Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clan mails permissions

Clan mails permissions

Hi, today I got promoted to elder. My leader did it becaouse she wanted to allow me to send clan mails, however it's imposible to send them as elder. Can You allow elders to send clan mails or simple allow leaders to choose who will be able to send them? Becaouse co-leader is sometimes too much but You still need to send clan mails. Have a nice day!
    Cesarz
    Last edited by Cesarz; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:50 PM. Reason: Small mistake in post

If the leader wants you to send clan mail, have them promote you to co-leader.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    If the leader wants you to send clan mail, have them promote you to co-leader.
    Absolutely this^ OP. There are enough ranks to cover all permissions & there's certainly no need to customise the ranks themselves (unnecessarily complicated). If your leader wants you to send mails, (s)he has to promote you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Absolutely this^ OP. There are enough ranks to cover all permissions & there's certainly no need to customise the ranks themselves (unnecessarily complicated). If your leader wants you to send mails, (s)he has to promote you again.
    As I said, co-leader is too much. Maybe You don't know but co-leaders are able to kick everybody out in 3 minutes and elders can kick one person every 20 minutes. Co-leaders are also limited. You can't have too much of them in the guild. So I think that customization is a great idea. I hope that now You both understend what I'm talking about. Please first read permissions of clan ranks and then write back. Again, have a nice day!
    Last edited by Cesarz; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarz View Post
    As I said, co-leader is too much. Maybe You don't know but co-leaders are able to kick everybody out in 3 minutes and elders can kick one person every 20 minutes. Co-leaders are also limited. You can't have too much of them in the guild. So I think that customization is a great idea. I hope that now You both understend what I'm talking about. Please first read permissions of clan ranks and then write back. Again, have a nice day!
    You want to send clan mail but can't until you're a co-leader, the solution is to become co-leader to send clan mail. Not ready for the responsibility of co-leader because you're able to kick members, then you're not ready for that rank.

The current system is fine.

Millennial Club
    You want to send clan mail but can't until you're a co-leader, the solution is to become co-leader to send clan mail. Not ready for the responsibility of co-leader because you're able to kick members, then you're not ready for that rank.

It's fine for you, but many others would and have disagreed. The current roles are very limiting. There have been times in the past where I'd be fine with someone being able to start wars, send mails, but I really don't want them with ability to kick people out. I have also seen many times where I'd like to give people the ability to control invitations and recruiting but not have them be able to start wars or dole out medals.

The point is just because it works for you doesn't mean it works well for everyone, and giving more flexibility to ranks won't limit your ability to keep it how it is for you currently.

I understend but why You need to be co-leader to send clan mails? As I said I need to send them becaouse I help in clan wars (I donate troops to others bases) and if I'm training them I want to notice others that they don't need to train more troops. You also haven't said anything about co-leaders limit. If there are too much co-leaders (couse many People helps in wars and they need to send clan mails) leader can't promote more. Oh and that means that if leader wants someone to send clan mails he must accept risk that somebody can ruin all clan! As you know we don't see others in Clash of Clans so You don't know with who You're talking. Leaders should promote members/elders to co-leaders becaouse they trust them! Not becaouse they want to allow them to send clan mails!

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    It's fine for you, but many others would and have disagreed. The current roles are very limiting. There have been times in the past where I'd be fine with someone being able to start wars, send mails, but I really don't want them with ability to kick people out. I have also seen many times where I'd like to give people the ability to control invitations and recruiting but not have them be able to start wars or dole out medals.

The point is just because it works for you doesn't mean it works well for everyone, and giving more flexibility to ranks won't limit your ability to keep it how it is for you currently.
    I totally agree with SumoSloth. There are only two ranks (except leader and member) so it should be possible to customize ranks. It would really improve clans feature.

Forum Elder
    I understend but why You need to be co-leader to send clan mails? As I said I need to send them becaouse I help in clan wars (I donate troops to others bases) and if I'm training them I want to notice others that they don't need to train more troops. You also haven't said anything about co-leaders limit. If there are too much co-leaders (couse many People helps in wars and they need to send clan mails) leader can't promote more. Oh and that means that if leader wants someone to send clan mails he must accept risk that somebody can ruin all clan! As you know we don't see others in Clash of Clans so You don't know with who You're talking. Leaders should promote members/elders to co-leaders becaouse they trust them! Not becaouse they want to allow them to send clan mails!
    Sorry, but what's wrong with using clan chat?

I myself have pondered in the past if the entire rank system should be abandoned in favor of granting individual permissions, as opposed to via rank. Then just do away with ranks totally, there would be one, and only one, Leader while all others have a rank of member. For each player, the Leader can selectively enable what rights and privileges that person hold: Send Mail [Y|N], War Search [Y|N], Invite Players [Y|N], etc..

But, as others hinted above, trying to redefine current rank permissions, or creating new ranks for specific situations, can never resolve all needs. You want to extend mail rights, while another clan wants to extend war search rights, an so on. So I agree with your statement "simple allow leaders to choose who will be able to send them" if that is extended to all rights, and not just "sending mail".

Now, before someone asks "If all are members, then what of inheritance when the Leader goes inactive and there are no Cos nor Elders?". That is simple, rather than via title, make it via a specific right, such as "Longest serving active member with the rights to kick".