Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Windies95 View Post
    Yeah well its absolutely no comfort to those that do.
    You have a choice. You can wait for the tool to work. You can set your clan to open and hope. Or you can explore the other options I mentioned. Up to you.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    One of the maintenance breaks was supposed to opt everyone in a clan out. I never opted my mini out and it is showing red. If people opted out show in the search, that's a major flaw.
    It depends, in the game it says opt out of recieving invites, not opt out of the search pool, I have not seen Anywhere that you cannot see those of who opt of recieving invites. Opting out doesnt necessarily mean not appearing in recruitment lists.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    It depends, in the game it says opt out of recieving invites, not opt out of the search pool, I have not seen Anywhere that you cannot see those of who opt of recieving invites. Opting out doesnt necessarily mean not appearing in recruitment lists.
    That's a waste of everyone's time. If I opt out, I shouldnt show in the search. I won't receive the invite. I believe everyone opted out should not be in the search results.

As a clan leader, this recruitment tool has not yet been useful to my clan.

Improvements I would suggest include:
    - Showing war star count in the search area (perhaps next to trophy counts)
    - Showing whether the player is in a clan or not from the search area
    - Showing profile labels from the search area; I don’t want to have to click their profile to see if they’re interested in clan wars or active daily
    - Showing attacks won this season from the search area.

These are suggestions which I think are the most important. Another suggestion that may be helpful but is unlikely to be implemented is:
    - Displaying hero levels from the search area

I’d also prefer to talk to potential recruits rather than just inviting them, not knowing exactly what they’re like or what they want. But I’m not sure how this would be implemented.

For the time being, rather than recruiting in game, I am recruiting through the forum and reddit. I do think this recruitment tool has potential, but currently, I find that it is not very useful.
    Leader of Savage Smashers
    | Town Hall: 12 | League: ​Legend | War Stars: 2100 |

Don’t remove invites when joining a clan

I hate the new tool and all. Miss global. However, since we are stuck with this tool, let’s fix this issue. When I joined a clan, it wiped out all my other invites. I wanted to go and visit each clan to see if they were of interest and lost all the other invites. I know this is how it worked before with global invites but I didn’t mind as much since I talked to the people there. Now I have to visit to talk. Don’t make the other invites disappear when I join a clan. Let me have a chance to see a few.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJade1925 View Post
    I hate the new tool and all. Miss global. However, since we are stuck with this tool, let’s fix this issue. When I joined a clan, it wiped out all my other invites. I wanted to go and visit each clan to see if they were of interest and lost all the other invites. I know this is how it worked before with global invites but I didn’t mind as much since I talked to the people there. Now I have to visit to talk. Don’t make the other invites disappear when I join a clan. Let me have a chance to see a few.
    If invites didnt disappear, then everybody's inbox would always be full.
    It is going to have to clear at some point, in order for the system to regenerate..
    I think it would be better to refresh at given time intervals, whether the recipient has responded or not..
    At least then people will feel they are at least making contact.

Hi mate. I have several accounts.. I havent checked them all yet, but those I have had loaded will all be red, and so far as I know, none have received an invite from any other clan..
    I think its fairly safe to assume red means invisible to the search tool, so far as I am concerned, or until official heads up anyway.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:36 AM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    That's a waste of everyone's time. If I opt out, I shouldnt show in the search. I won't receive the invite. I believe everyone opted out should not be in the search results.
    I agree 100%, Im just not sure that us how it is, mainly based on supercells wording.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Millennial Club

Member tags

Do the tags that your members are using impact search results when looking for new players?
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

I agree 100%, Im just not sure that us how it is, mainly based on supercells wording.
    Right there with you. Seeing leaders and coleaders in my search results makes me wonder....

Do you mean player ‘labels’ perhaps?

These shouldn’t matter to your searches, to find new players outside your clan. Not even your clans ‘preferred’ labels should impact your searches, as these should only impact players looking for clans.
    A lot of conditionals there, as the algo shouldn’t show you players already in your clan... but nothing’s said how that machine is ‘learning’.

PS: i am reaching now 10hrs outside any clan, open to invite, without any invite... lol.
    (a maxed th12 in Legend league, with labels ‘clan games’, ‘friendly’ and ‘talkative’ ... maybe nobody thinks they can find these ).