Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Recruitment Tool

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragynfist View Post
    All clans have to recruit. I can't believe you are too dense to realize that. Why do you continue to defend a bad product? Global was the main source of recruiting for most clans in the game which got taken away and replaced with this "thing" that doesn't work. Rosters, no matter how good of a clan will eventually die out without any way to replace. Just stop...
    This is where the argument falls apart. In the grand scheme of things, only an extraordinarily small percentage of players ever used global. Not all of them used it to recruit. Global has never been the main recruitment source for most clans as you state. Iíd imagine you just made that up either based on your own clan or just to further your argument. Either way itís wrong. Oh, for the record, I donít like the new tool either. It needs a good bit of work to be effective for sure. (Not wanting to be called dense or anything)
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 4 Days Ago at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    There have been many valid suggestions. My suggestion has been to make it more along the lines of how we shop online (at least in the USA anyway). I'd like to be able to set filters that totally narrow down the results. Perhaps I want a certain location (not language, that is pretty much ruled out), a hall between 9-10, war stars of under 100, clan game points over some number, donations over some level, etc. then I click search and I get only those who fall within those parameters (and no one that cannot be invited due to a full inbox). If I don't get anyone, then I know I must expand my search.

I would further suggest you cannot choose a location filter that doesn't match your own location. You could just leave that option open so you will get suggestions from another country other than your own, but you can't narrow it down to any one country other than your own.

It might be good to have a similar restriction on halls. You cannot narrow your search down to only show you hall levels higher than your own. A th7 cannot fill the inboxes of th13s.

Etc.

Now, whether it is easier to modify the current tool or start all over, I don't know. That is a coding question. I just know this type of tool is very common. I use it all the time shopping online. I used similar tools yesterday looking for at truck for myself, a softball bat for my daughter, etc. on multiple different websites. It wouldn't be without problems, but it would be far superior to what we currently have.

Did I mention stop showing me players who have full inboxes so I can't invite them anyway?

Edit: SC, did I mention I'd like you to please make a quick change to stop showing me players with full inboxes that I cannot invite anyway.

Edit: Oh, one more thing, please stop showing me players with full inboxes.
    Why is language ruled out ? I mean being able to communicate with players is an absolute must .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    This is where the argument falls apart. In the grand scheme of things, only an extraordinarily small percentage of players ever used global. Not all of them used it to recruit. Global has never been the main recruitment source for most clans as you state. Iíd imagine you just made that up either based on your own clan or just to further your argument. Either way itís wrong. Oh, for the record, I donít like the new tool either. It needs a good bit of work to be effective for sure. (Not wanting to be called dense or anything)
    Some of you like to argue for the sake of it apparently. Everyone agrees the tool needs to be fixed regardless of your reason or the level of priority you think it stands at so leave it at that.
    Last edited by Dragynfist; 3 Days Ago at 09:07 PM.

Centennial Club
    funny thing is that everybody thinks its a realltime search.. and its not.

Fresh Spawn

Recruitment tool is basically useless

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    Truth. No clue as to what global recruiters need/want.
    Even if you do see an account that matches/suits you can't send invites as all I see is that players inbox is full. I've not managed to successfully find and recruit one single player since the new recruitment tool came in. It doesn't work and I'm getting fed up of the game now and I've been playing since the start. Bring back global !