Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst Update Ever!

Maybe it's just me, but when restricting what people can discuss leads to this level of animosity, something is wrong. Therapy tells us to talk it out, maybe all topics should be available for discussion until people are done thinking about them. As long as the tone is civil, I don't see the problem. Rules are rules when they improve things, but they rules are relied on to shut down discussion, I question them. It is possible to discuss these issues without becoming heated or toxic. It is also possible to ignore threads or topics, letting them die a natural death. Supercell has given no further guidance on what they are planning, so I don't know that anyone can really say what is going to happen. Companies often go back on what they say, look at the textbook example of Coca Cola eliminating classic Coke until the public outcry forced them to put it back in production. Surely they never planned to do that. Again, keeping it civil, what's the harm in discussion?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #642
    From the Currently Ruled Out Ideas sticky thread in IFR:

"Posting these ideas will result in your thread being removed without notice."

and

"Global Chat/The return of Global Chat for any purpose (e.g. recruitment)"

Main forum rule 19: "You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited."

I would urge members to get this thread back on topic or it will be closed.
    Last edited by Bakunin; November 8th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

Are we allowed to discuss that it’s now been a week since Darian “apologized” for the radio silence and told us they would have new information in “a few days”?
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 19 War Clan
    BurntInitiative - Level 10 Feeder Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirky519 View Post
    Are we allowed to discuss that it’s now been a week since Darian “apologized” for the radio silence and told us they would have new information in “a few days”?
    From Darian's post in this thread 2 days ago:

"With that said, we've also said we admittedly had a poor showing with the recruitment tool. Quite a few learnings were taken from that and we're looking to improve the tool soon."

Hardly radio silence but I am sure when he has any news he will supply it - that is his job after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    From Darian's post in this thread 2 days ago:

"With that said, we've also said we admittedly had a poor showing with the recruitment tool. Quite a few learnings were taken from that and we're looking to improve the tool soon."

Hardly radio silence but I am sure when he has any news he will supply it - that is his job after all.
    There is 0 new information in that post. And calling it’s release a “poor showing” is the biggest understatement of the year.
    In every post he has made regarding this disaster ( which is what, like 5?) he has downplayed it to such an extent that it seems like it’s a minor problem to them and to everyone else. Rather than easily the worst thing they have done to the in years. It’s insulting.
    Youre correct, it’s his job. Which makes the lack of communication even more appalling.
    Again, I will ask what the problem is with having a dev tracker like other companies provide? Keep us apprised of what is happening.
    Last edited by Kirky519; November 8th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 19 War Clan
    BurntInitiative - Level 10 Feeder Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirky519 View Post
    There is 0 new information in that post. And calling it’s release a “poor showing” is the biggest understatement of the year.
    In every post he has made regarding this disaster ( which is what, like 5?) he has downplayed it to such an extent that it seems like it’s a minor problem to them and to everyone else. Rather than easily the worst thing they have done to the in years. It’s insulting.
    Youre correct, it’s his job. Which makes the lack of communication even more appalling.
    Again, I will ask what the problem is with having a dev tracker like other companies provide? Keep us apprised of what is happening.
    What "new information" are you expecting?

Global chat isn't coming back and I would imagine they are working on improvements to the recruitment tool as a priority alongside the much anticipated release of TH13.

I never used global so words like "disaster" and "easily the worst thing they have done to the in years" (sic) are your opinion. Some share it, others don't.

From the Currently Ruled Out Ideas sticky thread in IFR:

"Posting these ideas will result in your thread being removed without notice."

and

"Global Chat/The return of Global Chat for any purpose (e.g. recruitment)"

Main forum rule 19: "You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited."

I would urge members to get this thread back on topic or it will be closed.
    Did you seriously just add the return of global chat to the ruled out sticky thread to make your point. That's pathetic.

This thread is discussing if the removal of global and replace it with a not working recruitment tool is the worst update ever. If you change the rules of the discussion along the way and the removal of global can no longer be discussed you should close this thread.

I do understand the reasons why Global is shut down and I won't ask for it to come back. But it is part of the game for a long time, many people enjoyed it and it has been removed because of a minority who ruined it for the rest. On this forum they can express their disappointment in that decision and wish it can come back in some sort of way. No one should be silenced for having grieve over missing something they enjoyed in the game they love.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Did you seriously just add the return of global chat to the ruled out sticky thread to make your point. That's pathetic.
    Nope, it was added 6 days ago with the agreement of the other moderators and the CM: "Last edited by Bakunin; 6 Days Ago at 10:14 AM."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    This thread is discussing if the removal of global and replace it with a not working recruitment tool is the worst update ever. If you change the rules of the discussion along the way and the removal of global can no longer be discussed you should close this thread.

I do understand the reasons why Global is shut down and I won't ask for it to come back. But it is part of the game for a long time, many people enjoyed it and it has been removed because of a minority who ruined it for the rest. On this forum they can express their disappointment in that decision and wish it can come back in some sort of way. No one should be silenced for having grieve over missing something they enjoyed in the game they love.
    Discussing the removal of global, the reasons for the removal of global and whether the recruitment tool is an adequate replacement is different to repeatedly posting requesting the return of global or introducing hashtags to request the same. The IFR amendment was made to prevent IFR becoming clogged with "Please Return Global" threads in the same way that we don't want it clogged with "Use DE for Wall Upgrades" threads.
    Last edited by Bakunin; November 8th, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

Discussing the removal of global, the reasons for the removal of global and whether the recruitment tool is an adequate replacement is different to repeatedly posting requesting the return of global or introducing hashtags to request the same. The IFR amendment was made to prevent IFR becoming clogged with "Please Return Global" threads in the same that we don't want it clogged with "Use DE for Wall Upgrades" threads.
    Please read the opening post of this thread again. The request to bring global back is what what started this thread. You can't expect people to check on the ruled out ideas sticky in another sub forum if it is still allowed to post in this thread they agree with OP.

Thank you for explaining why it is added as a ruled out idea, seems reasonable, but I would suggest not to act on it until the issues of the update are adequately addressed.

you look like a very educated person with a lot of talent to moderate a forum.Madre mia supercell is degenerating if as a visible head they have such rude people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Complete rubbish.

This entire thread is talking about it, as are several others.