Thread: Clan Raids

Clan Raids

Clan Raiding
    Here is a novel idea for a new game mode: Clan raids. A large-scale, end-game, cooperative, team-based clan activity.

Basic Setup

The raids would be held as a clan event, started the same way Clan Wars are (i.e. the opt in/out mechanism). Each raid would take the form of a 88 by 88 square base with three town halls, each worth one star. Each town hall destroyed would give ~1/3 of the total loot for the raid. Up to five players could attack each base at the same time. Not only would it be a challenge to balance army composition, it would also be a difficult challenge to coordinate attacks at that scale.

Specifics

Loot

Each raid "level" could be completed by each member of a clan once per week, giving approximately 1.5 million of each of the core currencies, and an equivalent amount of dark elixir. Destroying each town hall in the raid would be worth 500 thousand of each core currency and the equivalent dark elixir, for the total of 1.5 million.

Layout

Each raid would be an up to five person assault on an 88 by 88 square base (for equivalence, four times the size of a normal village). Each layout has no restrictions on building levels or numbers, like the current single-player campaign. They could either be designed by Supercell or crowd-pulled from forums/competitions.

Players

Any clan member of elder or higher could instigate a clan raid. Using an interface similar to selecting players for a clan war, the starting person would choose the up to five players to perform the raid. They would use their current armies to attack the base
    simultaneously, for a total of 1,300 troop housing space on the field.

Levels

The levels for the raids would be either created by Supercell on a regular basis (once per two months? three? one?) or pulled from base-building competitions from forums. Some might be suitable for lower-level town halls, though probably none below town hall 7 or 8 would be worth bringing along. It would be possible to include lower-level town halls, though they could not contribute very much to the raid. These difficulty changes would also change the loot rewards accordingly.

Multiple attempts

If the raid is not cleared on the first attempt, it is possible for the same players to attempt again until they complete the raid. The village would completely regenerate between attempts, though destroying the same town hall again would not count for additional loot. No loot over the total of 1.5 million could be gained.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    I like this idea but instead of making it possible for elders to able to start it they should make it only co-leaders and leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers View Post
    I like this idea but instead of making it possible for elders to able to start it they should make it only co-leaders and leader.
    Exactly

Level 243Maxed TH12

Fresh Spawn
    Lots of ways you could take this. Could have 3 levels you could start, a th 6-8 version, 9-10 version, and 11-12 version. That way be inclusive to most clan members. Or maybe multi tiered single raid, make it so is 5 instances deep, and harder as you progress. Make it so it cant be completed in 1 go, but will take several tries to complete even with strong th12 players. Also open to whomever wants to join. Loot based on % damage done for each player, maybe bonus for who achieved stars.

Up to five players could attack each base at the same time... Yes, there are games explicitly created to allow concurrancy, that is, multiple players within the same arena at the same time. For example, you and I both connect to a server, and it is at that server the battle actually takes place.

There is no concurrency in the Clash framework. In Builder Base battles for example, I attack a copy of your base on my device, while you attack a copy of my base on your device. Unless they "throw out the game" and recode from scratch, do not expect them to have any concurrency features.

We could still see something like you suggest one day, but highly doubt if it would allow concurrent attacking.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:56 PM.

I literally read only as far as, "Up to five players could attack each base at the same time," then scrolled down to see that rowman responded with the exact same thing I was going to write. This isn't a real-time multiplayer game.

Would it then be possible for each of the five players to progressively attack the base? Each time, damage would not be recuperated, so a copy of a base from a server could be used and attacked each time. It would still be challenging, but with a slightly different method of attack, like a wave offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthandelous View Post
    Would it then be possible for each of the five players to progressively attack the base? Each time, damage would not be recuperated, so a copy of a base from a server could be used and attacked each time. It would still be challenging, but with a slightly different method of attack, like a wave offensive.
    Yes, it would be possible. Boom Beach is built upon the same framework as Clash. In that game, they have Operations Bases. One person goes in a a time, any damage is persistent, so carries over to the next attacker.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:43 PM.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Up to five players could attack each base at the same time... Yes, there are games explicitly created to allow concurrancy, that is, multiple players within the same arena at the same time. For example, you and I both connect to a server, and it is at that server the battle actually takes place.

There is no concurrency in the Clash framework. In Builder Base battles for example, I attack a copy of your base on my device, while you attack a copy of my base on your device. Unless they "throw out the game" and recode from scratch, do not expect them to have any concurrency features.

We could still see something like you suggest one day, but highly doubt if it would allow concurrent attacking.
    Yeah, I agree with that. They've already done with builder base and it seems like they won't be doing it again for anything in a long time. Maybe in the future.