Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Our clan is struggling to recruit more players

I take it that's a statement, not a discussion point, since there are already so many threads about the same thing.

Same problem, me and my few friends are in one clan. There are just very few of us, and we barely are online at the same time so playing alone can get boring with no one to talk to. Options are to recruit new members but up til now sc has not come up with a better recruitment tool. If you recruit just anyone from the recruitment platform, you could recruit someone who does not even understand what you are saying. It honestly gets boring. Just couldnt stop for now thinking of how much money i have spent for all my accounts, thinking this could be a long time partner to easing boredom. I used to really enjoy this game but now it really gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ghenelle23 View Post
    Same problem, me and my few friends are in one clan. There are just very few of us, and we barely are online at the same time so playing alone can get boring with no one to talk to. Options are to recruit new members but up til now sc has not come up with a better recruitment tool. If you recruit just anyone from the recruitment platform, you could recruit someone who does not even understand what you are saying. It honestly gets boring. Just couldnt stop for now thinking of how much money i have spent for all my accounts, thinking this could be a long time partner to easing boredom. I used to really enjoy this game but now it really gets boring.
    So what is the problem with recruiting "just anyone from the recruiting platform".. Just remember to not give them a long term contract until you talk with them.

Centennial Club
    because they can spam unwanted troops

Trainee
    The problem with recruiting just anyone is that there isn't just anyone to recruit. I can go through the list my search brings up and I'm lucky if I find one person that doesn't have a full inbox. And I can guarantee that person isn't a desirable fit for my clan.

We are US based, level 16, 473 wins, 5 win streak, Champs 2 - we are not an undesirable clan. However the only way I can recruit is to pull out all of my old clash contacts and try to bring people in. However, that is not a bottomless pit and will dry up soon.

As others have said, activity in the clan is dying off too - if you log in and you are the only one on, there is nothing to do. In the past I might have hopped on global to look for some recruits until someone logged on in the clan. Now I just log off. So sad.

Merging with another clan sounds great, but I have hopped through MANY a clan, and finding one that is a good fit can take months or longer. And you slowly lose your core as people get tired of looking for a good fit and drop off from your group. So I am doing my best to keep our group together in our clan and bring some good clashers in, but the struggle is real.
    My Stats

| TH12 | XP 234 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 40 | #8L9CPGYP |

CLAN: [Dark Knights] - LEVEL 16 - CWL: CHAMPS 2
    #9PVLGLRP

Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    because they can spam unwanted troops
    Take them thru the interview process. If they dont fit, they wont be around to spam those troops..

Quote Originally Posted by crazylady74 View Post
    The problem with recruiting just anyone is that there isn't just anyone to recruit. I can go through the list my search brings up and I'm lucky if I find one person that doesn't have a full inbox. And I can guarantee that person isn't a desirable fit for my clan.

We are US based, level 16, 473 wins, 5 win streak, Champs 2 - we are not an undesirable clan. However the only way I can recruit is to pull out all of my old clash contacts and try to bring people in. However, that is not a bottomless pit and will dry up soon.

As others have said, activity in the clan is dying off too - if you log in and you are the only one on, there is nothing to do. In the past I might have hopped on global to look for some recruits until someone logged on in the clan. Now I just log off. So sad.

Merging with another clan sounds great, but I have hopped through MANY a clan, and finding one that is a good fit can take months or longer. And you slowly lose your core as people get tired of looking for a good fit and drop off from your group. So I am doing my best to keep our group together in our clan and bring some good clashers in, but the struggle is real.
    Not saying there is anybody to recruit.. Hopefully recruit tool version 2 works better.. Or even works..

I still believe a tool that allows infinite requests, for any hall level, will fail/stall anyway.. But just my guess..

I think.. People shouldnt be able to send requests to anyone with a higher war weight than themselves, and only have 1 list per day..

Hopefully, since the tool is supposed to use location as part of the internal workings, realistic lists can be assembled, that uses both players within that location/time zone, and catch them before the in box fills up.. But maybe I am over simplifying it, and expecting it to "ever work as intended" in its current form..

At least with global, it was pot luck as to whom was about, but at least they were real targets.. SC need something similar for it to work..

It's really interesting to try to understand how this is supposed to work. I have a new ish th12 (moved up from full max 11) and a max th11 that are both green to be recruited. Neither has a received an invitation yet. Not one! One is a co, so maybe people stay away from that, but the other is just a member. It makes me nervous to think that desirable accounts aren't even showing up in search criteria. I hope they can figure out a solution quickly.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCOCRocks View Post
    It's really interesting to try to understand how this is supposed to work. I have a new ish th12 (moved up from full max 11) and a max th11 that are both green to be recruited. Neither has a received an invitation yet. Not one! One is a co, so maybe people stay away from that, but the other is just a member. It makes me nervous to think that desirable accounts aren't even showing up in search criteria. I hope they can figure out a solution quickly.
    A lot of people won't try to recruit someone in a clan.
    My Stats

| TH12 | XP 234 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 40 | #8L9CPGYP |

CLAN: [Dark Knights] - LEVEL 16 - CWL: CHAMPS 2
    #9PVLGLRP

Centennial Club
    i don't poach from other clans as I feel it is dishonerable

But others are simply spamming their list.. So any account, never mind a desirable one, that hasnt received an invite, should be deemed as strange..
    There should be news on the fix this week, if using Darians time frame.