Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Important question about the new upcoming recruit function?

Important question about the new upcoming recruit function?

Soo I have a big concern that this new recruit function will become useless for many clans. There are lots of clans that accepts only players from specific location,and my question is does the recommended players are going to be randomly picked worldwide,matching the right criteria,or they will be from the searchers location? For example we have a Bulgarian clan,and only accepting Bulgarian players,because.. language. Same can happen with other regions.. Poland,Germany,Italy etc..
    Last edited by BGClash; October 16th, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

random from worldwide unfortunately
    Clash and have fun every day, this is the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitinwhite View Post
    random from worldwide unfortunately
    Confirmed by some source or just your opinion? I agree that we haven't seen anything in the few screenshots but we dont know that the algorithm doesnt take things like clan location into account.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Possibly random

I wouldn't like to recruit from around my location at all. I run a clan with members mostly based from US, EU, AUS who speak English.

I recruit them from global through conversation and inspecting their profile stats. I filter those with broken English or annoying repeated behaviors.

I also try to not recruit from specific locations who are mostly annoying by default.

I do not know if SC can replace this with something less hassled.

Quote Originally Posted by zenideas View Post
    I wouldn't like to recruit from around my location at all. I run a clan with members mostly based from US, EU, AUS who speak English.

I recruit them from global through conversation and inspecting their profile stats. I filter those with broken English or annoying repeated behaviors.

I also try to not recruit from specific locations who are mostly annoying by default.

I do not know if SC can replace this with something less hassled.
    Well good for you,they all speak english. There are lots of clans full of players who doesn't speak english. Italian clan with 40 players communicating only in Italian language wont need english speaking player

Trainee
    Maybe I’m not understanding how exactly this will work, but if clan leaders can only pick 3 categories and 99.99% pick clan wars, CWL and clan games, then how exactly would this cull out from the masses any differently than not having a system in place?

It would be nice if there were a greater number of categories to include spoken languages, location, preferred attack style, etc - anything that a person could opt to fill or not fill in order to better fine tune a search result, and then if clans could create their own algorithms using Boolean expressions to narrow down these choices. For example, I could search for TH9 + air attackers + English speaking - BD - India.

If that would be too complicated from a programming standpoint, then perhaps utilizing a check mark system for all available choices in each category so that clan leaders could check mark as many ones that they wanted to target or avoid

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    We need more categories like location/language and TH level.

I only watched this quickly, so may have missed it. Isn’t there room in the clan description to mention TH level you’re looking for, if that’s specific? And it won’t replace checking out their profile before sending an invite. ?

Thanks Icey!

I need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Lets wait for the update to come out and then we can try it and discuss it further.