Thread: Potential clan wars penalty for unused attacks

Potential clan wars penalty for unused attacks

I'd like to see players penalized for not attacking in clan wars. Perhaps a one war sit-out penalty for each attack not used. Leaders and Co-leaders could have ability to lift penalty, or not. Also, leaders should not be able to put you in war if you are marked "I'm out". If that does not change then the sit-out penalty should not apply to that player as they have already notified the leader that they were out. Additionally, there should be a penalty for players that leave the clan in the middle of a war they are participating in. Maybe a two week, 30 day, or rest of current season sit-out of all clan wars, season events, clan games etc. Or perhaps they could forfeit all current loot and clan castle loot. Again, penalties would not apply to players who were marked out and involuntarily placed in war. Just a thought from a clan leader having issues with players not updating in/out statuses and leaving clan mid war. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Rhoward2632; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:06 PM. Reason: Just removing clan name from bottom, probably shouldn't have put there in the first place

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    This is a clan management issue and is not needed. There are some players who will visit another clan to do the following: get max troops and/or just visit a friend's clan or even a sister clan.

I'll leave you to figure out why this is a bad idea (I know someone else will post a reason for what I left unsaid).

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    This is a clan management issue and is not needed. There are some players who will visit another clan to do the following: get max troops and/or just visit a friend's clan or even a sister clan.

I'll leave you to figure out why this is a bad idea (I know someone else will post a reason for what I left unsaid).
    Yes, can't create penalties for players to automatically get because it will have unforseen consequences.

Some of my attacks I don't use because I don't need loot on them, in war I will leave to get troops often, and some I have opted out by default but are still available for war. Sometimes you will just throw someone in who is opted out in order to get a larger lineup even if you aren't expecting them to attack.

If it were implemented, I'd be getting penalties left and right lol.

Pro Member
    Why can’t the Leader or Co-Leader “Penalise” themselves? Don’t see why it should be left for Supercell to do it on their behalf

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoward2632 View Post
    I'd like to see players penalized for not attacking in clan wars. Perhaps a one war sit-out penalty for each attack not used. Leaders and Co-leaders could have ability to lift penalty, or not. Also, leaders should not be able to put you in war if you are marked "I'm out". If that does not change then the sit-out penalty should not apply to that player as they have already notified the leader that they were out. Additionally, there should be a penalty for players that leave the clan in the middle of a war they are participating in. Maybe a two week, 30 day, or rest of current season sit-out of all clan wars, season events, clan games etc. Or perhaps they could forfeit all current loot and clan castle loot. Again, penalties would not apply to players who were marked out and involuntarily placed in war. Just a thought from a clan leader having issues with players not updating in/out statuses and leaving clan mid war. What do you guys think?

Filthy Framer
    Filthy Cre
    Last edited by PabloB; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:55 PM.

. Also, leaders should not be able to put you in war if you are marked "I'm out".
    This is silly. If I have 19 clan mates ready to war tomorrow, and a young TH9 at the bottom of our roster has opted out of war, I'm going to put that player in to make a 20v20 war.
    Of course, I'll explain in chat, that the TH9 won't be penalised/mocked/kicked for not doing his/her attacks, as they were red.

It's basic Clan Management. If players routinely miss attacks, don't put them in in the first place!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Filthy Framer
    Filthy Cre
    The frustrations of running a casual clan mate.. Been there..
    But, for not attacking in war the 2 choices are.. A lot of coding/rework from SC, or 2 words from you as the leader.. "You're Out".

So far as red tagged bases.. As already said, they are used in the spin solely at the person whom spins the war's discretion.. They cant be expected to attack, so are simply fillers.

Now for hoppers.. The war bailing hoppers are a scourge on the game.. but a common and known one..
    So the best way to avoid the bail out mid war, is to avoid using anyone new in the war roster..
    You cant force anybody to stay, nor can you expect SC to try and force them thru penalties.. The major blame for using a hopper in war lies with whomever set the roster up.. So simply no new accounts in war.

Decision making and clan discipline are a big part of the leaders job.. If SC are required to change the game dynamics because the leader cant manage, then that clan is going to hit trouble.

Anything not covered in the clan signature should be discussed with anyone new, at the earliest opportunity.. That way, they know what is expected of them, and can make an informed decision on whether they wish to remain.. Win/win, both for yourself, and for them.. It will lessen the risks of that bail out.

Filthy Framer
    Filthy Cre
    far too much in game logic wrapped around something that you as a leader can do much easier. As noted above, your request would have down steam affects on people like me who have war only accounts that at times don't need to do all their attacks.

Fair enough. That's why I put it up here. I wanted to see what everyone else thought about it. Btw, the option to lift penalties was in the original post. I can see where that would be an inconvenience to some and a benefit to others.