Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tiebreaker goes to the winner???

Fresh Spawn

Tiebreaker goes to the winner???

After playing now for a while (and not really noticing for a while) Iíve at Art ted to think of an in-game-tie-breaker (Draw) on the builder base especially where 100% draws occur. Might it be a good idea for those of us trying to gain more trophies where in the case itís a 100% draw that the tie break goes to the attacker who gets to 100% first? In other words, time of match would be the tie-breaker.

Forum Champion
    Faster win time does not necessarily relate to skill. In many cases it would just be luck. I’d prefer skill be the deciding factor as it is now.

Its debated a lot in this thread in the builder base forum.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-Base-Battle
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kughndog View Post
    After playing now for a while (and not really noticing for a while) I’ve at Art ted to think of an in-game-tie-breaker (Draw) on the builder base especially where 100% draws occur. Might it be a good idea for those of us trying to gain more trophies where in the case it’s a 100% draw that the tie break goes to the attacker who gets to 100% first? In other words, time of match would be the tie-breaker.
    This idea gets suggested quite frequently.

It is a rotten idea, as have been almost all the possible tiebreakers suggested.

And tiebreaker that disadvatages cretain styles of play or army choices is not acceptable.

Not that a tiebreaker is really needed anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kughndog View Post
    After playing now for a while (and not really noticing for a while) Iíve at Art ted to think of an in-game-tie-breaker (Draw) on the builder base especially where 100% draws occur. Might it be a good idea for those of us trying to gain more trophies where in the case itís a 100% draw that the tie break goes to the attacker who gets to 100% first? In other words, time of match would be the tie-breaker.
    Its such a natural desire, and very common.

Faster is a skill, and faster comes with risk so it is a good balance.

Compromises certain armies? Thatís a bit strong, regular 100% victories is pretty hard and someone rushing their strategy is very likely to cause them to fall foul of a trap.

Compromises dribble strategies of sneaky archers or baby dragons? Good.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    If vyou are American, yes. The rest of the world aren't so hung up on it, I don't know why.

Faster is only a skill when racing. Clash battles are not races. You are given 3 minutes for a reason.

Compromises certain armies? That’s a bit strong,
    Not ijn the least. It is simple fact.

regular 100% victories is pretty hard and someone rushing their strategy is very likely to cause them to fall foul of a trap.
    I had 3 100% draws in a row earlier today - and finished first in all of them, but I still very strongly oppose this idea.

Wrong. Not good, but very bad.

All troops are there to be used. Anything which compromises one trop (unless that troop has become so strong as to be overppowered) is bad. Whether you like the "dribble" strategies or not, they are valid, and any tiebreaker which means they wouold invariably lose is invalid.
    Last edited by Ajax; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    If vyou are American, yes. The rest of the world aren't so hung up on it, I don't know why.

Faster is only a skill when racing. Clash battles are not races. You are given 3 minutes for a reason.

Not ijn the least. It is simple fact.

I had 3 100% draws in a row earlier today - and finished first in all of them, but I still very strongly oppose this idea.

Wrong. Not good, but very bad.

All troops are there to be used. Anything which compromises one trop (unless that troop has become so strong as to be overppowered) is bad. Whether you like the "dribble" strategies or not, they are valid, and any tiebreaker which means they wouold invariably lose is invalid.
    Not American.

Faster, speed, is a central feature of this game. Admittedly less so on the builder base, and less so with the introduction of siege engines.

I had three ties yesterday, and each was ... an anticlimax. Early this ear there were many 100%-100% ties, and the are increasing again. Maybe give BH a new defence? The lava launcher serves well against archer dribble.

Sometimes I win in less than 90 seconds and get to watch a dribble attack, and that is tedious for more than a minute.

More than alf my ties are less than 100%. Different fractional % destruction for different buildings, more precision on % destruction could solve most of the ... anti climaxes.

Compromises certain armies? That’s a bit strong, regular 100% victories is pretty hard and someone rushing their strategy is very likely to cause them to fall foul of a trap.

Yeah. We get it. Kill strats you dont like. Using pekka gliders and dont care that the minion drop spammers have to wait almost 3 minutes for my attack to 3 star. Using mitch on my mini. Either short down in flames or long 3 star. Often against higher level opponents. Speed means nothing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Yeah. We get it. Kill strats you dont like. Using pekka gliders and dont care that the minion drop spammers have to wait almost 3 minutes for my attack to 3 star. Using mitch on my mini. Either short down in flames or long 3 star. Often against higher level opponents. Speed means nothing.
    Sarcasm?

I like kill strategies. Whenever I am three starred I review my base. It takes a mental effort to fight the bias of only looking at slow attacks after my fast ending attack (these bias to weak players).

PEKKAs rule, whether all or just mostly PEKKAs, They can be fast, and can use the full time.

Gliders? I have almost forgotten these. I saw people try them. I have never had them used successfully against me. I think we are all neglecting them while maxing our favorite troops.

Minion drop spammers? I am sure I have never been three starred by mass beta minions. Mixed Beta Minions, Night Witches, and Drop Ships, yes I think so.

Speed means nothing? Speed is very hard for some armies that have to worry about lava pools and crushers, but I think it could be true for other armies, like many PEKKAs.

Compromises certain armies? That’s a bit strong, regular 100% victories is pretty hard and someone rushing their strategy is very likely to cause them to fall foul of a trap.

No, it's not. Faster is not a skill.
    Agreed that faster comes with a risk, but so does slower attacks. How do you justify fast attacks have more risk than the slower attack? You can't.

You can consider faster as skill when it is a racing battle. As it had been mentioned, it's a Versus Battle and not Racing Battle. The only way to beat an opponent is by getting more star, and if it's a draw the tie breaker is destruction %, regardless of the strategy you used. When you use time as tie breaker, you are literally putting a slower strategies at disadvantage even before the Versus Battle starts.