Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What was the point of adding the guard post to the game?

  1. #21
    Senior Member DrinCoC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    Because you’re not directly competing against somebody else on the leaderboard’s, you’re competing in terms of trophies not really in terms of direct 1v1 skill per se.

    You could say main village requires a lot more thoughtfulness and skill, however it’s less competitive because you’re not facing opponents directly, it’s more indirect.

    Like for example me and Heron face each other all the time at the end of the season, directly. He usually wins but let’s say he wins or I win it makes a huge impact on who finishes higher it’s a direct competitive thing similar to a game of basketball. It just feels more satisfying like you’re defeating somebody in a 1v1 versus just destroying random villages to accumulate trophies.

    Whereas main village is more like... idk there isn’t something I can compare it to, you’re just attacking random people some of them that aren’t within the same trophies as you, and have no competitive relation to you.

    Also up until legends leagues was added recently, it was definitely a grind fest where are you had to wait multiple hours in the cloud the entire day to get an edge/ pay gems and use shields. Builder base is also in a way ground first and people who play all day have an advantage but the FEEL of bb is more satisfying. You’re actually playing live 1v1, and constantly facing the same people, I went up against the same guy four times in the same day on builder base that would never happen on Main Village.
    I'm quite sure that top players in leaderboard (those between 5800 to 6000) match each other several times in MV.
    Drin | Reddit Zulu

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    @Merc You basically are just repeating what I said, yes builder base is a much more skill-based platform because it’s directly competitive it’s not necessarily a grind fest like it is with main village, although it does have those elements to it.

    I didn’t have an issue with the guard post in the beginning because it was easy to lure out troops but as bases get bigger it becomes much more difficult without completely changing up your strategy, and not being able to use certain troop compositions at all. A tower should not radically change the entire outcome of the game just to fight around that one tower that’s called flawed game design.

    The point is the AI is already extremely poor which is an undeniable fact regardless of how it’s programmed it just doesn’t work out how I would assume it’s intended to work, properly? Now compound this with the guard post and your troops randomly being learned into the guard post regardless of if you’re the worlds best player or not you have no control over where the AI goes it’s absolutely impossible. Why make this even worse by introducing the guard post in the first place they should have thought about this before?
    You were the best player, but you are not currently. Just because you had been there, doesn't mean you will always be the best player there.

    You were the best player in June 2019 when Guard Post was also there at BH8, have you ever considered if the game has different AI and Guard Post AI, you might not even be the best player at BH8. You should consider that in your argument. You are not able to be the best player at BH9 and you are just cherry picking on the AI of this game and Guard Post to be the reason of your loss at BH9 (although both of this were there since the beginning and also at your BH8 time).

    You didn't seems to have problem with both AI and Guard Post when you are winning or when you were the best player as per what you said.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...7#post12221597
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...9#post12243999

    But why now? It's just an excuse for your inability to stay at the highest trophy ranking at BH9. If both AI and Guard Post is the reason that you are losing, then what you said previously about skills doesn't make any sense?? You see you are contradicting yourself now and then. Ranting about the game when you are losing and how you were a top player at BH8 doesn't give you legit reason to complain about the AI and Guard Post in the game at BH9.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; November 4th, 2019 at 02:36 AM.

  3. #23
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,055
    I know without guard post troops, the game would be a 100% fest with all hog attacks.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I would re-read my post if I was you.

    tl;dr guard post makes the ai 10 times worse.

    The Ai is already terribly bad at following directions, but now that they get lured in random directions by the guard post it’s even worse.

    because it’s no longer sort of random, now it can become completely random what direction your units start following.
    Actually it is much less random, not more.

    The guard post is designed to lure the troops, which it does. But it is consistent and predictable. Quite how you co u ld get so high without being able to deal with it I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I’d say you could spam air troops and get to 5000 trophies, of course at 4200 there is no frustration, because there is no strategy needed beyond spamming.

    ‘’I’m talking about at the top 200 global level, 6000+ guard post ruins well thought out strategies. There is no way to get around it.
    There is very little chance anybody could reach that level without knowing how to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  6. #26
    Centennial Club lrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is very little chance anybody could reach that level without knowing how to deal with it.
    In order to get in the top 100 global you have to be consistent, consistency is extremely important due to the inherently flawed matchmaking system, where you can face somebody with only 200 less trophies than you and lose 50 trophies, and only gain 5, that player is nowhere near 10 times worse than you, in fact he’s give or take 10% better or worse than you, 200 trophies doesn’t make any negligible difference in terms of skill, but like Heron said it can drastically alter your placement in the top 100 based on who you queue with. I think this system was obviously created by somebody who is not a top BH pusher/ or worked with one to tune the rating system.

    With that out of the way I’m not talking about it’s impossible to deal with maybe I did write that and that’s an error I made it’s possible to deal with but anyway it’s impossible to deal with consistently speaking. It adds randomness to the game when the AI is already inherently random in a bad way, it adds more fuel to the fire.

    There’s no way, and maybe I’m reading your post wrong but for you to say that troops get redirected in a linear pattern is wrong. It’s completely random, in the sense that you’re deploying sometimes hundreds of troops and there’s no way, unless you’re just focusing on killing the builder post troops before you initiate your attack that you would be able to know which way your troops decide to go.

    It can lure vital troops (bm/pekka) in the worst directions and this is not a debate you or anybody else could have because this is a widely accepted complaint in the game at this point. Let’s just be honest there is no super genius in the game that could possibly calculate where all of the troops they dropped will get lured in by all five of the guard post troops, it’s just impossible for human beings to do at this stage in the game.

    —————————————

    @James Hogs actually don’t even care about guard post troops, if it wasn’t for guard post troops I think less people would use hogs. Guard post troops aren’t devastatingly OP in terms of their actual main function, they are OP in the sense that they lure final troops to ridiculous places inside of the base in a random fashion.

    —————————————

    @Heron It’s actually really inspiring that you said that, because I’ve started to realize that everybody has their own issues and they work through it and can still be some of the best in the world, my tendinitis was really bad, I had to sell my laptop I couldn’t even use a mouse it was in both my hands and arms from working out too hard, it lasted for 2 YEARS.

    I know what you’re saying but till this day I only have 3700 wins and I got that high of a rank, if you think about it nobody else has ever gotten that high with that low of wins. I tried to find somebody and I havent. not that that matters I don’t even consider myself a good player compared to you or other top 10 players, I’m like a top college basketball player, you’re like NBA. Very similar but definitely different level.

    —————————————

    @turtle I don’t care about bragging to a bunch of people I don’t even know that’s not the point the point is people saying that I don’t know what I’m talking about because I’m a low-tier player, don’t conflate the difference between being attacked and defending yourself and just flat out bragging there’s a difference. My rank on clash of clans is one of the most disappointing things I’ve done in my gaming life, I mean I only got top 40 global/#1 USA and because of my tendinitis I was severely limited ever since BB came out, so it was really depressing to watch. Top 40 is not something I would need to brag about if I was just trying to brag it’s just showing that most people here don’t even play competitively but they are claiming I have these issues with the game because I’m a low tier player, so I need to set that straight.

    I don’t need to look up your profile, I obviously know who you are you’re a legend in the USA circuit. Don’t know what you’re trying to say I definitely was the number one player in the USA I never said I finished as the number one I was the number one like one or two days before the season ended, for around 10 hours. I really don’t care what place people finish at the last 1-2 days, it’s just arbitrary and looks “good on paper”

    —————————————

    @Drin You might be right, like I said I give a lot of credit to players that play main village because it’s extremely difficult and might be actually even more difficult than builder base in terms of figuring out attacks relative to base design.

    @Merc it’s not my excuse for not being as good, I don’t even play this game anymore competitively, besides like 5-6 attacks every few days, I don’t even keep up with the daily three attacks anymore, I’m just mentioning why the guard post has made the game more random and less consistent than it needed to be, and how it’s only going to get worse from this point on, I mean now that I think about it with more troops in the camp it helps out a little bit because that guard post becomes less of an issue, but with more levels the guard post gets more troops as well so actually it’s going to get WORSE.

    @2222 yeah they definitely made it a lot better, it’s just confusing how game developers think that people don’t want voice chat and that people don’t like PVP, I think that’s one of the greatest fallacies ever made and I see it constantly.

    For some reason, mobile game developers think that people don’t want voice chat/pvp or it’s a bad idea to implement vc, when literally every single PC game has voice chat; I don’t know where that nonsense came from. Pubg Mobile has voice chat, and is the most successful mobile game right now both has Voicechat and PvP. I think these companies not listening to their player base is the greatest detriment.

    You see what they did with Diablo to when they made Diablo three people went from a cult following on the able to just straight up not even buying Diablo 3 because of lack of PvP, but anybody could’ve told you that even before they made Diablo III and now they’re making Diablo 4 PvP centered as a result.
    Last edited by lrl; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:41 AM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    snip....
    This discussion just go round and round on a weekly basis without any purpose.

    I guess the purpose of adding Guard Post to the game had been answered and that's exactly what you are complaining about, Guard Post troops ruining attack. If Guard Post troops been ruining attack every now and then, then the Guard Post is fullfulling their purpose in the game, no?

    How to correct the Guard Post A.I. when everyone have their own opinion about what is the "correct" Guard Post A.I.? If you want it to get changed, it would be better to provide an example on what's your expectation on how the A.I. should be changed rather than keep complaining it ruining your attacks or even threatening that the top players like you will leave the game.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:07 AM.

  8. #28
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post

    @James Hogs actually don’t even care about guard post troops, if it wasn’t for guard post troops I think less people would use hogs. Guard post troops aren’t devastatingly OP in terms of their actual main function, they are OP in the sense that they lure final troops to ridiculous places inside of the base in a random fashion.

    —————————————
    That's exactly my point, hogs don't attack GP troops but GP troops attack hogs. You can encircle a base with hogs freezing almost all defenses on the outside simultaneously with one wave then a second wave to hit spots like where teslas pop up and enough hogs will survive to pretty much wipe out the rest of the base. Without GP troops there would be very little hitting the hogs inside the base and they would pretty much roll any base. Ever find someone with a GP troop near an edge, distract them with the BM and watch the hogs blow away that base.

  9. #29
    Unless something has changed recently I dont think the guard post is consistent.
    Plenty of attacks I have had where the BM is attacking the BH, only to stop mid swing and go an attack a guard post troop.

    Just had a defense right now where their BM was attacking my BH, still had at least 4 swings to go before taking it out and I had 2 archers shooting at the BM and he completely ignored them until the BH was down.

    Man if my attacks always went like that, I would have won a lot more matches.
    Last edited by jim3941; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •