Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    That was not a coder's decision. That was a design decision.

I agree with all the suggestions. i stand corrected, it is a shame we don't all design! ;-P

Forum Champion
    I think the reason everyone is only finding people in clans is because players either haven’t downloaded the update yet or have not turned off their invites. Once everyone starts to figure out that they need to shut off invites, we will find more players without clans. There are likely tons more players in clans than not. Once they update, and change preferences (the default is on) things should get marginally better.

It seems to me that, logically, when looking to recruit new players, the first filter should be TH level, language, then the labels potentially �� For players searching, they use the label filters. Maybe also add a “recruiting”, “not recruiting” label in the leader/co-leader page, in at the top level, so players only find clans interested in finding new members. I presume for instance “Closed” clans would be excluded from the search. Half the clans in my bookmarked list and which we have relationships with have chosen the same three labels which is going to make the filtering system challenging. Give Supercell a chance to sort this out, the programme just needs tweaking, when you first roll out something new like this, on this scale it doesn’t always work perfectly, IT isn’t perfect, but they’ll be able to fine tune it now it’s “out there”. Testing can only go so far and doesn’t always show up all the challenges that appear when you go live �� Looking forward to seeing improvements over the next few days/weeks as these issues get ironed out.
    Aka Amazon, Warrior Queen and Leader of My Tribe #20GQJ8CC0
    We are small but mighty 👊💥

Disappointed that the only "stat" shown continues to be trophy level.

When I am trying to guess how active a player is I look at attacks won this season.
    When I am trying to guess how generous a player is I look at donations.
    When trying to gauge whether a player will participate in war, I look compare his war stars to his town hall.
    When I want to guess the longevity of a player I look to exp points.

But trophy level is quite possibly the least informative statistic. In the past week my primary account has been at 3600 trophies and 800 trophies. It speaks only to recent play style and says nothing useful about a player's potential value to any clan.

Pls move beyond trophies.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    actually i have an IT degree and do code.
    I agree with all suggestions. Sorry, my posts should have included /s.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    That was not a coder's decision. That was a design decision.
    It could be a coder decision or let's say a database engineer decision to set default to true instead of false

Thanks for DragonX101 for his great work!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    It could be a coder decision or let's say a database engineer decision to set default to true instead of false
    ...but...but...but...it was all sandboxed first...

Are you serious ?
    please open back the global AND the new tool and when it is usable then you can stop back the global.

this tool is useless... we are a full th12 french speaking war clan and the suggested players are th10 11 or small th12

First time I see an update so dissppointing. Clearly not enough work on this one.
    TH 12 - AQ 60 - BK 60 - GW 30 - more than 30000 legend trophies, 6218 trophies max

Quote Originally Posted by Belinio View Post
    It seems to me that, logically, when looking to recruit new players, the first filter should be TH level, language, then the labels potentially �� For players searching, they use the label filters. Maybe also add a “recruiting”, “not recruiting” label in the leader/co-leader page, in at the top level, so players only find clans interested in finding new members. I presume for instance “Closed” clans would be excluded from the search. Half the clans in my bookmarked list and which we have relationships with have chosen the same three labels which is going to make the filtering system challenging. Give Supercell a chance to sort this out, the programme just needs tweaking, when you first roll out something new like this, on this scale it doesn’t always work perfectly, IT isn’t perfect, but they’ll be able to fine tune it now it’s “out there”. Testing can only go so far and doesn’t always show up all the challenges that appear when you go live �� Looking forward to seeing improvements over the next few days/weeks as these issues get ironed out.
    No,not the language please. Because my language does not exist in languages you can chose from in coc. Maybe some local oriented search,like they ranked clans in each country. I am now in search getting all foreign players,and it is useless because we dont use English in our clan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Disappointed that the only "stat" shown continues to be trophy level.

When I am trying to guess how active a player is I look at attacks won this season.
    When I am trying to guess how generous a player is I look at donations.
    When trying to gauge whether a player will participate in war, I look compare his war stars to his town hall.
    When I want to guess the longevity of a player I look to exp points.

But trophy level is quite possibly the least informative statistic. In the past week my primary account has been at 3600 trophies and 800 trophies. It speaks only to recent play style and says nothing useful about a player's potential value to any clan.

Pls move beyond trophies.

^^^^^^^This!