Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Fresh Spawn

key recruitment features needed

When Dark Matter recruits on Global all we do is call attention to our war/win loss ratio and say we take no rushed bases to war. We find like minded players. The new clan recruitment tools (surprisingly) do not seem to emphasis these well at all. Assumed these would be the main tools. It will be harder for us. Recommended recruiting tool features: Clan Search - win/loss ratio, % rushed. Player Search - war stars, % rushed. Not having these features is a game killer without Global. Having these features would be a huge improvement over Global.
    Last edited by Chewii; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:40 PM.

I imagine it would require a pretty convoluted algorithm to calculate the "rushed" percentage of a given clan, probably unfeasible to be honest. Total war stars and win/lose ratio would be straightforward enough though. I do share your fears about recruitment, but I will see what the new interface looks like before I make a judgement.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocaylpse View Post
    I imagine it would require a pretty convoluted algorithm to calculate the "rushed" percentage of a given clan, probably unfeasible to be honest. Total war stars and win/lose ratio would be straightforward enough though. I do share your fears about recruitment, but I will see what the new interface looks like before I make a judgement.
    I agree. Algorithms almost as complex as war weight and average engineering can be convoluted... but... wait what's your point?

Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

I'd like to create a thread with suggestions for improvement to the search functionality. Already, it's extremely clear that it will not be particularly useful in its current form.

The main problem that I see is that the search criteria is FAR too limited. No ability to search (or even sort!) by TH level, location, war stars, or anything else. WORSE YET, you can't even search for only players who aren't in a clan! Every one of my recommended players was already in a clan. The only players who will jump ship at an invitation are players I don't want. As the saying goes, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you.

Suggestions for improvement: Allow at least 5, preferably all, selections of the different tags to be used. Additionally, add player specific criteria such as location, TH level, war stars, etc. Those options should ideally be searchable. However, AT MINIMUM, you should be able to sort by those criteria.

Alright, that's my piece. What else would people like to see improved and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Looking at this recruitment tool, feels to me SC copied trend from some flop games turning global chat off.

Not getting anyone suitable to recruit. And already feeling disinterested in this.

But it's not filtering anything

And static list across whole clan is that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    Odd. I just did a search using “farming, clan games and active donator” and it recommended 2 players that are Town Hall 2 without a Clan Castle.

Centennial Club
    How can this recruiting tool help us as it is now? It is useless!

we need to filter on the following, not stupid criteria like ‘underdog’ etc!

we need to find players based on:
    th level
    country
    trophy cups
    war stars
    donation ..friend in need

these are how we can find the people who are suitable for our clan!

please change this sc or forget players recruiting ..or playing any more!

Could you expand on that? My recommendations, for a Lvl15 constant war clan, are players who are all in clans, and the majority of them are Co or Leaders. The only exceptions are about 6 BRAND new players who don't even have clan castles.

In what way is that going to be helpful for recruiting?
    Last edited by ImpossibleUsernameChoice; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:29 PM. Reason: Additional information.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.