Page 22 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Member Search Suggestions Mega Thread

So this morning i wake up to a banner advertising a broken clan search system. What the heck sorry cell??? Fix your garbage before advertising how great it is. I'm highly irritated.

Fresh Spawn

Player's Location in profile

With the subsetting of Global Chat, I think it is better to add a feature that players can put their country location to the Player's Labels. This will help the clans to easily find a new members without thinking if this player is from their country.

Banned
    New sistem is useless for me. I only see players from around the world. We only accept players who speak a same language that is spoken in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash8675 View Post
    This you would think would be a no brainer but it’s too late now. They can’t change it . It would have needed to be the first option. I’m honestly not sure why this would have been set this way. It makes no logical sense. But of all the things wrong with this recruitment tool, this is one of the few things they can’t realistically change. Sadly
    The longer they wait the less sense it makes to change it, but they could change it I think. I assume they could switch everyone to off right now, at least the people in clans, and require us to turn it back to accepting invites if we want them.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    Currently the search functionality is useless, as most (all?) of the player base is opted in to search (even dead bases?). This means that a huge proportion of bases who are not looking to be recruited or even select player tags are included on search results. This has led to multiple people, myself included, getting nothing in our search results except bases with NO tags selected.

For a proper recruitment tool to work, you have to ensure clans are only searching bases that want to be recruited. This means changing everyone to opt OUT by default, making those who want to be recruited to opt in.

Thoughts?

Edit: Spelling
    From the subject I thought this was just a silly complaint about being bugged with invites. I was wrong! It's a good idea.

However, SC might hope the the dead base owner will get a notification telling them they have been invited and it might bring them back. I don't know if there is such a notification but it would be a good practice for SC to do that. It might bring people back.

Yeah, having us search dead bases is greatly diminishing the tool. I suspect there will be refinements. In the past, SC has shown more active clans when people searched for a clan. I think they could use similar code to do that for clans searching for recruits.

I don't plan to use it because I want to talk to someone before I let them in.
    Last edited by StormHeart; October 17th, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

It simply should have been the default ... opt in only if you want to ... it really is a major oversight/error that this didn't happen

You are inviting a profile, not a person.

That does not work. No vibe to get to know them from a chat in global. No way to know if they are fun and competitive or arrogant and a star chaser. Just have to assume. And create chaos in the clan while you figure it out.

Are they ten or fifty? No idea. Just invite, let your clan have a mess for a while, then start over. Woohoo.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    wow.. i cant believe it would be this bad.. but sadly its worse than i could ever of thought/imagined.

the reality was that global was going, some were happy and some were sad.. but to replace a mechanism of recruiting that gave clans flexibility on how they did it with a bunch of buttons that mean nothing and are completely useless is laughable and beyond belief.

in one swoop recruitment is broken.. as an example our clan is always on invite and we used to get atleast 50 requests per day to join.. since the update we have had 2..

i honestly believe SC have completely underestimated the importance of global and have decided on a route to reduce costs and they have not realised the impact it would have on the game.

Players are now stuck in their clans and have to physically leave to find a new clan that fits them.

We have no way of finding out what language a player speaks, what age they are.. and so it goes on...

advice to any players that want to start a new clan is DONT BOTHER, there is no point because no one will join.. this will cause a massive impact on new players joining the game.

This change is potentially a game threatening change.. thats the reality!

I hope SC read all these comments and think.. we have made a mistake, but i doubt they will

Centennial Club

Only seeing asian and foreign clans in the new clan search function

So yesterday I was looking for a clan and today I still am. But yesterday I was seeing really good clans like level 14 and up that are good war clans (either from the US or actually international). Today, I’m seeing only level 3 clans that are all the “join bro please free co” clans and clans from like India, Myanmar, bd, toxic clans. What happened?

Maybe someone is 'behind the scenes' [where all seems to be happening nowadays] trying to make something of the broken m3ss we got for a 'recruitment tool'??