Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QOL remove inactive leaders via a voting system

QOL remove inactive leaders via a voting system

I am currently in a clan stuck with a leader and multiple co-leaders who are taking up space and not contributing in any clan games clan wars or donation. Our leader maybe goes on once a month but does not give us a update on his status. We are unable to remove them or the inactive players due to a co-leader limited ability and I feel like a voting system should be in place to demote the leader who does not help us out so we can make changes to our clan and free up space. Waiting 90 days for them to be removed is to long and if they log on once then it will not affect them. Please try and make this happen.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by lazereye42 View Post
    I am currently in a clan stuck with a leader and multiple co-leaders who are taking up space and not contributing in any clan games clan wars or donation. Our leader maybe goes on once a month but does not give us a update on his status. We are unable to remove them or the inactive players due to a co-leader limited ability and I feel like a voting system should be in place to demote the leader who does not help us out so we can make changes to our clan and free up space. Waiting 90 days for them to be removed is to long and if they log on once then it will not affect them. Please try and make this happen.
    As you said mate.. So long as he logs on within the 90 days, nothing will happen..

I sympathise with your predicament..
    But he created the clan and others simply joined.. I agree that it becomes "everybody's" clan, once membership is allowed within its structure..

But, there is a leader present.. And whilst he may not be very good, he is classed as active, so long as he shows up within that 90 day period..

The Auto Transfer was SC's solution to the inactive leader problem, so its unlikely that they will be allowing for clan members to forcefully remove him from his position any time soon, if ever..
    I would think such an addition would give rise to easily being abused anyway.. Legalised coups could well ensue.. A bunch of people could simply travel from clan to clan, and vote out the leader each time, taking possession of each one in turn..

A wise member told me when I first joined forum, looking for answers.. "Change what you can change, or wait for SC to change it for you"
    In your case, it is unlikely SC will ever change things for you..
    Best course of action, so far as I can see, is move on mate..

Good luck.

Have to agree with joshsgrandad here. It is the leader's clan. Period. Either start your own or find a better clan to join. Make use of the looking for clanmates and I need a clan forums.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Can 2 or more clans share the same name? Apart from clan levels and perks, a clan name can be an attachment members stick to, so I can empathise with people that want a leadership replacement. But anything else other than proof of inactivity would be disastrous. There would be chaos if people are allowed to vote the leader off.

Forum Elder
    It is the clan tag that the system uses, not the name.. Hence, every clan in the game could use the same name, and the system would work exactly the same.

As for the inactive leader.. They have a system in place to transfer leadership should he/she abandon the clan for a 90 day period..

Other than that, the leader calls the shots.. He/She decides what rules will apply, as well as the acceptable activity levels of anyone within that clan.
    It is a Dictatorship, unless the leadership decides to make it a Democracy..

So if there are very active players whom joined a low activity clan, then it is on them, not the leadership.

As Piper says, they can either start a new clan, (using the exact same name if they wish), or they find a new clan..
    The new recruitment tool should make it easier to find what they are looking for.

As a background.. The clan I created before my current one performed well in war, whilst it was kept selective..
    We were pretty strict in both whom we let in, and more so whom did war..
    But I/We relaxed the rules, and allowed democracy to play its part.. It was a fun place for all members, and their family and friends, and the friends of their friends etc..
    Bad thing was, the clan lost its focus, and became more and more casual..
    To the point whereby I firstly stepped down, then left, along with my cavalcade of accounts..

That clan got hit hard that day.. As most of the war accounts left..

Not saying that is the case here, but Sometimes, things are best left as they are..
    And clan members can join and leave as they see fit.

Banned
    Join another if you don't like your current one
    Simple enough

Pro Member
    As long as the Clan Leader is Active at least Once In 90 Days, he or she won’t be removed and Rightly So.

Forum Legend
    Start your own clan
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by lazereye42 View Post
    If they introduce a vote, can me and 25 friends all join your clan and vote you out as leader?
    This is why you will never see this.
    Your leader is active but does not run the the clan the way you like.... as it’s his clan, it’s his call.
    Basically you are saying “I’m in a clan and the leader doesn’t run the clan the way I want, so I want SC to change things so I can take his clan”.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 44 | GW 15
    League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    Clan Formed: 16/03/2015

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    The only thing you can do is leave the clan and join a new one as the current one is kinda dead according to what you said.