Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

I haven't read the notes yet but heard that there will be a limit to the amount of expansion item you can buy per day (80 it seems). It sure will change the game a lot for the players.

Your thoughts? How are you going to adapt to this new limit?

I'm in favor of this, the number can be revised when needed. A cap with expansion item would greatly reduce abuse and help more players upgrade their storage for a better game experience. Much needed now with even more products to store and produce.

Looking for more info? Check this FAQ.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:11 PM. Reason: add FAQ link
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Maggie StyleBook: 43/60 parts | 8/21 styles and counting

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 138♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

My understanding watching redknights video is that this will include all expansion materials, including tems, lems, sems, bems.
    I am assuming it does not include axes mining tools saws.

This means you can’t buy more than 80 of ANY of these items across all 4 categories ?

What if you’ve bought 74 and 10 are for sale, will it be disallowed?

When is the 24 period marked, between your Alfred arrivals or at a universal utc setting?

Will there be come kind of counter telling you how many you’ve purchased that day? So you suddenly see 10 planks in the paper and you manage to get there fast enough and wham, you get some message saying you’ve exceed your expansions for the day ? That’s going to go over well.

And most importantly of all, how will this address the ongoing, pervasive, never ending buyer bot activity that steals small trades as much as it steals larger ones? Are we suggesting the buyer bots will be limited to stealing no more than 80 per 24 hours and therefore diminishing the return ? Assuming of course these programs don’t immediately find a way around this.

My first reaction is that I am HORRIFIED at this. What a terrible no good short sighted mean thing to do to long time players who regularly trade hundreds of tools on any given day. I have exceeded selling and buying 80 expansions materials EVERY DAY I play.

Im going to need to think seriously about the whole thing, and examine the answers to some of my questions, but I’m afraid this might be the straw that breaks the proverbial camels back for me. I think it’s time to finally quit hay day. Sigh.
    Last edited by Aardvark10; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:52 PM.

I see no good to come from this. It just arbitrarily limits the players with no benefit at all.

It won't help with bots because the bots will just make multiple accounts to get around the limit.

I like it!

I imagine it will bother some including bots and people who harvest premium items for monetary gain. Others may need to plan and adapt their strategy for upgrading baby farms or supplying main farms, but I look forward to seeing how it rolls out.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Absolutely the most stupid brain dead idea ever.

This won’t stop bots, they just use more, they probably can even automate it.

This will only affect normal players, like me and thousands of others.

I swap regularly 100+ EM’s with my NH members and FB friends.

That’s how we help each other.

Can’t see why you would be pro this change?

The L bot is annoying but when you pay attention it will never buy more then 10.
    Last edited by Cowslips; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:45 PM.
    Farm level 148. Town level 43. KIK: Namoh1
    Achievements 143/144. Pets: 56/56. Fish: 172/172.
    Lobster pool and duck salon fully expanded.
    Masteries 35/35!!
    Trusted trader, more then 11k+ positive trades. Scammers should be banned!

This will simply make obsessed players more desperate. The players who do use bots have multiple farms so this doesn't affect them much. L-bot would become way more rampant. L is triggered when you trade in large amounts with multiple farms, so this idea is actually beneficial to L. Why can't we simply link your farm(up to 3 or 4 farms) to a cell phone number with a two step verification? That would end bots FOREVER and hacking will be impossible.

I think it is a horrible idea! It takes well over 100 each item for me to expand barn which is why I have a baby farm to help store it all so when I have enough for an upgrade I am dead in the water trying to transfer. With the new land taking expansion permits as well it means we will be stuck holding onto lems longer because now we dont dare sell them off and hope we only find them in the ads on days we are not near the cap. I just see this as a huge backlog in our barns just as we are adding new products. I love this game so much but honestly, its 1 step forward and 2 steps back anymore.
    Level 110

Centennial Club
    This will be a disaster, I can see it already. The Hay Day Wiki states that from 9950 storage to 15k storage you would need 335 of each expansion material. If this 80 limit feature is true, it will surely make people more disinterested in this game.

Clearly the negatives outweigh the benefits.
    Last edited by Carboncoffee; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:57 PM.

I need 114 of each for my barn, but I save up for it.

Our hood has never supported instant building upgrades.

We do support each other, but generally no more than 40 of each
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Centennial Club
    Wouldn't this actually make the bots useless? Don't they steal EMs to sell for real money? If the people buying the EMs are now only able to buy 80 a day, wouldn't that basically destroy the market?