Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Recruitment Tool

It's ok , it's not just you it's not working for anyone . It's been a massive fail for months .

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBrianBoru View Post
    It's ok , it's not just you it's not working for anyone . It's been a massive fail for months .
    the said thing is, nobody cares at supercell. we get a lot of new influx now, just because off our warstreak.. before that we struggled. supercell did not care then either
    Last edited by Fanaticclasher; January 2nd, 2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticclasher View Post
    the said thing is, nobody cares at supercell. we get a lot of new influx now, just because off our warstreak.. before that we struggled. supercell did not care then either
    You have no way to know this and it almost definitely is wrong.

The tool is working much better now. It can be improved, but it is way better. I'm inviting th12s and th13s with ease without getting the full inbox response.

I really wish we had more control over location, though.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You have no way to know this and it almost definitely is wrong.

The tool is working much better now. It can be improved, but it is way better. I'm inviting th12s and th13s with ease without getting the full inbox response.

I really wish we had more control over location, though.
    no, no it most certainly is not “better now”. Not for any th level, but definitely not for lower level members just starting the game. Exact same actual results from hour 1 of the release as today.........and every single day between. Still the same list on each account. It seems to refresh daily, but is sometimes the same for said account regardless of which clan when searching. Other times, its the same list among each account in the same clan and changes when searching on that account in an another clan.

Still no control over language selection. Barely ever found anyone spanish speaking and definitely never anyone french until this new “improved” recruiting tool.

Still having a VERY hard to competing with full inboxes. It certain eliminates any sense of selection toward quality of accounts being searched.

Since there is absolutely no way to knowingly engage potential recruits while they are actively online, there is huge huge lag time between initiating recruiting attempts and any result shown, assuming they accept the request in the first place.

Players are expected to enter 3 vague descriptions (which have nothing to do with any aspect any recruiter ever even considers while actually recruiting) based on how they want others to view them or how they think it might impress a recruiter. So it’s an honor system where the cutesy definitions are irrelevant. Recruiters are expected to invite past the limited inboxes. So it’s a buil-in blockage considering the only way to get any invites through so that there is even anyone out there with an invite to accept is to get yours out quicker than the other clans coming to fill the inbox. Players & recruiters are expected to just know every language without any in-game translation support. So recruiting is basically a huge shuffle where you can’t establish any common language when both sides can’t understand each other asking what language to use in the first place. Some of us do try to perpetuate a sense of teamwork, which is impossible without being able to communicate in any fashion. We cant exactly use hand gestures. Text is literally all we have.

I’m certainly no fan of the racism and unnecessary abuse running rampant in global, but I’ve never seen such a problem moderating a chat in any other game since online gaming first started coming into existence. We called them LAN parties lol. Perhaps it would have been more effective to simply reformat chat to allow for fewer chat servers which could be monitored much more easily with a bot and a couple human moderators. The only reason I would advocate some kind of global/regional chat element is strictly for the recruiting. Otherwise, player behavior was far too often simply disgusting. That was still easy to get around by simply refreshing the game for a new global. You only argue in game chats when you want to.

To avoid listing problems without suggesting any solution, here are a few things from an actual player (which will probably not even be seen):
    1. we don’t need the 3 labels. anyone can put anything
    2. filter for th level
    3. filter for clanless members
    4. filter for language or at least region
    5. filter for full inboxes
    6. filter for hero levels
    7. an expanding search list which differs player to player & clan to clan
    8. a more fluent loading process between visiting a specific players base and returning to the list.
    9. an online indicator would be some nice icing on the cake
    10. a visible missed attack ratio counter vs total attacks available
    11. expanded visible player stats in general

as is, this system needs serious overhauling and testing.........still. I don’t know how this isn’t killing overall player activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralKing View Post
    1. we don’t need the 3 labels. anyone can put anything
    2. filter for th level
    3. filter for clanless members
    4. filter for language or at least region
    5. filter for full inboxes
    6. filter for hero levels
    7. an expanding search list which differs player to player & clan to clan
    8. a more fluent loading process between visiting a specific players base and returning to the list.
    9. an online indicator would be some nice icing on the cake
    10. a visible missed attack ratio counter vs total attacks available
    11. expanded visible player stats in general

as is, this system needs serious overhauling and testing.........still. I don’t know how this isn’t killing overall player activity.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralKing View Post
    no, no it most certainly is not “better now”.
    It most certainly is better now. Just an fyi, though, "better" doesn't mean it is great. It simply means better and in this discussion the comment was a comparison to when it first dropped. There is no doubt it is better now than it was then. I still would rather recruit on global, but that wasn't the question.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Fresh Spawn
    Filter for language. The rest is not great but acceptable.
    Please.

It most certainly is better now. Just an fyi, though, "better" doesn't mean it is great. It simply means better and in this discussion the comment was a comparison to when it first dropped. There is no doubt it is better now than it was then. I still would rather recruit on global, but that wasn't the question.
    I'm going to disagree with you there, hoss. It hasn't changed one bit for us in the last 4 months. Every result is either already in a clan or has a full inbox. With the demise of global, our clan is dying now because we can't get new recruits. We have gotten precisely zero since October, and if anything has changed in how it works, I would challenge you to specify what. I even did a test - I turned on "receive invitations" on one of my accounts and left the clan, and I got zero invites in my inbox over a week. That, my friend, is broken.

If you're going to get good recruits, you have to engage with people who are a) online, and b) actively looking for a clan. The tool doesn't allow either of those.
    Last edited by CMLinx; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMLinx View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you there, hoss. It hasn't changed one bit for us in the last 4 months. Every result is either already in a clan or has a full inbox. With the demise of global, our clan is dying now because we can't get new recruits. We have gotten precisely zero since October, and if anything has changed in how it works, I would challenge you to specify what. I even did a test - I turned on "receive invitations" on one of my accounts and left the clan, and I got zero invites in my inbox over a week. That, my friend, is broken.

If you're going to get good recruits, you have to engage with people who are a) online, and b) actively looking for a clan. The tool doesn't allow either of those.
    Disagree all you want, it is better than when it was first released. I never said it was good and didn't say it wasn't broken. I said it is better than when it was first released and it is. Just the simple change of taking hall level into account has improved things on my end. Now when I search I see only th12+. I also see way fewer full in boxes than before (though still would prefer to see none). It has a long way to go and I miss global, but some changes have been made that made it better than when it first was released. If I remember correctly, the 3 settings weren't even working when it first dropped. I don't think there is any reasonable argument to be made that it hasn't improved? Terrible anyway? Sure, you can make that argument.

Centennial Club
    Disagree all you want, it is better than when it was first released. I never said it was good and didn't say it wasn't broken. I said it is better than when it was first released and it is. Just the simple change of taking hall level into account has improved things on my end. Now when I search I see only th12+. I also see way fewer full in boxes than before (though still would prefer to see none). It has a long way to go and I miss global, but some changes have been made that made it better than when it first was released. If I remember correctly, the 3 settings weren't even working when it first dropped. I don't think there is any reasonable argument to be made that it hasn't improved? Terrible anyway? Sure, you can make that argument.
    so lets party then.. better then the absolute worst ever, that most be worth a party😜👍🏼

so its still a piece of junk. but with a 21 warstreak influx is booming dispite supercell, certainly not because of the new 'tool' . merging a dying clan into mine helped to. why it was dying you ask?? you know the answer to that question..

define better then? so last week they wanted to amputate my private part.. now its only the last 6 inches? better then last week?
    or i got 10 ingrown toenails, they fixed one today better?

maybee cut off the toe's will help better? thats the 'loose global' version of better.

but hey everybody is happy. let's partyyyy