine. It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on the DD whatsoever. The one sure thing is it will slow things down for the farmers who love trading. The change to the useless NH trading birdhouse is insignificant.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:16 PM.

Farm Level 127 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by Greencheese View Post
    The 80 limit is obviously aimed at the bots. My first reaction was that it's the wrong way to go about it and that it will hurt players rather than help them. But I don't know that. No one knows that now. Maybe it will actually reduce or eliminate the bots somehow. Maybe the limit is a way of monitoring sales to identify the bots, which will allows SC to delete them. I think we need to wait and see before we go all nutso about it.
    The limit is aimed at the players buying EM by the thousands on shady web sites for real cash. Supercell is protecting its business interests, which is fine. The limit does not do anything at all to help us, the players. The wheat bots will be wheating, the stealing bots will be stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Could it be possible that this is not just about bots but actually another of the team’s recent efforts to slow down game play? I’m thinking of the way the rare puzzle pieces and their random assignment in the sanctuary animal book limited the completion of the sanctuary. I’m especially thinking of the expansion permits that are as scarce as the proverbial hens’ teeth. As I scroll among my friends, there are zero who are anywhere near completing the last expansion.
    I realize that the team wants to slow down game play—though I’m not sure why. I’m guessing that they fear people will lose interest in the game if there’s nothing left to accomplish. But I think they’re going to the opposite extreme by adding a lot more permit-locked land when (as you said) most people are nowhere close to completing the last expansion. I’ve found the quest for permits frustrating and exhausting, and with this new addition I may just give up on all (or most of) my efforts to get permits. There comes a point when the amount of time and effort required becomes overwhelming, especially when it appears that it will be a never-ending quest. In the past, the new land additions have been spaced out enough to give me a breather in between, but not this time. If the team keeps adding permit-locked land at this rate, it will literally be impossible for me to ever open it all. Maybe some people find that challenging, but I don’t enjoy having an impossible goal.

Obviously I could accept the fact that I’ll never open all the locked land, and change my goal to opening what I reasonably can—but I don’t like doing things halfway. After the last permit-locked land was introduced—and the permits were removed from the regular red chests—I resigned myself to what I thought was an unreasonably long wait to open all the land. But at least I thought it was possible, which is why I’ve worked so hard to try to do it. Unless the team makes the permits more available, opening all the new permit-locked land before more is added looks impossible to me. I can’t even imagine how overwhelming it must be for newer players who still have much of the regular land to unlock on the main part of the farm.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    The limit is aimed at the players buying EM by the thousands on shady web sites for real cash. Supercell is protecting its business interests, which is fine. The limit does not do anything at all to help us, the players. The wheat bots will be wheating, the stealing bots will be stealing.
    Indeed, but they will be stealing less because Team Hay Day will reduce the supply of their intellectual property when players won't be able to sell more than 80 EMs daily as compared to unlimited now. I just looked at the recent trades in the active trade thread and some players are selling way more than 80 EMs per post. This amount will change drastically after the update.

BTW, I would be worried about selling 500 EMs at one time because I might increase my exposure to bunnies significantly. Apparently, some players like to gamble with their EMs and press their luck so different strokes for different folks.

Bunnies authors, l can't wait to see how you adapt to Supercell cutting off most of your supply. I won't wish you good luck at all.

---
    Lynn
    October 20, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:55 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post

Obviously I could accept the fact that Iíll never open all the locked land, and change my goal to opening what I reasonably canóbut I donít like doing things halfway. After the last permit-locked land was introducedóand the permits were removed from the regular red chestsóI resigned myself to what I thought was an unreasonably long wait to open all the land. But at least I thought it was possible, which is why Iíve worked so hard to try to do it. Unless the team makes the permits more available, opening all the new permit-locked land before more is added looks impossible to me. I canít even imagine how overwhelming it must be for newer players who still have much of the regular land to unlock on the main part of the farm.
    Given the previous cycle of obtaining permits:
    12 territories with a resolution of x 15 pieces = 180 permissions.
    In a month you can get: 8 permissions on derby + 5 permissions on ships = 13 permissions.
    180/13 = 14 months.
    The calculations are approximate, but not so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Indeed, but they will be stealing less because Team Hay Day will reduce the supply of their intellectual property when players won't be able to sell more than 80 EMs daily as compared to unlimited now. I just looked at the recent trades in the active trade thread and some players are selling way more than 80 EMs per post. This amount will change drastically after the update.

BTW, I would be worried about selling 500 EMs at one time because I might increase my exposure to bunnies significantly. Apparently, some players like to gamble with their EMs and press their luck so different strokes for different folks.

Bunnies authors, l can't wait to see how you adapt to Supercell cutting off most of your supply. I won't wish you good luck at all.

---
    Lynn
    October 20, 2019
    It's my understanding that players can continue to "sell" unlimited amounts of EM's, but the limit to 80 change involves "buying" EM's.

https://youtu.be/iVj77gWCaGE
    Last edited by Tahoe; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:55 AM.
    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Carboncoffee View Post
    This will be a disaster, I can see it already. The Hay Day Wiki states that from 9950 storage to 15k storage you would need 335 of each expansion material. If this 80 limit feature is true, it will surely make people more disinterested in this game.

Clearly the negatives outweigh the benefits.
    I don’t agree- I think it’s a great idea - and as someone with a very large barn currently 13350 and needing 286 of each item to increase to 13400 I think I am qualified to give opinion. I never have a problem with any bot and don’t have multiple farms - I also don’t see why you need to level up by using multiple farms and transferring back and forth - just play the game it is supposed to be played and enjoy this great game.
    Last edited by Sooty123; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:19 AM.
    Farm 242, Town 83
    Barn 13,450 - Silo 12,350
    kik: perky76

Quote Originally Posted by riversidefarm View Post
    Nope. There's no limit to how many farms a person can have, and that's the problem. If farms are connected to a phone number that would limit the amount of farms a person can have. Google links your email to your cell number and adds a location detection and 2 step verification for safety. Hay day needs something similar if they really care for their players. This EM limit isn't smart at all.
    Your idea is leaking. For my tablet I need wifi or hot spots only, no phone number needed. And a phone number is a personal thing which I donít forward to everyone. For google 2 step verification it might be ok but not for a game, especially when it can be easily cracked.