Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    How can this recruiting tool help us as it is now? It is useless!

we need to filter on the following, not stupid criteria like ‘underdog’ etc!

we need to find players based on:
    th level
    country
    trophy cups
    war stars
    donation ..friend in need

these are how we can find the people who are suitable for our clan!

please change this sc or forget players recruiting ..or playing any more!

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12364009
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Opt1musPr1me View Post
    Odd. I just did a search using “farming, clan games and active donator” and it recommended 2 players that are Town Hall 2 without a Clan Castle.
    That is hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

New Bloke/Chick
    The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    If its doing that behind the scenes then we should be able to control it in advanced options.

The search tool does account for a lot of that information behind the scenes. The filters are just added functionality for you to reduce the clutter. It does take into account location, level, activity, etc.
    It that's true then the developers are not doing a good job!
    As it is, I can't find any members with tags or without a clan, ie. the kind of people I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
    If it’s doing that behind the scenes then we should be able to control it in advanced options.
    Exactly. I can't say that I understand why to restrict that functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.

I dont know if it is correct here but

"Wtfs?! I tryed the search and all players are already in a clan. Why da hell should i want to invite players that already have a clan?! They are obviously in good hands so why should i make them leave their clan?!"

Edit:
    Okay - 2 of them without clan but 3 suggested players are LEADER.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; October 16th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.

Forum Champion
    1) allow players to indicate they are hoping to or open to being recruited, and allow us to search on that.

2) allow players to filter on language and timezone.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    1) allow players to indicate they are hoping to or open to being recruited, and allow us to search on that.

2) allow players to filter on language and timezone.

Players can toggle on and off if they want to receive Clan invite requests from their own personal profile page.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Players can toggle on and off if they want to receive Clan invite requests from their own personal profile page.
    I feel like the default setting should have been 'Off.' That would have helped the search functionality work better from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    If the engineer wont admit, even to themselves,what they're doing, they're being fundamentally dishonest and no common groundcan be reached.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    I dont know if it is correct here but

"Wtfs?! I tryed the search and all players are already in a clan. Why da hell should i want to invite players that already have a clan?! They are obviously in good hands so why should i make them leave their clan?!"
    I agree. I believe the thinking here is that, after a few days/weeks once everyone has chose their invite preferences, that this won’t happen so much. Eventually, those who are in a clan (and want to stay there) will turn off invites and no longer show up in searches. How well this will work we will have to wait and see.

edit: ninja’d by Darian
    Last edited by Bigdome757; October 16th, 2019 at 05:43 PM.