Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witches in builders base

Witches in builders base

Can the witches be fixed they stand in the larva pools to attack why do they have to stand in them or make them float over the pools of larva ?

Forum Legend
    You can use the Battle Machine, a PEKKA or some Giants as distraction and send in your Witches from another direction.

Both the Witches and the Lava launcher works as intended ;-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Looks like someone got enough trophies that they're seeing BH9s destroying their witch spam attacks.

The lava launcher is what it is. Learn a real attack strategy. Upgrade to BH9, get yourself your own larva launcher. Ew.

Forum Superstar
    That's exactly why there is the lava launcher. Otherwise what would be the point?

Read here on how to deal with the ll
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Lava-Launcher

Forum Champion
    I would also like my RBs to move out of the lava when pounding on walls. Really, it would be nice if troops just avoided the lava altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBunyip View Post
    Can the witches be fixed they stand in the larva pools to attack why do they have to stand in them or make them float over the pools of larva ?
    For the same reason the archers don't duck when the giant cannon is fired, and the barbs don't dodge the mortar. It would nerf the defense so badly it would be useless.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBunyip View Post
    It's the Lava from Lava Launcher (defense), not the Poison Spell. While you can choose where to drop Poison Spell, you can't control Lava Launcher like you can't control any other defense. Troop like Witches and Cannon Cart will be affected when the Lava Launcher hit the path they are going through. Hence, the Lava Launcher is working as intended as defense. All you can do is to change your attack strategy, like distract the Lava Launcher with tanky troop.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; October 17th, 2019 at 01:02 AM.

Can you fix the giants from walking into the Slammer? They just walk right into the huge rock that crushes them. Can you fix it so they walk around it?

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    Can you fix the giants from walking into the Slammer? They just walk right into the huge rock that crushes them. Can you fix it so they walk around it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I would also like my RBs to move out of the lava when pounding on walls. Really, it would be nice if troops just avoided the lava altogether.

Both these suggestions are minor troop AI changes, but none of them are really practical.

Part of the game is knowing how to distract every defence in such a way that you can send in another troop to take that defence down.

Remember, that if YOUR troops float over or walk around the lava pools and avoid defences that will kill them, then your OPPONENTS troops will do the same. You would be right back here complaining about something else in no time.

The Troop AI is probably a simple A+ path finding algorithm .. shortest route to the nearest defence or building, with a priority break condition telling the troop to stop moving and do something else if a guard house troop is within range (and attacking).

The AI is not build to think "hey, if I stop here for 20ms, I will avoid getting beaten by the multi mortar that will shoot 80ms after I've destroyed the thing I'm beating at right now"

It's not impossible to do, but .. would it be fun to get BEATEN by something like that?

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats