Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst Update Ever!

Talk to texting...If supercell could set up a global forum, a private clan chat forum, a clan mail forum, etc...then why can't they set up a midway forum to aid recruiting? An option that allows an account to send a message to a clan, and then if a co lead wishes to respond, can chat about clan entrance?

Also, would it hurt to give us more options on the player description icons? Granted 3 is not enough.

A icon expressing: I am fine with no cussing or foul language

An icon expressing: I want a clan that allows any talk, any blue collar humor.

To some accounts...having their clan chat temporarily and suddenly go full adult cussing...is not "fun for all ages".

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Global had to go. Watch Galadon's 2-part interview with Darian on youtube where it is fully explained how Supercell needed a full time staff to police threatening messages and coordinate with law enforcement agencies in every single country to investigate those threats. That's an absolute monster of a task and a complete waste of not only Supercell's resources, but the resources of governments around the world.

There are a lot of idiots out there, and they are the reason why we can't have nice things. That's life in the real world - our rights, liberties, and freedoms are restricted and infringed by laws created because of stupid people. Get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Why? SC created a place where gamers of all acceptable ages could go and chat, recruit and share ideas safely. Took a very short period of time before the trolls, predators, scammers and haters moved in. it made it horrid to try and chat, most of the ideas shared had nothing to do with the game itself and recruiting was like wading through a cesspool to find one decent candidate. The common answer to any complaint was toughen up, dont go there, use the mute button. Kind of hard to recruit or do anything else there when the sign on the gate said “Beware all those who enter here”.

Funny enough, there are many who believe that it is somehow SC’s fault that it became a nasty place or that decent folks shouldnt enter in the first place because they are “weak”. I am not hearing a whole lot of blame being placed on those who made it a scary place to enter.

JohnnyPC has the right of it. So Which part of this nasty place do you want back exactly?
    A couple of sane comments in the same thread; quite the rarity today.

I've noticed (from what I've looked at so far today) that the more extreme rants are from fresh spawns & rare posters. Few, if any, seem to have troubled these to establish why Global was closed before launching in to their diatribes.

Who'd be a mod, eh? My thoughts are with them over this update.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Kaledonian;12366264]A couple of sane comments in the same thread; quite the rarity today.

I've noticed (from what I've looked at so far today) that the more extreme rants are from fresh spawns & rare posters. Few, if any, seem to have troubled these to establish why Global was closed before launching in to their diatribes.
    /QUOTE]

I haven’t posted since 2014 when I gave up on a then overly moderated forum.
    I have returned today to share my opinions and frustrations with the direction this diabolical update is taking the game in.
    I have read clearly why supercell claim global has gone. In simple terms, it was to benefit supercell, and not the player. No player was calling for it, supercell did it to make it simpler and cut their own costs. THAT is the reason for the frustration and the reason many like me have returned to the forum.

Both the recruiting tool and the changes to the player profiles are poorly designed and with only supercell in mind, not us... the players.

Banned
    Well welcome back
    I agree
    Update is

I will search out the interview johnny referred to. I have learned... ranting is one thing. Making a positive game change suggestion(s) and how to maybe go about it...is even better.

Forum Elder
    There are two separate issues here

SC removing global has a variety of reasons and yes, one of them is to mitigate SC liability and costs because there is a segment of the player base who cannot control themselves or who choose to prey on others. There have been many who have complained about global, this is not a new issue, it has been going on for years.

The other issue is about the new recruiting tool. Is it all it could be or should be on day 1? No. It will change over time and I am sure it will get better. It may not be all things to all people but it will improve. Let’s focus our efforts on making the new recruiting tool as good as it can be. Whining about how bad it is does nothing. Offering suggestions on how it can be improved will move us and SC forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Those are all private messaging services. Not the same thing as a global chat.
    You make it sound like COC is the only game with a global chat.
    Set up a digital signature that COC is not liable for anything said on global. Allow for unlimited mutes and let the mature players have a conversation.

Playing for 7 years-No that's not a typo!
    Just shoot me now

Banned
    They haven’t once tried to improve global chat. The filter is the same as it was on day 1. They ignore that part of the game then remove it because it’s too much hassle... for THEM.
    There are a host of other quality improvements they could have invested in before burying it for good. They tried none of them.

Just hoping the next big update wouldn't let us down

Level 243Maxed TH12

Learn how to move on
    Last edited by Bakunin; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.1