Thread: Championship Derby

Pro Member

Championship Derby

I play solo in the derby. I recently got promoted to the championship derby.
    I knew it would be a fast and frantic race to the finish but had no idea just how fast and frantic it would be!
    I delayed my derby until Wednesday so as to prepare my board with easy/fast tasks. I then started the derby and was matched with 4 teams. I completed a train task within 2 minutes and went back to find I was now matched with 14 other teams, 3 of which now had 1600 points (5 tasks) They were at full 10 tasks/maximum points within 30 minutes!
    Is this typical of the championship solo derby? How is it even possible to do 5 tasks in less than 2 minutes?

Our NH usually plays with 4 or less players. I have done solo derbys and they are not for the weak of heart, especially if you want to win. Staying out of the bottom 3 can be hard too, as most are doing all 320s AND the extra task. Time is of the essence.

Being ready to do all your tasks within a short period of time means doing a delayed start, which you did. There are solo players that will wait until late on the last day of the derby. Solo players in the CL wait until they can be finished with all of their tasks in minutes.

Many of these players probably had production tasks ‘stacked’ and only needed to pick them up. Mining tasks are very fast as well. If they have hoodmates, doing help tasks can be quick. My hoodmates try to save things that need watering.

Each type of task can appear on the board 4 times. If those players had 3-4 production tasks, 3-4 mining tasks, a train task, and a couple of help tasks, finishing 10 tasks in 2 to 3 minutes is quite possible and often necessary.

Those additional teams that you saw after finishing your train task could have started at the same time as you did, and just not show immediately. I have seen the same thing happen in other derbys.

Some of the special derbys make it more difficult, and nearly impossible to use any strategy, for a solo player.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by VickyD View Post
    I play solo in the derby. I delayed my derby until Wednesday so as to prepare my board with easy/fast tasks.
    When you delay to start on Wednesday, you are going to be matched with others doing the same thing. As you discovered this does not really show up til championship league.

If you do same thing next week, exact same thing will probably happen.

I would suggest delaying a few hours, but not a whole day unless you are ready to compete at a very fast level.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VickyD View Post
    I play solo in the derby. I recently got promoted to the championship derby.
    I knew it would be a fast and frantic race to the finish but had no idea just how fast and frantic it would be!
    I delayed my derby until Wednesday so as to prepare my board with easy/fast tasks. I then started the derby and was matched with 4 teams. I completed a train task within 2 minutes and went back to find I was now matched with 14 other teams, 3 of which now had 1600 points (5 tasks) They were at full 10 tasks/maximum points within 30 minutes!
    Is this typical of the championship solo derby? How is it even possible to do 5 tasks in less than 2 minutes?
    it seemed especially manic this week!

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    When you delay to start on Wednesday, you are going to be matched with others doing the same thing. As you discovered this does not really show up til championship league.

If you do same thing next week, exact same thing will probably happen.

I would suggest delaying a few hours, but not a whole day unless you are ready to compete at a very fast level.

Good luck!
    i disagree. I usually delay until the weekend if I start mid week, it’s nuts by comparison
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)