Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 657

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst Update Ever!

  1. #11
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudders View Post
    Calm down? So a service we pay to play for and you say calm down. Many players want global and for 7yrs it stayed and for 6yrs i have been visiting it nearly every day. Calm down you say well jog on buddy cause you cant just remove a feature like that. It was so easy before, now i have to jump into forums just to chat to random clash players. It isnt the same tho because its much easier to do while in the game. So i dont think we will calm down. If your gonna rwmove something and replace it, make sure it works first ay. Wont be spending another cent till something good comes out of this. The more of us that refuse to pay the quicker we will get what we want back.
    What is it you pay for? Because you didn't pay for global. There are zillions of other ways to talk to complete strangers daily not sure why CoC was your preferred channel. If your life revolved around global chat i'm not sure Clash was the right game for you.

  2. #12
    Premise:
    -I have a proper TH12 nearing fully maxed status.
    - I do not cusss or use foul language.
    - I am not one who needs muted.
    - I am thick skinned...lol
    - I am an adult, and know how to use "mute".
    - I accept that "mute" was needed now and then so it is what it is...and I was thankful for it.


    HOWEVER, with global gone:

    Can't see if a recruit speaks my language.
    Can't see if a recruit is friendly or ?
    Can't ask if a recruit is a child or adult. (Some clan chat in clans is NOT for younger ears and clans have that right to choose...in their clan)
    Can't see when to maybe expect someone to request to join...and be logged in. (After they finish a war, etc.)
    Can't purposefully avoid certain accounts based on their chat posts (Reality check...anyone who recruits knows that certain accounts are a greater waste of time to try to vett, less likely to listen once in clan, be problems, etc).
    Can't converse to foressee mannersims or possible issues with a potential recruit.

    Supercell has severely handicapped us and forced us to spend much more time vetting anyone. (And deal with more non preferred issues once in a clan)

    Supercell has now made it no choice but to allow accounts in, and hope they don't start a cuss filled tirade. This is supposed to be a "family friendly game"...yet supercell just forced "family friendly language" clans, religious beliefed clans, "clean" chat clans to either take chances and hope a new member does not do that to younger eyes...or never accept anyone again. Will supercell please explain to me how that is "family friendly"?

    Going on global was a choice. Supercell FORCING us to allow potential "nasty globalers" into our clans where minors are...is just the opposite of a "family friendly game".

    I have limited time and abilities each day to pass downtime with this game...and supercell just made it severely harder to be efficient with these things...and avoid clan liabilities and once avoidable "issues".

    If supercell does not want the cost of moderating and censoring global servers...then set up a system to AGE VERIFY for a non censored, non moderated, global. We are adults...so please treat us like them.

    Gold pass purchasers are likely more adults than minors...so imo...

    Should we BOYCOTT gold pass until adult verified global is brought back? Supercell runs this for profit...so maybe? let money be the communicator...the LACK of it.

    I could list many more reasons why "no global" hinders positive things now...but will let others do so. All I know is that without serious changes, I will cease this game...and then clan members will likely disperse...to less active clans...then maybe also quit.

    Feel free to add your opinion about "no more global" and what you think of it.

    Would you want an age verified non censored global option again?

  3. #13
    Forum Elder JohnnyPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the Meridian of Misery
    Posts
    2,617
    Global had to go. Watch Galadon's 2-part interview with Darian on youtube where it is fully explained how Supercell needed a full time staff to police threatening messages and coordinate with law enforcement agencies in every single country to investigate those threats. That's an absolute monster of a task and a complete waste of not only Supercell's resources, but the resources of governments around the world.

    There are a lot of idiots out there, and they are the reason why we can't have nice things. That's life in the real world - our rights, liberties, and freedoms are restricted and infringed by laws created because of stupid people. Get used to it.

  4. #14
    Put your username to start a petition to bring back global
    Lilmoneygrips1223

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudders View Post
    Calm down? So a service we pay to play for and you say calm down. Many players want global and for 7yrs it stayed and for 6yrs i have been visiting it nearly every day. Calm down you say well jog on buddy cause you cant just remove a feature like that. It was so easy before, now i have to jump into forums just to chat to random clash players. It isnt the same tho because its much easier to do while in the game. So i dont think we will calm down. If your gonna rwmove something and replace it, make sure it works first ay. Wont be spending another cent till something good comes out of this. The more of us that refuse to pay the quicker we will get what we want back.
    I also pay for gold pass monthly but that does not mean we own the whole game as we pay for in game products. What I meant to say is actually clash devs will definitely improve the tools they made it is just gonna take sometime..
    What we need to do is actually reporting bugs we face and also requesting improvments...

  6. #16
    I am a long time player of clash of clans, i lead a small clan and me and my clan mates have spent ~$1500 -2k USD or so over the last 3-4 years on the game. I have loved this game for a long time, but i now find myself discouraged with the way the game plays. Since the last cwl i havenít done a war (i have constantly been in wars since i started playing). When the update hit yesterday i thought i might try to build my clan back up and get reinvigorated with the new recruiting tool. Well i have sent hundreds of invites out and have not had one new clan mate. The great part about global chat was talking to people live who might fit your clan. Now you have to just spam invites. Recruiting and leading a team this way is no fun. I have no interest in joining a new clan because that would mean leaving the one i have spent so long building. I will likely go from an active player to an infrequent player, logging on once a week or so just to protect my leadership in my clan. My advice to supercell: social interaction was key to motivating me to spend, this is gone now. Clan wars were also key to getting me to spend, there has been no focus on content/stats/tournament style play to regular wars which is a huge miss. Clan level and perks: this was awesome when it came out 4ish years ago, my goal was to hit clan level 10 and now Iím at 17, A rework of this clan level framework would be smart. losing long time consistently spending players is what is now happening to the game. The focus of this company is flawed to ensure long term success. For being a strategy game Iím surprised at the lack of business strategy this leadership team has.

  7. #17
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmoneygrips1223 View Post
    Put your username to start a petition to bring back global
    Lilmoneygrips1223
    Why? SC created a place where gamers of all acceptable ages could go and chat, recruit and share ideas safely. Took a very short period of time before the trolls, predators, scammers and haters moved in. it made it horrid to try and chat, most of the ideas shared had nothing to do with the game itself and recruiting was like wading through a cesspool to find one decent candidate. The common answer to any complaint was toughen up, dont go there, use the mute button. Kind of hard to recruit or do anything else there when the sign on the gate said ďBeware all those who enter hereĒ.

    Funny enough, there are many who believe that it is somehow SCís fault that it became a nasty place or that decent folks shouldnt enter in the first place because they are ďweakĒ. I am not hearing a whole lot of blame being placed on those who made it a scary place to enter.

    JohnnyPC has the right of it. So Which part of this nasty place do you want back exactly?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    105
    I have to agree that this is by far and away the worst update this game has received, and Iíve been playing since the very start. Iíve seen the evolution, but this one is a catastrophe.
    I donít agree with removing global in principal, but even more so now i see the intended replacement.
    There is no comparison to global for recruiting. You have very little information to go on before inviting, and desperately low filter options; not even language!
    Supercell have never even tried to improve global. The censor is the same one as when the game was launched. They have tried nothing to improve it, then just remove it. The reason for removal was entirely to supercells benefit, and not with us, the players in mind.
    That is a fundamental mistake.

    The second hideous part of this update is the player profiles. Why would you replace useful information with a massive, useless picture of a hero skin? Who is that benefiting exactly? Like youíre going to decide to invite someone off the back of their hero skin??
    The other information on a profile is actually useful and relevant. The only logic I can think is (again) that Supercell are merely wanting to advertise the skins to get more monthly charges.

    So far the two major obvious areas of change are both designed with only supercell in mind, and not the actual players.
    That fundamental point is why this update is a fundamental failure.

  9. #19

    Homeland security and law enforcement? I don't buy it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    The new system is a disaster. Really the one big mistake was defaulting people in clans to receive recruitment requests. Had they defaulted people in clans to Red and people not in clans to Green. The system probably would have run more as planned. If they pulled it and rebooted it like that, I think much of this will improve. Global chat had issues way deeper than just Trolls and Bullies. It has to do with Homeland Security and Law Enforcement. I get that and so we need to let that idea go and find positive ways to help them improve this system ASAP
    How about the other 50,000 methods of international communication that haven't been shut down? Kik, snap, messenger, email, Facebook, etc would all be shut down if there were Homeland security implications. That's not a viable reason to shut down what was essentially limited, anonymous chat in a game.

  10. #20
    Forum Elder JohnnyPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the Meridian of Misery
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinningdog1971 View Post
    How about the other 50,000 methods of international communication that haven't been shut down? Kik, snap, messenger, email, Facebook, etc would all be shut down if there were Homeland security implications. That's not a viable reason to shut down what was essentially limited, anonymous chat in a game.
    Those are all private messaging services. Not the same thing as a global chat.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:19 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •