Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

Still hoping for recruiting tool that will work well!

Am I the only one who's standards are falling like a stone on who I'm inviting?? I'm spamming out requests to anything that looks like it has a pulse. I feel like I'm searching for signs of life.

Let me fast forward to the end of the story....we are doomed.

Pro Member
    Flip side is that I’m a TH12 asking for an International Clan who Donates & takes part in CWL - I’ve received absolutely No Offers.

Quote Originally Posted by rickeriks View Post
    Am I the only one who's standards are falling like a stone on who I'm inviting?? I'm spamming out requests to anything that looks like it has a pulse. I feel like I'm searching for signs of life.

Let me fast forward to the end of the story....we are doomed.

let me change my search area to United Kingdom.

Perhaps players with a full inbox should be removed from the search.
    the purpose of the search is so that I can invite players. If I can't invite a player, don't show me that player.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    I would not worry about the bottom line if this continues much longer with no way to recruit decent players Iím sure the bottom line will also suffer.

Big December update Global is back I hope.

All seem very badly thought out, tested and rolled out to users.

First of all try fix the problem not hit it with a sledgehammer by removing it completely. Simple bans for global would of been a good start but not even tried.

Next if you want to replace global with this recruitment tool why not rollout the tool and keep global while itís tested rather than do both at the same time.

And lastly actually respond to your player base. Itís an embarrassment after such a game changing update like this that the issues have not even been acknowledged.
    Agreed

SC seems to have buried their heads in ... the sand, plugged their ears, and started screaming that their baby (update) isn't ugly.
    Last edited by PapaBear38; October 18th, 2019 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Unfortunately I suspect that will lead to more people quitting the game rather than going through the painstaking process of trying to find another clan, perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Being able to have a conversation with people in other clans was often enlightening for people to see how things were on the other side. This has cut the legs off of that which means if people's clan slowly die people are more likely to just accept it and move on (to a different game).
    It could be a painstaking process but not something that I would quit over. Personally I wouldnít be joining a clan just because I had an invitation, I would be checking the forum recruitment threads. Basically there is a much better chance of finding a decent clan, than a clan finding a decent member because the person looking gets to choose where they go. A lot more clans trying to recruit than ppl trying to find a clan

Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    It could be a painstaking process but not something that I would quit over. Personally I wouldn’t be joining a clan just because I had an invitation, I would be checking the forum recruitment threads. Basically there is a much better chance of finding a decent clan, than a clan finding a decent member because the person looking gets to choose where they go. A lot more clans trying to recruit than ppl trying to find a clan
    maybe not you but I can see a lot of casual players quitting. Why spend hour looking for a clan, they’ll just open App Store and find the next game.

you are keen player of you check forum recruitment threads I reckon less than 1% of the player base do.

As a clan leader I’ve already done that i tried to filter on active daily, active donator and clan wars. Looked through first 20 ish profiles and all I got was people done a handful of attacks this season, low war stars, low th, non English speaking or players in high lvl clans that obviously won’t be joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash8675 View Post
    Well if I had seen Itzuís video I wouldnít have posted half of my posts. Iím not sure why what he said wasnít communicated on the forums. Or it was posted somewhere and got buried in chat. I recommend everyone go watch it. Apparently it takes time for the tool to work lol. It should start working eventually. No point in complaining about it sucking until you see how it works once it starts to work... could be days maybe weeks, who knows. Itzu said supercell doesnít even know how long it will take to work. Itzu is getting my boost support, since he is the only one to shed light onto this topic. Thanks Itzu
    Itís good to know itíll get better, but if thatís the case their implementation sux. I stick Ďmachine learningí (or whatever the buzzword du jour is) systems in and manage them for my job - they learn, but you either train them with historical data before launch or run them silently in the production environment before transferring over to live.

as thereís no data on how folk will use this pre launch then, whilst Iím sure itís not deliberate, theyíve put this in cold. Of course it sux right now, but thatís the deal & they should have forseen this (or had advice from the vendor).

Running global plus this in parallel would have helped - youíd see what folk selected AND you see what they actually do, either through the new tool or global. Feels like theyíve dropped off a cliff and are now trying to climb back to the summit. Feel for all the folk running around behind the scenes, but this could have been avoided.

Truth about October update - and how to fix

I'd like to speak politely and respectfully on behalf of a great deal of Clash players who are apparently very upset.

I've been playing Clash of Clans since 2014, through countless updates and major changes to the game. Human nature is to be opposed to change, so every time there's a change to the game, you get negative feedback from angry players. This is to be expected, and it must make it difficult to take negative reviews seriously and devote very much attention to them, especially when they are written in such immature fashion.

I've always defended Supercell in your decisions. I understand the thought process behind 99% of changes and improvements. I've adjusted my play style to account for said changes, because I love the game. I admire that you stick to your guns, and the quality of the game has always prevailed throughout the updates, until now.

I'm not sure you understand what global chat meant to the game. Clash of Clans has always been a social experience. There are people who choose to take an unconventional, "lone wolf" approach to the game, without a clan. They are now unable to talk to other Clashers without joining one.

Furthermore, while I applaud your effort to incorporate a recruitment tool into the game, it has glaring flaws. Given the sheer number of clans in the game, it becomes nearly impossible for newer clans to get noticed by prospective new members, as they become buried under thousands of other new clans. This caused us to resort to mass-inviting other players, a strategy which worked for only a few days, before inboxes started filling up. Now, from the list of players that populates when you try to find players, only a fraction can be invited, and even they are most likely in a clan already. It's worth adding that the clans they're in are high-level and full of players - PLAYERS WHO WERE RECRUITED USING GLOBAL CHAT. Essentially, if you don't already have an established clan, growing one has become much harder.

The recruiting tool is a great idea, but sadly, it is just not a good replacement for global. Here are some possible solutions:

- Limiting the number of invites per player/per hour/etc would fix the full inbox issue.
    - Boosting smaller clans to the top of the list of search results. Larger clans are more likely to have success with inviting players, while smaller ones will not grow unless they have a way to get seen.
    - Allowing player-to-player private messaging could make up for the lost social experience from the loss of global, and aid in recruiting.
    - Re-introduction of global chat until the recruiting tool is fixed, even BLENDING
    the two. For example, global chat rooms will only be populated with players who have selected the same labels as each other.

As I said, I love where you're going with the labels, as do a great deal of us. I can tell you, however, that leaving global out is a mistake that will cost the game a good many players. Even worse, it made Clash of Clans unique. Mobile games largely lack the element that global provided to the game, and it truly set Clash apart. I ask you, nay, I IMPLORE you to reconsider.

Long live Clash of Clans.

- Kenny
    Player tag: #PVCJUQV0
    Clan tag: #2P9CRUQ9J
    Years clashing: 5 and counting