Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    The real limiting factor is the inability to have a discussion with someone before joining/inviting someone to their clan. This weeding out process has allowed me to recruit people from other clans where the people were disgruntled but reluctant to just go clanless, as well it has given me the chance to enter other clans where I have stayed for significant lengths of time and made good friends.

I agree that only having people who were clanless appear on the search list would be way more counterproductive and limiting than most people realize. That being said most of the filters they have do not reflect what many clans / people are looking for, especially when it is limited to 3 selections which in no way give a full picture of a clan or player.
    I agree it will be harder to recruit ppl from other clans, it will also be harder for members of your clan to be swayed to leave also. This will probably change the dynamics of how clans evolve I guess. At the end of the day everyone is free to leave and join new clans. The joining most likely wonít be through an invitation though but through someoneís choosing

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ronanSC View Post
    any account is geolocalized.
    just have to add a std::map(position, country)
    then in the request, get country from player's position and filter results by that country (if player choose this option)

the flag is a false reason
    That creates an entirely different problem. Speakers who are of a different language than the predominant language of their geo-local would have a near impossible time finding a comfortable home. Accounts that were created when the creator was living in a different location would be misrepresented and limited in searching capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    I agree it will be harder to recruit ppl from other clans, it will also be harder for members of your clan to be swayed to leave also. This will probably change the dynamics of how clans evolve I guess. At the end of the day everyone is free to leave and join new clans. The joining most likely won’t be through an invitation though but through someone’s choosing
    Which would be fine but for the need to close the clan for CWL and Clan War due to spying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Seems a lot of ppl thought the new recruitment tools would entitle them to additional th12ís in their clan. Good news is those few ppl who were clanless can still easily find a home.
    Yes... this is exactly the problem. I feel "entitled" to recruit Max TH 12. This is exactly why I am concerned that since the new tool dropped I have been unabled to send an invite to even a single player. Because I feel so "entitled".

Fresh Spawn
    Recruiting tool is useless, 1st it doesn't work (already reported to support in game chat)

I don't know who make ideas for filters, looking its was make by freelance students who never play this game.

I real most clans are recruiting for
    Game location
    Th lvl
    Heroes lvl
    Lab untins and potions lvl
    War Stars
    Activity
    But someone think its no need...
    When you are looking for clans - you have button - special dilters where you can choose more options, but when you recruiting ppl you can only choose 3 useless filters.
    Thats enoth... For 8th or same max.

Anyway filters dont work... Srly? Mb better to test new system first?

We are master 1 League clan, we recruiting only 12th with good heroes (sometime full 11th) other players are useless for clan, ppl dont need low th in clan.

When i searching players - i find 1 who can join, and... They already have "full mail" and i cant invite them. Rly? Why i must look for ppl, who i cant invited? Why ppl with full mail of invites are not ignoring in search? Who test it? Why are already not fired from company?

There is rdy system which was just need to copy - from clans search, which add filters which need ppl.

Main is location filter - we are based in Russia, before in global chat we have SU location and no lang problem. Now i see in recruiting list china and arab players. We dont need them, cuz will have lang problems. So why i must see them i search? That minimum 30% of players which i must look, but i dont need them. So just use players global chat tags in additional filter - you will solf this problem, players will see +30% player they need.

Th lvl filter - for us useless players for our clan who have low th its 60%, so again i look 60% usless players cuz they low th + 30% usless players now i see 90% usless ppl, thats like spam.

Next we i have 10% whis same lang and th i need, 8% of them have week heroes, we no need 12th with 15 lvl qween or same, cuz we focused on clan wars series and force champion clan league, so now we have 60+30+8=98% of players i dont need, means just 2% of all list are actual for inviting.

Ok now i see 2% from long list of players i send invite and..... I see massage "player mail is full, you cant invite him".
    Srly? Why you show me 98% usless players, only 2% i can invite, and i cant invite them, cuz they have "full mail", why they dont ignored if they usless?

Just this 3 filters and 1 mistake fix can change my list from 2% to 100% actual player for clan, so why no one add them?

Anyway this main filters, but need additional - players cw stars, players cwl stars, lvl players, lvl units in lab, player personal league (2 filters for both th and bh) and etc. Same need age filter, just no need birth date, for example period 10-15 15-20 age and etc.
    Need donation units filter, clan game point filter.

Ofc we can look all this info in profile achieve, but that's click, tons of cliks.
    Else play the game, i must waste time for 98% spam list player, and click, click, click for look achieves. Omg sry? Why must waste my time for this, why all players of game must waste time this else just add filters and look fast players they need. Why i need spend hours for that, else spend just 5 min, and play the game?

There are many cool filters which can help players to recruiting, but you just add usless filters.... Which was not tested and dont work.

And some offtop - add some lights and glow to heroes 3d models to profile, they look ugly with silly lights.... They look much better in game map, then in profile.... And add backstage for them, will be much better.

Millennial Club
    I agree it will be harder to recruit ppl from other clans, it will also be harder for members of your clan to be swayed to leave also. This will probably change the dynamics of how clans evolve I guess. At the end of the day everyone is free to leave and join new clans. The joining most likely won’t be through an invitation though but through someone’s choosing
    Unfortunately I suspect that will lead to more people quitting the game rather than going through the painstaking process of trying to find another clan, perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Being able to have a conversation with people in other clans was often enlightening for people to see how things were on the other side. This has cut the legs off of that which means if people's clan slowly die people are more likely to just accept it and move on (to a different game).

Recruitment tool is laughable, yes. Some players put the "invite on" button to even throw their clans out there to be seen since the recruitment tool is in the infancy stage and doing a poor job. Seems like the only people that know how it works is the active players that are well involved in clans. Heck, how many times have people hopped on global, built a relationship with a clan-established player, then joined them or they joined later? It's not all about clan-less players, most of them are worthless in my eyes. People that want to be recruited are most likely not clan-less.

I see the future of this system being "earned titles"
    . This will definitely be easier to distinguish players and separate them in the search fields. Kind of how the milestones work, but the ability to unlock recruit-able or accomplished titles would not only be great, but cool feature for players to earn and work for.

Also a more advanced search criteria would most definitely be helpful right now like so many have stated. None of the behind the scenes stuff plz!

Quote Originally Posted by leluuu View Post
    Yes... this is exactly the problem. I feel "entitled" to recruit Max TH 12. This is exactly why I am concerned that since the new tool dropped I have been unabled to send an invite to even a single player. Because I feel so "entitled".
    I don't know about that, but I'd like to at least be able to limit the list I see to TH10+, since I can't use anyone lower for war/CWL.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

Suggestions for searching for new clan members

Recruiting for clan members has become more difficult. The search feature doesn't present suitable candidates.

Here are some suggestions:

Search by Town Hall Level
    Maximum Trophies Earned
    Current Trophies
    War Stars
    In Clan or not
    Active or not (last 24 hours, last 48 hours)
    In a League or not
    Looking for a clan or not

The current search just gives me a random list of players that may or may not be looking or may not even be active or have done their settings.

Seems a lot of ppl thought the new recruitment tools would entitle them to additional th12ís in their clan. Good news is those few ppl who were clanless can still easily find a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    I don't know about that, but I'd like to at least be able to limit the list I see to TH10+, since I can't use anyone lower for war/CWL.
    I was being sarcastic at Beefenclog42's suggestion that entitlement was the issue.