Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst Update Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    I’m not sure that the faults with the new tool are a result of ‘lack of testing’ so much as ‘poor design’. What I mean is that the problems with the tool are not limited to its functions (the new label system) not working as intended, but they go deeper. The label system doesn’t give clans the ability to search for (and invite) players with the characteristics they actually want.

Under the old global chat system, you would meet a player on-line, talk to them a bit, and crucially LOOK AT THEIR STATS. From this you would gather their th level, how rushed or not they were, whether they were a strong donator, how well they did in war, WHAT LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTOOD, etc etc. All useful data to help you decide if they were a good fit for your clan.

the new system doesn’t offer ANY of this data to you. Even if it worked perfectly as designed, with your search only listing players whose labels matched exactly the filters you had set, and even if that search was instant, you really don’t get the crucial data you need without looking at every individual on the list. And of course those labels are self chosen and may not be entirely accurate anyway.

i feel the system needs a complete re-think, to enable clans to search for members based on real data, not possibly misleading labels, and to much more effectively subset and order the list of players found by the data items that actually matter. If it were then possible to exchange a message or two with players on the list before accepting them or not so much the better.
    very well said

Quote Originally Posted by ghost7546 View Post
    It sure would ease the backlash if Darien himself were to admit the game moved backwards with this new update. Seems like forum veterans are all defending SC and those who didn't use the forums ( most likely because they were playing coc) are coming in to voice their displeasure.
    While I partially agree about the forum veterans point (as not forum veterans are like that as PaluEF pointed out), I don't think Darian will come out and say anything about game moved backwards with this new update. And even if he did, it won't ease any backlash at all, more complainers will even come out to reply to Darian.

I have indifferent feeling towards this update as I am not in the recruitment department in my clan, to me this is just another Halloween event rather than an update.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Once again I have to say this isn't the worst update because Supercell had their reasons to remove global chat and it was for the good of the game but I like the majority are not happy about the new tool not working. I like the concept of the new recruitment tool but as of now they've not gotten it to work properly and as soon as they fix it the game will be back to normal and all this hate will suddenly disappear. Getting Darian to admit to it won't mean anything as that would only make people to get more angry and instead of talking about that we should all just wait for the Christmas update and hope it fixes the main issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    While I partially agree about the forum veterans point (as not forum veterans are like that as PaluEF pointed out), I don't think Darian will come out and say anything about game moved backwards with this new update. And even if he did, it won't ease any backlash at all, more complainers will even come out to reply to Darian.

I have indifferent feeling towards this update as I am not in the recruitment department in my clan, to me this is just another Halloween event rather than an update.
    I only say Darian himself needs to speak up as he is the head of the ship. I run a successful company and if my employees are in majority agreement that something was a bad idea then it is my duty as a leader to accept my faults and admit the problems it caused. As far as bringing back global chat I know it just won't happen. But let's look at the data. Over 1700 replies to how bad this update is while far fewer on any thread with a positive position on it. My clan feel much the same as I do. Although we did not live on global we did utilize it for far more than recruiting. It kept us logged in while troops were training, offered a place in game to make new connections and talk strategies. Could even pull war troops for your cc if you were logged in at an off hour to do a war atk. The benefit of sunsetting global only sits in the hands of supercell. They no longer have to spend the resources on policing global and no longer have to worry about any possible political concerns. The conspiracy theories seem plausible with few dots to connect but I'm not one to buy into any conspiracy theory at the gate. The game lost a major component (global social interaction) not just recruiting.

I only say Darian himself needs to speak up as he is the head of the ship. I run a successful company and if my employees are in majority agreement that something was a bad idea then it is my duty as a leader to accept my faults and admit the problems it caused. As far as bringing back global chat I know it just won't happen. But let's look at the data. Over 1700 replies to how bad this update is while far fewer on any thread with a positive position on it. My clan feel much the same as I do. Although we did not live on global we did utilize it for far more than recruiting. It kept us logged in while troops were training, offered a place in game to make new connections and talk strategies. Could even pull war troops for your cc if you were logged in at an off hour to do a war atk. The benefit of sunsetting global only sits in the hands of supercell. They no longer have to spend the resources on policing global and no longer have to worry about any possible political concerns. The conspiracy theories seem plausible with few dots to connect but I'm not one to buy into any conspiracy theory at the gate. The game lost a major component (global social interaction) not just recruiting.
    Like you said Supercell won't need to spend money on policing global chat and that is right but if they had left global chat then the amount of money would just have to increase because as a day passes the amount of people abusing and spreading toxicity in global chat was increasing significantly and it did have many good factors but the abuse towards people could scar them as well. Darian speaking out would only cause more backlash from the players as they would start to criticize what he says in his response and they would just demand more. But I do get your point about losing the ability to spend time when troops are training but we've got to think of what global chat used to do to people.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Because it isn't the same tiny minority, it is constantly changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers View Post
    Like you said Supercell won't need to spend money on policing global chat and that is right but if they had left global chat then the amount of money would just have to increase because as a day passes the amount of people abusing and spreading toxicity in global chat was increasing significantly and it did have many good factors but the abuse towards people could scar them as well. Darian speaking out would only cause more backlash from the players as they would start to criticize what he says in his response and they would just demand more. But I do get your point about losing the ability to spend time when troops are training but we've got to think of what global chat used to do to people.
    Itís not a case of speaking out to give an opinion that can be argued against.

Itís speaking out to acknowledge the obvious problems with the recruitment system. Itís not a case people just donít like it.

Itís does not work, itís broken, useless and supercell continuing to not acknowledge the issues is just causing more anger.

The release notes/blog should be updated either explaining how they think the current system is working or some sort of explanation on what they are doing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    Itís not a case of speaking out to give an opinion that can be argued against.

Itís speaking out to acknowledge the obvious problems with the recruitment system. Itís not a case people just donít like it.

Itís does not work, itís broken, useless and supercell continuing to not acknowledge the issues is just causing more anger.

The release notes/blog should be updated either explaining how they think the current system is working or some sort of explanation on what they are doing about it.
    I agree and understand both points of view. Complaints are expected but this is a bigger outrage than any previous change to the game. It seems time for a new dev video explaining just where they want this platform to go. I have made friends across the globe and visited quite a few in person from it. The fact that keyboard karate skills are fully utilized and people left unaccountable for their actions will almost always show their worst, most racist, and vile sides. The mute button was a remedy for that. Can't say it's only from policing global terrorists. sC gave us the tool to ignore ignorance and now they give a somewhat logical and viable excuse for the removal of global chat but failed to recognize the outside importance of it at the same time. All I'm saying is if love to see a press release of Darian himself addressing our concerns. Recruiting sucks now plain and simple, but the hours spent on the game will drastically reduce. Many upper level clans have lowered their hours of gameplay already with the addition of LL and having a set number of atks per day. Now having no outlet to chat while the clan is quiet will only further this decline in activity I fear.

Amen to that brother

I agree and understand both points of view. Complaints are expected but this is a bigger outrage than any previous change to the game. It seems time for a new dev video explaining just where they want this platform to go. I have made friends across the globe and visited quite a few in person from it. The fact that keyboard karate skills are fully utilized and people left unaccountable for their actions will almost always show their worst, most racist, and vile sides. The mute button was a remedy for that. Can't say it's only from policing global terrorists. sC gave us the tool to ignore ignorance and now they give a somewhat logical and viable excuse for the removal of global chat but failed to recognize the outside importance of it at the same time. All I'm saying is if love to see a press release of Darian himself addressing our concerns. Recruiting sucks now plain and simple, but the hours spent on the game will drastically reduce. Many upper level clans have lowered their hours of gameplay already with the addition of LL and having a set number of atks per day. Now having no outlet to chat while the clan is quiet will only further this decline in activity I fear.
    A Dev video will be out before the next update which is in about one and a half months and instead of Darian saying that it is bad it would be better if they just fix it quietly, that way the players would just forget about this when it's done but otherwise they'll be fuming over it for a long time.

A Dev video will be out before the next update which is in about one and a half months and instead of Darian saying that it is bad it would be better if they just fix it quietly, that way the players would just forget about this when it's done but otherwise they'll be fuming over it for a long time.
    Just imagine how fast SC stock can sink in just 30-45 days...... This is a problem to be addressed immediately imo. And not to be addressed by Ajax or any other forum moderator.... Remember global users were the 1% so that makes the forum police The .00001%. a response like a gif of a child rolling their eyes from the creator of the game to someone concerned that this game changer was too big to overcome.... None of us would be here complaining if it weren't a big deal to us and we didn't care if the game continues or not.