Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1031

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

  1. #731
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK - Clan is US/UK
    Posts
    135
    Yes 12 hours probably a little harsh as when I did Day/Night shifts I was sleeping rather a lot.
    3 days though should be ample.
    Last edited by 0x0000000167; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

  2. #732
    Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Kerala, India.
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    Yes 12 hours probably a little harsh as when I did Day/Night shifts I was sleeping rather a lot.
    3 days though should be ample.
    Yeah, that's an ample amount of time

  3. #733

    Information behind the scenes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    What Information?
    Why this Tool "think" that my clan is searching for low level accounts, rushers or we'd like to invite inaktive players? Well, perhaps these players will see it one day...Are this Information behind the scenes that now only clans with high level and strong accounts can find good players?
    Are this information behind the scenes that now this tool tells me what members I'm looking for?
    It was Impossible to find 1 member with this tool since update.
    I am looking daily to this forum hoping to read further Information but nothing. I am playing this game for years and spended a lot of time and money. That's the only reason I tried to continue but without the possibility to recruit members it is not possible.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell66; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:38 AM.

  4. #734
    Pro Member higgsbosons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    under a rock
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    But what then defines 'active' tag?
    I realise that not everyone can log in all the time, but then defining yourself as 'active' is an oxymoron. All I'm saying is that if a base goes 'inactive' for quite a while, then that tag is automatically lost, further filtering the output, if this has indeed been selected.


    Fundamental principles of design and UX seem to have been lacking in certain key areas here, and if there is to be machine learning then surely the filters themselves should also be dynamic? Filter tree could easily work if

    1. select on/off view existing people in clans
    2. filter inbox = not full
    3. filter friends request = not full
    4. filter inactivity = less than 7 days (lets be inclusive as reply to the thread suggests)

    However, should there also be a limit on the maximum recruitment attempts by a clan? As one clan could theoretically fill up an inbox of a player to remove them from the competion, should the invite be from the clan (assuming Elder/Coleader/Leader) and not from an individual?

    If an member has found a player could there be a alert in the clan chat to say "xxxxxx suggests yyyyy for membership, please review"

    Suggestions which could easily work in the favour of the clash of clans, and then inboxes of people are likely to be less overflowing.

    The user interface could also include traffic light colour backgrounds per record found, red if already in a clan.

    The mute function for the global chat could be reworked as an ignore function for the filter system so you can review other lists (possibly?)
    None of this would solve the fundamental issue that there are not enough players available for the amount of clans searching for them.
    This tool might work slightly better if the number of searching clans is substantially decreased, e.g. clans give up on searching members.

    Self given tags won't probably work reliable,
    the assumption that players are honest with their tags is one of the flaws of the current tool.
    Inboxes of featuered players will probably be full most of the time.
    Auto remove of older invites won't help much for the recruiting itself, only more invites could be spammed.

    I have some doubts that the member search tool in the current state can be fixed
    with only a few tweaks due to it's inherent fundamental flaws.

    Clan search for players is working beside a few odds, e.g. alphabetical order of somehow randomized clans are favouring clans starting with A-F.

    Member search doesn't exist ingame at the moment.

  5. #735
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by BacalaoistPlays View Post
    You do realize from what Darian said before Sunsetting Global that Global was planned to be removed a long time ago right? You see all of the other Supercell games do not have a Global Chat and they are working fine. (...) But what about the countless others that were scarred by the negative side of global? Not everyone has the same mentality and hard heart as others. Shall we ignore them completely? Of course not! (...) Remember, a few rights CANNOT outweigh wrongs! Supercell had to get rid of Global due to the countless toxicity and threats. And no, the game will not die. All this nonsense is just like when Town Hall Sniping was removed. Many people thought back then that that was the end of CoC. Many years later, we grown out of that mentality. We will soon get over Global just like TH sniping. I am hopefully of the future of Clash without going back.
    Interesting post, to which i would like to replay as follows.

    I do realize that SC was planning to remove global long ago. So why didn't they just do that? Because they also realized (as anyone who has ever played the game) that global was actually the very main (I'd say the only real) recruitment tool.
    CoC's social aspect is what i think has detemined its success. It's a very old game for actual standards (7 years and counting). Can you name another successful mobile 7 years old game? One which makes to SC more revenues than more recent games?

    Surely the other SC games haven't a global. But are they more social or individual oriented games? I don't like brawl stars so i can't say about it, have never played Boom Beach so can't tell for it either.

    I have played Hay Day and Clash Royal, tho.

    Hay Day is a nice individual game. The social aspect of it are selling/buying things in the market and completing individual missions for the Derby, other than sending (very few) rss to clanmates.

    Clash Royal is an individual 1vs1 (randomly 2vs2) game . Clans are there only to donate/receive donations. Clan Wars? They are so awful that SC itself has stated they are trying to rework them but they don't know how yet.

    Games like those don't really need a recruitment tool. CoC does. Coc is a real clan-oriented game. Surely you can play it solo if you wish to, but most of the things which seem to keep it interesting for the vast majority of players are clan-related, mainly Clan Wars

    Now sunsetting global wasn't a problem "per se". The problem is that they closed it hoping the new recruitment tool would suffice in some way. That was a big mistake. The tool is poorly thought and poorly implemented. It simply doesn't work. Most of the search parameters are useless while many which would be usefull simply miss. Add that wherever you try a search the results never give you something matching with the search. CoC can't survive without an efficient, funtional recruitment tool. It happened to be the global chat. Now it lacks one.

  6. #736
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,144
    Yeah, the timing makes it pretty obvious that the removal of global was forced upon Supercell from above. After years of major changes having obvious problems and easy fixes, maybe supercell will adapt the strategy of releasing their plans early and then scanning the forums for the posts pointing out the "holy krap, why didn't we think of that" problems and suggested solutions. This would also allow them to respond with "no worries, we've got that covered" and implementing the solutions given while avoiding the two or three weeks of embarrassment associated with poorly thought out changes.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

    If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

  7. #737
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,144
    Did they remember to plug the machine in?
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

    If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

  8. #738
    Just wanted to share my experience.

    I wanted to test this recruiting tool, so I set my tags to "CWL", "Clan Wars" and "Veteran" and been opted in for invites since the update. Didnt get any invitation, but since I was already in a clan I figured that was the reason. So most of the day yesterday, and all night, I was clanless. Did not get a single invite.

    I'm a near max th12, so I would assume I'm worthy of invites. Or maybe Supercell AI knows I'm no good and keeps me out of the pool? I see many people complaining about their recruiting candidates got full inboxes etc, so this seems broken to me.



    HK

  9. #739
    Forum Champion RAppel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,685
    What happened to the fact that Supercell wanted to be more transparent and in touch with the community? Hence why Darian was brought in. Why not come clean and say "we made a boo-boo. We will do this and that to fix it"?
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329






  10. #740
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhk View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience.

    I wanted to test this recruiting tool, so I set my tags to "CWL", "Clan Wars" and "Veteran" and been opted in for invites since the update. Didnt get any invitation, but since I was already in a clan I figured that was the reason. So most of the day yesterday, and all night, I was clanless. Did not get a single invite.

    I'm a near max th12, so I would assume I'm worthy of invites. Or maybe Supercell AI knows I'm no good and keeps me out of the pool? I see many people complaining about their recruiting candidates got full inboxes etc, so this seems broken to me.



    HK
    this ^

    Iím in the same boat. Nothing but walls left to max my base, decent war stars and good donation ratio. Not a single invite.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •