Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Battle "Draw" fix

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    50
    builder base is one of the biggest con jobs of supercell, most are the very bots that supercell created.

  2. #12
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,971
    Quote Originally Posted by pernickity View Post
    builder base is one of the biggest con jobs of supercell, most are the very bots that supercell created.
    This conspiracy theory again?

    The work associated with making a combat bot that can attack reasonably is far, FAR more complicated than just pitting two human players against each other.

    Second .. It actually doesn't matter, IF it was a bot attacking you .. it's still not a "con job", because YOU still have a chance to beat the predetermined bot attack AND you are still entertained by the game.

    In short, it doesn't matter if you are fighting a bot or not.

    /Affront
    TH13-65/65/41/2|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

  3. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Valley Stream, NY
    Posts
    866
    Shortest attack time wins?

    I came to rant about the 100% tie and saw this thread. Haven't gotten a chance to search for why the SC apologists would object to this solution. Seems to go hand in hand with challenges that reward you for stars gained in less than a minute.

  4. #14
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLH View Post
    Shortest attack time wins?

    I came to rant about the 100% tie and saw this thread. Haven't gotten a chance to search for why the SC apologists would object to this solution. Seems to go hand in hand with challenges that reward you for stars gained in less than a minute.
    Here you go.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-Base-Battle
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #15
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,971
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLH View Post
    Shortest attack time wins?

    I came to rant about the 100% tie and saw this thread. Haven't gotten a chance to search for why the SC apologists would object to this solution. Seems to go hand in hand with challenges that reward you for stars gained in less than a minute.
    Shortest Attack Time Wins => certain armies can not be used (anything including PEKKA, Bombers or Archers)

    Highest Destruction, including Walls => all armies must contain Bombers, thereby limiting choice

    Lowest Builder Hall Wins => Encourages "maxers" which goes against Builder Hall design principles

    Let partial destroyed buildings count too => would be a sensible DrawBreaker making <100% draws less likely, but not simle for players to verify.

    A winner is called randomly => people would be hugely offended every time they were NOT selected.

    Instant rematch using a random base from the 3 available base slots => might work, but people would still feel that they are wasting time.

    So, we circle back to the best possible DrawBreaker:

    Highest Destruction percentage wins => both players have to wait a few minutes, but simple to verify.


    Any DrawBreaker that favors YOUR attack style, YOUR busy schedule or YOUR sense of speed is inherently flawed.

    Once in a while, you have to wait a few minutes .. that's a small price to pay for a simplified game play.

    /Affront
    TH13-65/65/41/2|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

  6. #16
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    160
    Seems like someone is using the clock tower boost while battling. OP, the reason why there is reward for draws is mainly because...well...life doesn't always give you a participation award. The main rule is: Win it all, or nothing at all. Second, everyone has the option to use ANY troop they want to use at any given time. Whether it be a slow tempo or a fast tempo, everyone has the opportunity to potentially win. By giving the win to the shortest/fastest one to win, you limit the armies that are the slowest. I use raged barbs and archers in my battles. Should I be punished for using this army? No! I deserve the win just as much as you do! And I believe the Draw systwm now is perfect. Any draws I receive will make me WANT to win next time, not complain about should there be a tiebreaker. But then again, you say I have no say simply because I'm a BH 4. I chose to take it slow, and I'll take it slow to the end. I chose to go against the grain. If you get more ties, just drop about a couple 100 trophies and you'll surely see results. Ofc you won't see a better reward, but...the more you push, the more it'll push back. If you keep getting more draws, it probably means you are getting matched with like minded people.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    428
    I'm using one of alt accounts to get 100% draws on purpose... a tie breaker resolution system of any sort would ruin this, so definitely no thanks!

  8. #18
    Hey everyone,

    I do sincerely hope that a moderator or a game designer will finally give an answer to this thread. Because a lot of players, do have a problem with draws when a lower base meets a higher base. This is just a new one out of many. Sadly, not one player has a real solution. I have one.

    The current system is not fair in my opinion because of the way it is meassured. I really hope the developers change the system. Instead of using percentages, count the buildings that are destroyed. A lower base destroys more buildings in a battle with a higher base. Sometimes the difference is 7 or 8 buildings. Between builderbase level 7 and 8 it is I believe six buildings more in favor of builderbase 8.

    If buildings are counted you have an actual better system. For example: In the current system, builderbase with level 7 against builderbase level 8, both parties destroy 25 buildings and the player with base 8 wins because of a higher percentage. That is easy to explain, less buildings to destroy. 25 out of 44 gives a higher percetage then 25 out of 48. Besides builderbase 7 has one armycamp less and less troops to get the same result.
    In the same system when both parties have 100%, the player with builderbase 7 destroyed more buildings. Change the rules in destroyed buildings and you get a winner. If there is tie, the tie will be set by destroyed buildings. No one can complain about it. There is an equal score.

    So, how to count stars? That is something for the background and developers. I think they are clever enough to take a serious look at this and examine the options. It will make the game better and more exciting.
    If 24 buildings in builderbase 7 is 50% what counts for a star. Destroy the builder home is an extra star and destroy all buildings is a 3 star. Only in this case, a builderbase level 7 has destroyed more buildings then a builderbase 8 or 9.

    To point at a few comments in here with a tie. A tie or draw is a real tie or draw when both parties destroy exactly the same amount of buildings. I really believe this makes the game more exciting and fun.

  9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelgium View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I do sincerely hope that a moderator or a game designer will finally give an answer to this thread.
    That has already happened in dozens of threads.


    Because a lot of players, do have a problem with draws when a lower base meets a higher base.
    In terms of proprtion of player base, almost certainly an incredibly tiny proprtion. I would expect bigher BH to triple lower at least 90% of the time, and your so called solution would just be incredibly wrong in the case of a 100% draw.

    In the very rare 2 star draws, this would be just as unfair on the higher BH as you claim the current system is on the lower one.

    I genuinely believe this happens so rarely that there is absolutely no need to do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    oblivion
    Posts
    875
    i think the fair thing would be for 100% ties, both are counted as winning for loot but noone changes trophies

    i could not stand being at 3800 trophies, way to many 100% ties

    i dropped down to 3000(not an easy task) and i find oeople 3 star me alot less
    I had a signature once. then I misplaced it
    signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •