Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Worst Update Ever!

The recruiting tool is totaly usless. I sent out over 100 invitations not one single hit.
    The filter does not work effectively. BRING BACK GLOBAL UNTIL YOU FIX THIS OR REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING THAT WORKS! Our clans will die and your revenue will disappear Super Cell. This update is not good for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveLynn View Post
    It’s pretty pathetic that a lvl 21 war clan hasn’t seen one single player join. Sending out hundreds of invite requests to random players, who you have never talked to, or interacted with, ain’t working. Always knew it wouldn’t. Many of their inboxes are full. Can’t talk to anyone, so who knows what kinda player you are getting. Their stats don’t mean much.
    I’ve had great players with what looks like horrid stats go on to be the best players. This is getting ridiculous and boring as hell. I have used other sites to recruit but forcing the whole community to leave supercell platform and go elsewhere to recruit is a pain. Not seeing any better results out there either.
    In that case, why blame the tool?
    If you arent getting recruits from anywhere you tried, that means every system is broken?

There are major issues.. The system has bogged down.. They need to fix it.
    Over to SC I guess..

As for the other ramblings.. Why do SC need to release a statement?.. Everyone knows it aint working.
    Would a statement calm everything?.. I think not.
    More likely that a further torrent of abuse would be sent the way of the person that made the statement..

It is what it is.. Everyone has a choice.. Stay or leave.
    Nothing will ever make people flood to any clan other than the top ones.. Even with a perfectly working tool, it isnt going to fill up everybody's clan.. There are simply too many.. The numbers need to shrink before any real benefits will be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

As for the other ramblings.. Why do SC need to release a statement?.. Everyone knows it aint working.
    Would a statement calm everything?.. I think not.
    More likely that a further torrent of abuse would be sent the way of the person that made the statement..

It is what it is.. Everyone has a choice.. Stay or leave.
    Nothing will ever make people flood to any clan other than the top ones.. Even with a perfectly working tool, it isnt going to fill up everybody's clan.. There are simply too many.. The numbers need to shrink before any real benefits will be seen.
    It sure would ease the backlash if Darien himself were to admit the game moved backwards with this new update. Seems like forum veterans are all defending SC and those who didn't use the forums ( most likely because they were playing coc) are coming in to voice their displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost7546 View Post
    It sure would ease the backlash if Darien himself were to admit the game moved backwards with this new update. Seems like forum veterans are all defending SC and those who didn't use the forums ( most likely because they were playing coc) are coming in to voice their displeasure.
    Veterans arenít all following suit.
    But, I fear that Darian wonít say much more.
    21 June 2016 was a bad day indeed.

Centennial Club
    I do like having six quick train armies.

Removing global chat was a grave error for Supercell. After all of these years whenever I would try a different game one of the first things I checked was if they had a chat comparable to Clash, none of them ever did. The game feels isolated now without global chat, it is less fun and enjoyable. What a huge error. Supercell was on such a good course the last several updates, this was a huge step backwards.

Geez. Maybe those of us who were playing coc and not clash of chat dont care about global. No argument that the recruiting tool is lacking. Like lacking ability to recruit. But I can be active on the forum while playing. I'd just rather be active here than in the now defunct global.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Geez. Maybe those of us who were playing coc and not clash of chat dont care about global. No argument that the recruiting tool is lacking. Like lacking ability to recruit. But I can be active on the forum while playing. I'd just rather be active here than in the now defunct global.
    It's a preference. I personally find the forums less inviting than global. Not saying that I don't understand the reasoning given to sunset global but I am saying the replacement of global is a bust. There was so much more to global than recruiting. Now I do feel very isolated in game as jtb posted. And Paulie I thank you for not being such a bully like Ajax is. We need open discussions to fix the issue. Global was always a choice. I wished for years they had a way to keep language or regions separate and not accessable to those outside of the area. But in the USA this game has been on the decline. With no advancements in clan level achievements, far delayed tournament style gameplay, and balancing favoring more 3*s than skill to get them. This may be the end for me, hopefully this new hero and th level will ignite a little bit of interest again.

I don’t like the recruitment tool either, but it can be improved... putting more filters there for us to choose is not hard to implement at all. Won’t miss global chat... there are better places to make friends imo
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Millennial Club
    I’m not sure that the faults with the new tool are a result of ‘lack of testing’ so much as ‘poor design’. What I mean is that the problems with the tool are not limited to its functions (the new label system) not working as intended, but they go deeper. The label system doesn’t give clans the ability to search for (and invite) players with the characteristics they actually want.

Under the old global chat system, you would meet a player on-line, talk to them a bit, and crucially LOOK AT THEIR STATS. From this you would gather their th level, how rushed or not they were, whether they were a strong donator, how well they did in war, WHAT LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTOOD, etc etc. All useful data to help you decide if they were a good fit for your clan.

the new system doesn’t offer ANY of this data to you. Even if it worked perfectly as designed, with your search only listing players whose labels matched exactly the filters you had set, and even if that search was instant, you really don’t get the crucial data you need without looking at every individual on the list. And of course those labels are self chosen and may not be entirely accurate anyway.

i feel the system needs a complete re-think, to enable clans to search for members based on real data, not possibly misleading labels, and to much more effectively subset and order the list of players found by the data items that actually matter. If it were then possible to exchange a message or two with players on the list before accepting them or not so much the better.