Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion item: 80 max per day ?

Quote Originally Posted by kinlyn View Post
    I mean the people paying real money can only buy 80 EMs, no matter what systems the bots have in place.

The bots will have no reason to operate if people aren't able to buy their stuff.
    This is a good point. I hadn't thought of that. I still think there needs to be a better way to deal with bots then alienate high level players.

Quote Originally Posted by riversidefarm View Post
    Nope. There's no limit to how many farms a person can have, and that's the problem. If farms are connected to a phone number that would limit the amount of farms a person can have. Google links your email to your cell number and adds a location detection and 2 step verification for safety. Hay day needs something similar if they really care for their players. This EM limit isn't smart at all.
    Absolutely against SC forcing me to give Google or anybody else my phone number AND/OR email AND/OR permission to track me and my activity for any reason, least of all to play a game. So sorry but this is a terrible idea.

I will assume until there is evidence to the contrary that SC knows well how the bots work and that this will put a spoke in their wheel at least for a time. Will it work in perpetuity? Probably not but that may not be because the solution is terrible but rather a ďnaturalĒ progression because as criminals are always finding ways to circumvent laws, so too will cheaters try to buck a system.

This is a daily limit, no? So each week players could buy up to 560 items. More than enough to expand any barn except for the hugest. Even if it takes longer, I certainly donít expand my barn every week. Iím not even sure I do it monthly but then I donít trade.

Traders are all in a lather right now but I think we can all just settle down just a bit and see how it works. Further, itís a limit on buying only. Not on selling. As the demand is surely much higher than the supply this just means more people get a chance to buy. I donít think thatís a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    This is a daily limit, no? So each week players could buy up to 560 items. More than enough to expand any barn except for the hugest. Even if it takes longer, I certainly don’t expand my barn every week. I’m not even sure I do it monthly but then I don’t trade.

Traders are all in a lather right now but I think we can all just settle down just a bit and see how it works. Further, it’s a limit on buying only. Not on selling. As the demand is surely much higher than the supply this just means more people get a chance to buy. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
    560 a week might seem like a lot, if it was just BEMS (I currently need over 200 each to upgrade and I DO upgrade weekly). But there’s also sems, which I also update weekly. And LEMS, which we all need again for 12 new land plots that don’t require permits. And to say nothing if you are still working on your town.

This is awful. Talk about ruining the helping or collaborating spirit of the game. Are we still going to be getting uneven tool drops with this rule ? I bet we are. Nasty diamond grab if you ask me.

I’m also pretty sure the cheaters will find a work around within a few days, both for buying/stealing and selling to real money buyers. That’s what they do.

the rest of us will just be stuck with hundreds of lopsided tools we can’t sell to anyone we know.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 173, town 65
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Absolutely against SC forcing me to give Google or anybody else my phone number AND/OR email AND/OR permission to track me and my activity for any reason, least of all to play a game. So sorry but this is a terrible idea.

I will assume until there is evidence to the contrary that SC knows well how the bots work and that this will put a spoke in their wheel at least for a time. Will it work in perpetuity? Probably not but that may not be because the solution is terrible but rather a ďnaturalĒ progression because as criminals are always finding ways to circumvent laws, so too will cheaters try to buck a system.

This is a daily limit, no? So each week players could buy up to 560 items. More than enough to expand any barn except for the hugest. Even if it takes longer, I certainly donít expand my barn every week. Iím not even sure I do it monthly but then I donít trade.

Traders are all in a lather right now but I think we can all just settle down just a bit and see how it works. Further, itís a limit on buying only. Not on selling. As the demand is surely much higher than the supply this just means more people get a chance to buy. I donít think thatís a bad thing.
    That's the world we live in now. Your information is readily available online(go and google yourself) unless you live off the grid and pay everything in cash. Google, Youtube can track your location and save what you search. I'm sure you've used youtube and Google. Even your Internet service provider has information and can shares it with investigative authorities if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dove2017 View Post
    ...the rest of us will just be stuck with hundreds of lopsided tools we canít sell to anyone we know.
    Oh Dove. Sell to people you donít know. All the rest of us who use the Daily Dirt. I think thatís the point.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dove2017 View Post
    And LEMS, which we all need again for 12 new land plots that donít require permits. And to say nothing if you are still working on your town.
    heres one less worry for you, the way I understood it is that there is no non-permit land this time around.
    So there isnít all that much need to buy LEM as on average a player can easily acquire the LEM they need for the next plot before they saved the permits needed.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    heres one less worry for you, the way I understood it is that there is no non-permit land this time around.
    So there isn’t all that much need to buy LEM as on average a player can easily acquire the LEM they need for the next plot before they saved the permits needed.

My understanding is the opposite. Half the land (12 areas) will require permits and half (12 areas) won't. The areas requiring permits will have decorations, some old, some new. The areas which do not require permits will not have decorations.

Centennial Club
    IF there's a hard limit, I want to have
    - a counter, how much BEm/SEM etc are left over each day.
    - have it multiplied (or more than) for higher users, so limit is depending on level.
    - counted only for BEM. Bots don't care about SEM or TEM, they only want to have the BEM supplies
    - of course, get rid of this awefull feature. It isn't something that will help us get rid of the bots that are running 24/7 to make money on trading websites for selling sets. bots are than multiplied to have the same amount each day.
    - A better support to get rid of the 'harvest' farms when a "real" player report them to support. Sometimes I'm reporting 5-6 a day. They are not shutdown after a week. What sense does it make to report it then...
    Lvl:59 Achievements: 104/132 (updated 08/25/2017)
    Lvl:64 Achievements: 111/144 (updated 12/09/2018)
    Lvl:75 Achievements: 121/144 (updated: 09/02/2019)
    Lvl:78 Achievements: 125/144 (updated: 11/10/2019)

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencheese View Post
    My understanding is the opposite. Half the land (12 areas) will require permits and half (12 areas) won't. The areas requiring permits will have decorations, some old, some new. The areas which do not require permits will not have decorations.
    There will definitely be land with and land without decorations like you said. But I believe this time around all the land will require permits but I will leave room for error on my part.
    The land plots may also be mixed and not as neatly grouped as they were previously.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

The 80 limit is obviously aimed at the bots. My first reaction was that it's the wrong way to go about it and that it will hurt players rather than help them. But I don't know that. No one knows that now. Maybe it will actually reduce or eliminate the bots somehow. Maybe the limit is a way of monitoring sales to identify the bots, which will allows SC to delete them. I think we need to wait and see before we go all nutso about it.