Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Witches in builders base

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I would also like my RBs to move out of the lava when pounding on walls. Really, it would be nice if troops just avoided the lava altogether.
    While we are at it, also can we please add a button to stop the BM movement for few seconds while his ability is under delay so that he won't get in the range of more defenses and so he can stay alive longer and have the maximum attack damage lol.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Both these suggestions are minor troop AI changes, but none of them are really practical.

Part of the game is knowing how to distract every defence in such a way that you can send in another troop to take that defence down.

Remember, that if YOUR troops float over or walk around the lava pools and avoid defences that will kill them, then your OPPONENTS troops will do the same. You would be right back here complaining about something else in no time.

The Troop AI is probably a simple A+ path finding algorithm .. shortest route to the nearest defence or building, with a priority break condition telling the troop to stop moving and do something else if a guard house troop is within range (and attacking).

The AI is not build to think "hey, if I stop here for 20ms, I will avoid getting beaten by the multi mortar that will shoot 80ms after I've destroyed the thing I'm beating at right now"

It's not impossible to do, but .. would it be fun to get BEATEN by something like that?

/Affront
    Ah. I see your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Lol

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Ah. I see your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Lol
    Well, I do tend to take inane requests seriously and argue logically for or against them :-)

Your suggestion about "troops simply avoiding danger" is well within the realm of actual serious requests posed by fresh spawn here on the forum. You know that :-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

New Bloke/Chick
    Make troops avoid defenses? Then I'll deploy all my troops but they won't move, since they will be too scared to aproach any cannon or whatever defense inside the base.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KaleboIV View Post
    Make troops avoid defenses? Then I'll deploy all my troops but they won't move, since they will be too scared to aproach any cannon or whatever defense inside the base.
    HAH! Exactly!

If the main goal for a troop is self preservation, then staying put or running away is the best option!

Well done Sir, well done!

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats