Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mission Accomplished: Engineered Bases are no longer a factor

Mission Accomplished: Engineered Bases are no longer a factor

I never thought I would see the day when I could finally declare--mission accomplished!

The first step I saw was when they required all buildings to be built before upgrading to town hall 12. However, that left a massive number of people who still had level 11 bases. They were still messing up matchups with clans who believed in "fair play" You'd still get matchups where it simply was "not fair" to the side which did not have as many engineered bases. At this point, I could see some effort by supercell but it felt "lackluster" to fix the problem.

Then, They introduced CWL. CWL was a major contributor to the destruction of many engineered bases. All of a sudden there was motivation to max out a base for CWL. My perception is CWL means a lot more than just a regular clan war. The number of engineered bases really went down dramatically after CWL was released. And, now that it's been a year since it was introduced, I don't see any engineered bases.

In December, Town Hall 13 will come out (if it does.) And, that really will be in final nail in the engineered base coffin. You have to give credit where credit is due. They could have really upset a lot of people with engineered bases. CWL gave those people the motivation to change their bases on their own to complete in CWL.

So, congrats on solving the engineered base problem. You have to give credit to where credit is due. Now, most of the wars we are in are fair. Sure. Every now and then we have to still face a team with one more TH12 than our own. And, that still stinks big time.

Perhaps matchups have become more "pay-to-win now" rather than "pray-for-matchup." And, even the "pay-to-win" price has gone down for a lot of people who were paying a lot. The $5 is a real game changer for a lot of people who used to be paying much more per month.

Not really. I can still take advantage of this in clan wars, as I often get matched to Max th10 or new th11. Very rare, I get matched to Max th11 with eagle.

Engineering will look different in the future. But it will continue.

When TH13 drops, next summer, I will take one of my junior accounts and selectively leave key defenses at level one, when I suspect war weight exceeds usefulness.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Who knows TH13 may require all of us to MAX all defenses before we are able to upgrade. Kinda like unlocking that OTTO thing in builder base. It may require max eagle, infernos, xbows etc....And maybe troops as well. I say don't make it so easy to just hit the TH upgrade button!

I agree the engineered bases have mostly gone mainstream, probably due to CWL.

There are still pockets that make good use of manipulated bases in regular war.. But I guess they dont take the monthly event very seriously.
    Roster engineering, however, is still possible, since they mainly still deal with numbers in the MMA.. But even here, they seem to have tightened things up, probably with some extra check boxes.

All in all, things are looking far far better than not so long ago..
    Incidentally, they do appear to have done another tweak recently, as the roster I was using timed out twice..
    Either that, or others moved on.
    So I can join you in giving them credit.. Not before time tho.. Two years of misery, then another 18 months of tweaks even after they dropped the TH12 bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Petgoat View Post
    Not really. I can still take advantage of this in clan wars, as I often get matched to Max th10 or new th11. Very rare, I get matched to Max th11 with eagle.

With engineering, it isnt only about gaining top hall advantage.. Many times, you can sacrifice the top hall, to enable overall advantage with the roster.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 18th, 2019 at 10:07 PM.

I would agree. Wars seem more balanced now which is awesome

Millennial Club
    I honestly forgot about engineering because I canít remember the last time I saw an engineered base let alone matchup.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Engineering will look different in the future. But it will continue.

When TH13 drops, next summer, I will take one of my junior accounts and selectively leave key defenses at level one, when I suspect war weight exceeds usefulness.
    Thats will be fail, trust me) cuz 12th have very huge weight in cw.

I up my engineering base from 11th with 1 lvl defence of biggest weight buildings, but top cannons, air, ranger towers, teslas for 11th. Mages was 8 th lvl, morta was 8 th lvl. And my war weight was bigger then full 11th.

So in result 1xEagle 1 lvl, 2xbombers 1lvl, 4xXbow 1lvl, 2xInferno 1lvl (i test without new defence from 12th, just up townhall to 12 whis 1 star), 5x8th mages, 4x8th mortar, full 11th rangers, full 11th canons, full 11th tesla, full 11th ard def/swepers + just 1 star 12th have weight bigger then full 11th.

You can easy calculate that just up to 12th give you so big war weight thats your mirrow will be 12th whis better defence anyway, it will be rushed, but not easy 3 star as you.

So engineering is died, and its good) But you still can be engineering base before 11th and lower, but after you up 12th you become usless in cw, cuz you just give free 3 stars to enemy clan.

Pro Member
    Last war I saw around 5-10 engineered TH11 in a 50vs50 war. They still exist and aren't going away anytime soon.

New Bloke/Chick
    Engineered bases are still helpful until your clan hits Master league in CWL more or less