Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

As one poster said:
    “This won’t stop bots, they just use more, they probably can even automate it.”

I’m sorry this bot thing is such an issue.
    I’m more sorry this current attempt to address this issue
    A) will likely have little affect; bots are automated, if one bot collected ??? items per day but now that bot can only collect 80, those that make/use bots will just make/use more and their bots will keep doing what they do
    B) will and already has had an affect on many, many players who never were and will never be part of the issue that is trying to be addressed

That seems to me a flawed solution.

I have played 20 months (started Feb 2018).
    I know many have played longer.
    My barn and silo capacities are both over 4000.
    That’s over 300 total items to upgrade; eventually it will be more than double that.
    The new neighbourhood request option will do less than 1% of that.
    Most of the team I play with are at similar or higher levels.
    I say team because we play as a team.
    We have a queue for upgrades, and when - collectively - our team as enough for the next person in line, we place all our stuff in our shops, our teammate buys our team’s stuff, and upgrades.
    Our team uses its storage more effectively, our team improves more efficiently, and, most importantly, we advance our team & team spirit.
    Are we ‘wrong’ to play this way? Should we be prevented from playing like this because of something other players do that is not what we do (and something we will never do)?
    I thought the answers were ‘no’ and ‘no’.
    But this latest change makes me feel like we are being told the answers are actually ‘yes’ and ‘yes’.
    Which feels wrong.

By the way, our team discovered this barrier today by trying to help the next in line upgrade.
    We all loaded our shops with items only to have our teammate hit that 80 per day limit and not get to upgrade. 😢

FWIW, my group really doesn’t read the forums, or the announcements et al - we jus play as a group and have fun.
    We mostly trade with each other, look in the Daily Dirt, and whatever circle of friends we have.
    When I have a few hours free that I elect to spend playing HayDay, I will hit that 80 limit long before the time window I had to play is over.
    My town is maxed, but my teammates’ isn’t, so I’m willing to buy any town upgrade stuff I find to get to them later. Same with land plots (except those needing expansion permits), I don’t need land expansion items, some of the team does, so - being a team - if I run across something I don’t need but know they do, I’ll acquire it then share later.
    None of us even had an account for the forum.
    But, as a group, we agreed we should voice our view on the official forum and hope the designers & powers-that-be read our input and make better changes than this one.
    And yeah, I drew the short straw so made an account and posted.
    Our group is currently debating ‘keep playing’ or ‘find another game to play’.
    The game most of us played together before HayDay, we played for a bit over four years before we decided to find another (due to similar circumstances - changes to address issues that had little affect on the issues and lots of friendly-fire inadvertent effects).
    Last edited by DonMoody; October 22nd, 2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: additional details

Quote Originally Posted by DonMoody View Post
    FWIW, my group really doesn’t read the forums, or the announcements et al - we jus play as a group and have fun.
    None of us even had an account for the forum.
    But, as a group, we agreed we should voice our view on the official forum and hope the designers & powers-that-be read our input and make better changes than this one.
    And yeah, I drew the short straw so made an account and posted.
    Our group is currently debating ‘keep playing’ or ‘find another game to play’.
    The game most of us played together before HayDay, we played for a bit over four years before we decided to find another (due to similar circumstances - changes to address issues that had little affect on the issues and lots of friendly-fire inadvertent effects).
    Yep I also registered an account here because of that.
    I already sold almost all my farm to my NH and now just selling the rest. Also looking for another game to play. Not fun anymore

p.s. I am also going to give it one star in the app store. Mostly for not mentioning this limit in update description. Bet i am not alone, so probably the rating of the game will drop soon
    Last edited by WhiskeySour; October 22nd, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

Absolutely wrong.
    So, since bots are "unstoppable"... you stop real players instead? 🤨
    Congratulation, the operation was successful but the patient died.

It is all about trust.

How could we ever trust in Supercell anymore to spend more money on this game? Even if they canceled this limitation today we would be waiting for the new stupid updates how to punish the old players. And why do they punish us? - only because we play honestly and we spend money to get more diamonds.

I have been playing for almost 6 years and I have bought thousands and thousands of diamonds. And now it is over. The game has been destroyed and I will never trust Supercell anymore. I have sold and bought expansion items between the farms for a long time but it is not possible anymore because of this stupid limitation. Why to keep on playing the game anymore?

And why should I spend more money on the destroyed game?

Centennial Club
    This is probably the best update ever

This 80 EMs limit could solve the buyer bot problems. But please add an counter so we can see the number of tools we bought and reconsider the 80 limit.

Maybe make it higher so we can do one upgrade of barn or silo or land in 1 day. Now it needs 2 days to expand a piece of land for example

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    It's my understanding that players can continue to "sell" unlimited amounts of EM's, but the limit to 80 change involves "buying" EM's.
    Yes that’s my understanding as well.
    And I think that will severely limit the activity of the bots. They can wheat all they want and steal all they want but at the same time the most they can sell to any one farm is 80.
    Sure there are ways to get around it if the buyer uses more than one farm. But it seems like it would end up being a lot of fuss. Only a few would consider it worth the trouble.

it doesn’t bother me at all as I haven’t traded in several years. However I understand why people are upset.
    Also SC has said many times that they don’t support trading and to trade at your own risk.

Not A Solution

Quote Originally Posted by BisonteCalvo View Post
    Well, i don't want to came in to say 'hey, it won't affect my play, so i don't care' (which is true..), but...

Just my 2c, as a programmer, on the 'bot' effect of thiis change:
    I also code.
    So here is a pair of trick questions, for you, “as a programmer”:
    1) name a dozen articles published in peer reviewed computer programming journals about reducing bot activities in the gaming world
    2) name one of those articles that includes what happened here as an optimal solution

1 is easy; any novice with google could answer
    2 is impossible because no peer reviewed article has ever recommended a solution like this one; the gain vs collateral damage ratio is too low for it to be authorized for publication

Quote Originally Posted by Woutercross View Post
    Maybe i should clarify, THE bots have to get the Bems somehow, by stealing from people (who aren't befriend) so the bots will hit their 80 limit in like the first 5 mins of their gameplay per day.

It doesn't stop them, neither does this, but it would slow them down the same amount as the above solution.
    I don't think it would even slow them down.

These aren't individuals playing the game on their phones, using cheats. They've got farms of computers with Android emulators, running armies of bots. This isn't a game to them, it's their full time job. They'll just run more bots; it's all automated, so why not? It will be 10 bots to get 800 BEMs, instead of 1.

The limit on buying will slow them down, because it affects their customers, who presumably will be less willing to risk their farms by using cheats.

But from SC's point of view...they can't tell if people are real friends/neighbors, or a botfarmer and his customers.
    Level 209

We're not supposed to talk too much about how the bots work, but...they're taking advantage of a loophole SC can't or won't close.

After an update, the bots are scarce for a few hours or days, but they always come back. I'm not convinced this time will be different.

I wish they'd remove this limit, and just leave the wheatbots alone. At least they don't bother the real players. A DD full of wheat is no worse than what we currently have (a DD full of rustic bouquets). It's cracking down on the wheatbots that led to the L bot and its ilk.
    Level 209