Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is x86 device not supported anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by beetle999 View Post
    This will end my paying support of your products. So many people are switching to emulators and you are not respecting the players/customers.
    Emulators were never supported. The answere i shared was regarding a chromebook user. That device is supported but no longer the x86cpu versions.

So what about the Pixel Slate? It is x86 and is hitting the issue, just as it did last release until they patched it later in the day. Seems from the patch notes it is no longer supported, even though the app is listed as compatible with my device in the app store.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rlaurin1 View Post
    So what about the Pixel Slate? It is x86 and is hitting the issue, just as it did last release until they patched it later in the day. Seems from the patch notes it is no longer supported, even though the app is listed as compatible with my device in the app store.
    To repeat, we've been told this:

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Unfortunately, we posted in the patch notes that Clash will no longer support devices that run on an x86 CPU.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    That is literary the same. You play on an unsupported device.
    Yes I do have a supported system or did, a $1300 new pixelbook that allowed it to load through the playstore, they screwed x86 platform users.

I'm in the same boat. I've been playing on a Pixelbook for the last 2 years now. Now, with absolutely no warning, Supercell decides to pull support for x86. Talk about a slap in the face. I think this change is a huge mistake on Supercell's part, and would like to know why this change was made, and if x86 support will be reconsidered in a future release.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by schu1 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've been playing on a Pixelbook for the last 2 years now. Now, with absolutely no warning, Supercell decides to pull support for x86. Talk about a slap in the face. I think this change is a huge mistake on Supercell's part, and would like to know why this change was made, and if x86 support will be reconsidered in a future release.
    Is there a reason you can't instead play on a supported mobile device going forward?
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    Is there a reason you can't instead play on a supported mobile device going forward?
    For me, I play games on my tablet not my phone. I am not going to get another tablet just to play clash. Yes I could play on my phone, but I am not going to. Guess I am done with clash....

They had this same bug last release and fixed it. Hopefully they will again, but given they got in the release notes x86 isn't supported, would suggest they won't. Although my device is still shown as supported in the store, and it is trivial to them to change that, so maybe there is some hope.
    Last edited by rlaurin1; October 17th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Due to a vision handicap, I am not able to play on any phone. Screen sizes are too small for me to see on. I played on a Pixelbook chromebook. That was my device, and the device of tens of thousands of others. I hope SC does not think we're all going to go out and purchase a new $800 tablet just to play their game???
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

Should i buy a new phone just to play coc? even the competitor make all devices compatible with their games

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    That is literary the same. You play on an unsupported device.
    So, my android device is also not supported??? Just a couple of month old and the same problem. CoC just crash after update.