Thread: Why did my quick train armies get deleted?!?

Fresh Spawn

Why did my quick train armies get deleted?!?

I get it that youíre giving us some additional slots for armies, but you also blew away my existing armies - I donít remember what they were... unacceptable.

The bug occured, as the update went live.
    Didn't happen, while playtesting.

Create new compositions and move on. Nothing can be done to recreate them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBeach View Post
    I get it that youíre giving us some additional slots for armies, but you also blew away my existing armies - I donít remember what they were... unacceptable.
    Seriously??? Come on how complex could be an army composition! Beside how cant you remember what you always use? But most importantly is this the only problem you got with this update? And lastly this content is for ideas and future reqs you gotta go for bugs and problems.

Centennial Club
    I know on top of my head what my three armies consists of so it is not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    I know on top of my head what my three armies consists of so it is not a big deal.
    ^^^^
    And I thought I'm a nerd for knowing them as well.

From a programmer's perspective I would assume that this bug did not happen solely because of the increase from 3 to 6 army compositions.
    Either it's a static table or some customizable limit.
    Changes to one of these would normally not result in any kind of data loss.

I think it happened while preparing for the new feature that was released today:
    Training the troops in the order the composition was created.
    For this some internal data structures would have to be modified and database table content must be migrated to new tables. When code performing these migrations are not executed the data is lost as the old table is deleted at the end without having filled the new tables.

As I said:
    I'm only speculating about the reason.
    Maybe some "Supercell coding slave" could confirm or provide the real root cause.

Apart from this:
    What needs to be cross checked is the quality (preparation, execution) of test cases.
    And the segregation of functionality being ready for deployment from stuff still under construction.

Centennial Club
    And you're saying it takes hours to retrain the troops?

Centennial Club
    I found this as well, I didn’t find it *too* big of a problem though.