Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Accidently removed old Obstacle 😥

So you're grown man with a son, and you've come to the forums to say you're sad for an accidental removal of an obstacle. JESUS. Get a grip man.

Quote Originally Posted by DMakaTheHaands View Post
    I am so sorry that I gave my device to my son to play with.
    Bye. Clash On!
    Wow mate.. Tut Tut.. But I guess you are used to it now.. Have been around for a while looking at your post count..

I doubt SC would have the means to help you, since it is seasonal, and they likely dont keep spares on the shelf..
    But no harm in asking.. You never know.. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    No!

You don NOT give anybody your wallet to play around with and you do NOT give anybody your phone to play around with.

Get your child a child a device that they can use as they see fit (add parental control if you must)

The Terms of Service for Clash of Clans is the least of my own concerns .. I got my creditcards, mfa authenticators, payment and banking apps on my phone. Ain't nobody but me touching that device.

/Affront
    Clearly you don't have kids.

Playing for 7 years-No that's not a typo!
    Just shoot me now

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Well .. I only have one kid, so there is that.

I do think about my phone as I think about my wallet .. I'm not going to hand over my wallet for my 12 year old son to play with, just because he needs constant entertainment.

My devices are for my use only. It's not a question of following the ToS of a game that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but rather a question about keeping my data and my devices safe.

I also see parents handing over their phone to children of all ages and even though it may be a good idea at the time, I've always chosen to take a different approach. An old iPhone with a data-sim-card works fine as a media center and the ability to say "NO, this one is mine" will serve you better in the long run.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Legend
    Bye. Clash On!
    You are not alone in handing over your device to your offspring to play with.

I argue that the practice is flawed and should be avoided.

I've stated reasons for this point of view.

.. and I do have a 12 year old son myself (he has his own devices)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    @OP
    I truly am sorry to read about the lost obstacle yes even despite what I said below. I also value my obstacles and yes while that maybe silly in the eyes of some around here I sure can imagine its a sad affair.

Unfortunately theres no way to get it back currently and I dont know if there ever will.
    Im still missing the first Christmas tree for example and would love to be able to get it but I cut it down sadly. The weird part is not being able to get them again also kinda what makes these so special.

It would be nice if an extra step or so was needed to remove them. But alas thats not the case at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Well, Affront does have a point whether you like it or not. These days a phone holds so much more stuff you dont want your kids to mess with and much of that stuff is probably way more valuable then a clash of clans account. Your online banking and credit card apps, private and often work email a few authenticators for important stuff and what else not.
    What if your kid accidentally sends your boss an email which gets you fired ? Or transfers a lot of your funds by mistake with a few clicks ? Do you think the phone is a toy now ?

The problem is nowadays you often see adults give kids a phone in a public setting like a restaurant to shut them up and they learn that the phone is their personal entertainment center. (It is not).

And Im sorry but in this case I do think that the statement you give your kids what they want like the OP posted earlier in this thread and others did in other threads is a bit short sighted. If your toddler wants to play with fire with the risk he burns the house down do you let him ? If your 10 year old wants to drive your car do you hand him the keys and say have fun son ? If your kid wants to play with a gun or sword do you let them ? Yes these examples may be a bit extreme but some things just arent toys. A modern smartphone is one of them. Get them another form of entertainment on their own device.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKUS View Post
    So you're grown man with a son, and you've come to the forums to say you're sad for an accidental removal of an obstacle. JESUS. Get a grip man.
    Now, theres no need to be so mean about it. I have quite an obstacle collection and I wouldnt like losing a last one of a particular obstacle either.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Centennial Club
    Sorry to hear this, know the feeling . Clash is like hands off to the young ones

im still grieving the removal of the Halloween Tombstone....

I feel your pain. When I started in 2013 or 2014 (whatever) I used to remove everything for the gems and I also quit for somewhat lengthy periods of time so I deleted and/or missed out on a ton of decorations. having the 2nd anniversary and old school xmas trees wouldve been sick.
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR

Bye. Clash On!
    This is probably the most polite "Go get lost" in forum history.
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR