Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clan mails permissions

Quote Originally Posted by adrianmalhiers View Post
    I don't think Supercell should waste their time on such a feature cause it's already been good the way it is and many clans just give people elders for a certain number of donations or for no reason so if all elders can send mails they could just abuse their power. Clash On!!!
    Have You noticed that we're talking about every permissions? It was example nothing more. We're now talking about changing ranks system! Not only clan mails.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesarz View Post
    Have You noticed that we're talking about every permissions? It was example nothing more. We're now talking about changing ranks system! Not only clan mails.
    I saw and even though you might be talking about the whole system you started off with the clan mail and I don't elders should be getting more authority in the clan and like I said if you want to send mails or do any other important function then just tell the leader or a fellow co-leader to make you a co-leader. Clash On!!!

My final idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Strongly diasgree, believe that if such an system was implemented, rank names would not only be irrelevant, they would be misleading. I want the clan to start a war search, for example, then whom do I ask to do that? A particular "Co" may not be able to (does not have that particular power enabled), yet a particular "Member" may. Heck, there could be a "Co" in the clan with no powers enabled, and a "Member" with all powers enabled. As you youself noted, to maintain clan hierarchy, yet those very titles would no longer define whom has the power within that very hierarchal structure, hence useless.

Here is how I see it could work which allows for a hierarchy of power and it is easily known to all whom holds what power. Let us look at the current Rank abilities. For each one, we assign a specific colored star ...

Ability to invite [Blue Star]
    Ability to kick [Red Star] (Only can kick those with less stars then themselves)
    Ability to promote [Green Star] (They can grant rights, which adds stars)
    Edit Clan information [Black Star]
    Send messages to all players [White Star]
    Start wars [Silver Star]
    Leader [Gold Star] (only the clan Leader can have this last star)

Where the game now shows "rank" replace those rank with stars! Someone who can "Invite" and "Send Mail" for example has two stars, one blue, one white. Now everyone is happy! They are all Generals, some one star generals, others ranging up to six star generals! ("Leader" is the only 7-star member, with the Gold Star included). Hierarchy both established and known to all! A ☆☆☆ out ranks a ☆☆, or a .
    Well, it's great idea but now let's think about how it will look like. Stars are good idea as it allows leader to customize players permissions but there are two problems. First who will be higher in hierarchy? Player who can send clan mails and start wars or another one who is able to invite and kick others? They both have 2 stars but they have diffrent permissions. Second problem: while scrolling down clan members list You can easily see who has which rank and who is higher than other Player. Rank name takes only some space. Now imagine how it will look if everybody will have 2,3 or even 7 stars! It will take much space.

I agree with XxGlad. It will be good idea allowing leaders to change permissions of elders. But I think that I have better (idea). Let's add elder I, elder II, and elder III. Elder III will have for example same abilities as these which elders have now. Elder II will be able to send clan mails and Elder I will be able to start clan wars. Every elder will be able to kick somebody but it should work the same as it works now, 1 player per 20 minutes. New rank? Ok it may be "senior member" rank with ability to accept requests and invite players or just to show that You're on the great way to be an elder one day.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Well, it's great idea but now let's think about how it will look like. Stars are good idea as it allows leader to customize players permissions but there are two problems. First who will be higher in hierarchy? Player who can send clan mails and start wars or another one who is able to invite and kick others? They both have 2 stars but they have diffrent permissions. Second problem: while scrolling down clan members list You can easily see who has which rank and who is higher than other Player. Rank name takes only some space. Now imagine how it will look if everybody will have 2,3 or even 7 stars! It will take much space.

I agree with XxGlad. It will be good idea allowing leaders to change permissions of elders. But I think that I have better (idea). Let's add elder I, elder II, and elder III. Elder III will have for example same abilities as these which elders have now. Elder II will be able to send clan mails and Elder I will be able to start clan wars. Every elder will be able to kick somebody but it should work the same as it works now, 1 player per 20 minutes. New rank? Ok it may be "senior member" rank with ability to accept requests and invite players or just to show that You're on the great way to be an elder one day.
    In such a case they could maybe instead of making it Elder I, Elder II could just make new roles like Senior member, Veteran etc.

Two "2-stars" are equal, in hirerarchy regardless of star color. Exactly as two "Elders" are equal today. Exactly as two Captains in the military are peers, even if one has 1,000 under command, and the other zero. Why would that be an issue, since it is true today? But at least under my proposed system, if you did want one particular person to be higher then another, you simply give them another capability, which gives them another star, and done! Clear hierarchy! In fact, finer granularity of hierarchy than we have today, since there would be up to 8 "ranks" (0 star through 7 star).

"Rank name takes only some space. Now imagine how it will look if everybody will have 2,3 or even 7 stars! It will take much space". Not true. Exactly where "rank" is shown today, that is replaced by "stars". Today, the rank "Co-leader" has 9 characters! How is replacing [max of 9] with [max of 7] taking "more space"?

This is why I am against "yet more ranks" ....

You suggest adding 3 ranks, "Elder I, Elder II & Elder III" per the permission mappings that you desire. Someone else wants a different permission mapping, so another rank is added. Where does it all end? Mathematics gives us the answer! With 6 selectable permissions we would end up with (2**6)+1, or 65 ranks. (The +1 in the calculation is for "Leader" whom, like today, inherits all rights, and there can only be one Leader). Under my proposed system, there are only 8 possible ranks (0 to 7 stars).

65 ranks yet only 50 max in a clan? Now if I want to know whom can do a war search I have to remember what each and every rank name can and cannot do. No thanks! Much, much simpler to have me look whom in the Clan List for whom has a Silver Star!
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    If the leader wants you to send clan mail, have them promote you to co-leader.
    yeah terrible idea most give elder as well as co like candy.