Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencheese View Post
    If SC wants players to have barns of 3000, why is the limit 15,000 or whatever it is? SC wants players to keep spending money to get bigger barns.
    Yep, pay to win, no more freebies.
    A balanced tool drop system sounds so good right now....
    Last edited by BULIGO; October 28th, 2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    80 items limit per bot, when there are thousands of robber bots is not much of a limit
    For sure. I think we all knew they'd just generate more bots.

But how are they selling their ill-gotten gains? The "packages" I've seen advertised had a LOT more than 80 items in them.
    Level 203

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    For sure. I think we all knew they'd just generate more bots.

But how are they selling their ill-gotten gains? The "packages" I've seen advertised had a LOT more than 80 items in them.

Which is exactly the point. The bots don't have to play by the rules. So setting new rules that hurt legitimate players doesn't hurt the bots.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Yep, pay to win, no more freebies.
    A balanced tool drop system sounds so good right now....

Win what? There is no winning in Hay Day. Everyone spends some of their money to enjoy their life, to go out to dinner, to go to the movies, to buy things they want/enjoy. It's called discretionary spending. I'm sure even you do. So why worry about others spending more than you on Hay Day. We/I are just enjoying ourselves. Live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna1 View Post
    Since I have not investigated the price of illegally purchasing upgrade items (because I don't intend to buy them illegally) I have no way of k owing if your claim is true, but there is another possibility. It's possible that the real problem is that players aren't able to ask Supercell at a time of their own choosing for an offer to upgrade their barn, silo, etc. I have received those offers myself, but they come at inconvenient times. If I knew that I could ask for an offer anytime I wanted, I might just keep my tape and ask for an offer (for bolts and planks) when I have enough tape for an upgrade. It's quite possible that this fix might solve the problem of Supercell not selling upgrade items often enough themselves because people could buy the upgrade without risking their farm by violating the terms of service and they could buy it when they wanted to.

Susanna
    Susanna, you may want to take a look here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Up-Barn-Space

I have been using this method especially when barn space is desperately needed.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Using your analogy, if governments legalized drugs and taxed them it would remove the illegal market. If that were true as an analogy for what Hay Day is doing then wouldn't it be true that all Hay Day would have to do to remove illegal demand is to sell the product themselves? They already sell upgrade items for diamonds and they already offer instant barn or silo upgrade packages for purchase with real money and this hasn't succeed in removing the illegal demand. The logical conclusion is that either your analogy is flawed or the argument that governments could deal with drugs by legalizing them is flawed. I'm not going to discuss that second possibility, so I won't speculate if the first possibility is the answer or not.

Susanna
    You're not wrong. Even things that are legal and heavily taxed in one area, people find a way to get it cheaper (mainly by traveling to another area).
    People will always find a way to circumvent.

Personally, I hate the limit. Although I don't do any mass trading, I have hit the limit twice. The 2nd time I was buying a lot of random stuff, just in case... cause if I need it "tomorrow" I better get it today when I don't need to move things or do neighborhood trades.
    The first time was trying to sort out what I have across 2 farms. This was rather annoying because I hit the limit after only 10 parts. Which makes me believe the timer is based off your first purchase 24 hours ago, rather than resetting with the UTC. I can understand that I guess, otherwise you could trade 80, 1 minute before, then 80, 1 minute after - - but I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Nick made three posts in this thread but he never stated that Team Hay Day could easily adjust the limit to a higher value which wouldn't require a major update and thus could be implemented quickly.

---
    Lynn
    October 28, 2019
    it was in a different thread (Hay Day Update: October 2019) in response to the question whether the limit was legit. Its on the first page that Nick posted the following so appears the limit can be easily adjusted during a short maintenance and not a major update:

I can confirm it is legit. No fake-news this time around. It's not mentioned in the marketing texts as it will affect such a small number of players anyway, and keep in mind that we can change the value at any point via a maintenance if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    Personally, I hate the limit. Although I don't do any mass trading, I have hit the limit twice. The 2nd time I was buying a lot of random stuff, just in case... cause if I need it "tomorrow" I better get it today when I don't need to move things or do neighborhood trades.

The first time was trying to sort out what I have across 2 farms. This was rather annoying because I hit the limit after only 10 parts. Which makes me believe the timer is based off your first purchase 24 hours ago, rather than resetting with the UTC. I can understand that I guess, otherwise you could trade 80, 1 minute before, then 80, 1 minute after - - but I don't like it.
    Interesting. FWIW, on another forum people are complaining that they are hitting the limit even though they are nowhere near 80 items. They contacted support, and were told they had bought 140+ items that day, and that's why they were blocked from buying more.

How is that even possible? Even with some slack in the limit, over 140 should not be possible with the new rules.

This new "feature" might be buggy.
    Level 203

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Susanna, you may want to take a look here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Up-Barn-Space

I have been using this method especially when barn space is desperately needed.

Thank you! I had no idea it even worked this way because I've never bought upgrade items.

Susanna
    Level 144, Town level 40, 143/144 Achievements
    Purchased last of all available house, truck and stand options from Maggie: November 18, 2019

Thank you! I had no idea it even worked this way because I've never bought upgrade items.

Susanna
    I usually wait until i need just 1 or 2 of an item. The 8 diamonds I spend on 1 is worth almost 100 barn spaces, for me. Then I can share any more of that item to my hoodies or in the RSS until the others are done.

It is just one strategy players can try to help them with the new limits.
    Last edited by Momscar; October 28th, 2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗