Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1091

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2

    key recruitment features needed

    When Dark Matter recruits on Global all we do is call attention to our war/win loss ratio and say we take no rushed bases to war. We find like minded players. The new clan recruitment tools (surprisingly) do not seem to emphasis these well at all. Assumed these would be the main tools. It will be harder for us. Recommended recruiting tool features: Clan Search - win/loss ratio, % rushed. Player Search - war stars, % rushed. Not having these features is a game killer without Global. Having these features would be a huge improvement over Global.
    Last edited by Chewii; October 14th, 2019 at 03:40 PM.

  2. #2
    I imagine it would require a pretty convoluted algorithm to calculate the "rushed" percentage of a given clan, probably unfeasible to be honest. Total war stars and win/lose ratio would be straightforward enough though. I do share your fears about recruitment, but I will see what the new interface looks like before I make a judgement.

  3. #3
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocaylpse View Post
    I imagine it would require a pretty convoluted algorithm to calculate the "rushed" percentage of a given clan, probably unfeasible to be honest. Total war stars and win/lose ratio would be straightforward enough though. I do share your fears about recruitment, but I will see what the new interface looks like before I make a judgement.
    I agree. Algorithms almost as complex as war weight and average engineering can be convoluted... but... wait what's your point?

  4. #4

    Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

    I'd like to create a thread with suggestions for improvement to the search functionality. Already, it's extremely clear that it will not be particularly useful in its current form.

    The main problem that I see is that the search criteria is FAR too limited. No ability to search (or even sort!) by TH level, location, war stars, or anything else. WORSE YET, you can't even search for only players who aren't in a clan! Every one of my recommended players was already in a clan. The only players who will jump ship at an invitation are players I don't want. As the saying goes, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you.

    Suggestions for improvement: Allow at least 5, preferably all, selections of the different tags to be used. Additionally, add player specific criteria such as location, TH level, war stars, etc. Those options should ideally be searchable. However, AT MINIMUM, you should be able to sort by those criteria.

    Alright, that's my piece. What else would people like to see improved and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    4,541
    The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    AKA Tank Puppy

    ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

  6. #6
    Could you expand on that? My recommendations, for a Lvl15 constant war clan, are players who are all in clans, and the majority of them are Co or Leaders. The only exceptions are about 6 BRAND new players who don't even have clan castles.

    In what way is that going to be helpful for recruiting?
    Last edited by ImpossibleUsernameChoice; October 16th, 2019 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Additional information.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.

  7. #7
    Just wanted to share my experience.

    I wanted to test this recruiting tool, so I set my tags to "CWL", "Clan Wars" and "Veteran" and been opted in for invites since the update. Didnt get any invitation, but since I was already in a clan I figured that was the reason. So most of the day yesterday, and all night, I was clanless. Did not get a single invite.

    I'm a near max th12, so I would assume I'm worthy of invites. Or maybe Supercell AI knows I'm no good and keeps me out of the pool? I see many people complaining about their recruiting candidates got full inboxes etc, so this seems broken to me.



    HK

  8. #8
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhk View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience.

    I wanted to test this recruiting tool, so I set my tags to "CWL", "Clan Wars" and "Veteran" and been opted in for invites since the update. Didnt get any invitation, but since I was already in a clan I figured that was the reason. So most of the day yesterday, and all night, I was clanless. Did not get a single invite.

    I'm a near max th12, so I would assume I'm worthy of invites. Or maybe Supercell AI knows I'm no good and keeps me out of the pool? I see many people complaining about their recruiting candidates got full inboxes etc, so this seems broken to me.



    HK
    this ^

    Iím in the same boat. Nothing but walls left to max my base, decent war stars and good donation ratio. Not a single invite.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhk View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience.

    I wanted to test this recruiting tool, so I set my tags to "CWL", "Clan Wars" and "Veteran" and been opted in for invites since the update. Didnt get any invitation, but since I was already in a clan I figured that was the reason. So most of the day yesterday, and all night, I was clanless. Did not get a single invite.

    I'm a near max th12, so I would assume I'm worthy of invites. Or maybe Supercell AI knows I'm no good and keeps me out of the pool? I see many people complaining about their recruiting candidates got full inboxes etc, so this seems broken to me.



    HK
    Same experience. Not a single invite (Th12 30 walls to max "CWL" "Clan Wars" "daily on")

  10. #10
    Centennial Club BrandyBalwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    121
    It will take a year of updates to get the recruiting tool working half way decent. Initiating the tool for a few months before ditching global would have been a smarter way to introduce it and work out the bugs.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •