Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Views on Legend League after a few weeks

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    Ahh i get ya. So on a fresh hit on a max th12, with 30 seconds to scout, it'll just be a 3 star fest huh? You must be awesome in CWL with 23 hours to scout.
    From whatyou have stated in this thread it is pretty obvious that the only skill that matters to you is attacking skill and the trophies that it brings. LL is now appropriately about both attacking and defending equally. With that thought in mind, how could you keep that balance when you Make army selectable after you see my base? Sure, my base is a surprise to you but your army is equally a surprise to my defense. I cant plan ahead for it and i cannot adjust it after I have seen your army so IMO you dont get to adjust your army after having seen my base either.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Elaborate ubba, otherwise its a lame response to CLEARLY a better feature to the game.
    What is clearly better about it?

Just maybe it might possibly be OK to allow to train two armies and switch between them. Though even that seems likely to make it too easy.

Allowing you to choose between any of your saved armies, no. And even more so with the extra slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Wow. Two condescending responses in a row. Bravo. I have my moments in CWL since you bring it up, yes. Thanks for mentioning.

All I said was it would make attacking much easier. Especially with so many of the same bases floating around (especially in lower legends). Why else would you request this if not to make attacking easier? It’s up to you what army you bring. If bringing the same comp every attack is feeling monotonous to you, perhaps try using a different army every few hits?
    Because the point is it doesnt make it easier or harder, it makes it FUN and competitive. Isnt a game supposed to be fun and competitive? And the fact of the matter is you need to get lucky on the bases you receive that they happen to fit your armies narrative. Why should luck of the draw determine how you do? You want to cut the army swaps down to 2 armies? Fine. Im open to discussion. But people just writing "No" to what I perceive as a good idea, as a veteran of the game gets under my skin. You see a base, you train up what you think is the right army to beat it, then you gotta do it. Forcing an attack on every base is not fun after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What is clearly better about it?

Just maybe it might possibly be OK to allow to train two armies and switch between them. Though even that seems likely to make it too easy.

Allowing you to choose between any of your saved armies, no. And even more so with the extra slots.
    I can go with 2 armies. Sure. Its better than forcing the 1.

I think Legends would have been better if they did the base snapchats and made a pool out of them allowing you to next and pick the base you want to attack. No reason to limit you to only the 8 players they picked for you and no reason to limit you to only the base they show you. Clouds would have been eliminated while still retaining the fun of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    I think Legends would have been better if they did the base snapchats and made a pool out of them allowing you to next and pick the base you want to attack. No reason to limit you to only the 8 players they picked for you and no reason to limit you to only the base they show you. Clouds would have been eliminated while still retaining the fun of the game.
    Not sure this would be an even playing field, those who can attack early in the day would be able to hit the "weaker" base designs, leaving the "stronger" designs for those who attack later in the league day.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Forum Elder
    Your suggestion may make it more fun but it would lessen the competitive side. It would become a farming exersize and the greatest skill wont be your attacking or my defneding, it would become who next’s the most often/best.

Because legends is a tournament for the best of the best. If they made a pool of bases to pick and choose from then obviously every player would just pick the easiest bases to attack. By giving 8 and only 8 players to attack per day it forces you to attack a range of skilled bases rather than handpicking the easiest ones for you.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 56 | AQ 57 | GW 21 |

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    From whatyou have stated in this thread it is pretty obvious that the only skill that matters to you is attacking skill and the trophies that it brings. LL is now appropriately about both attacking and defending equally. With that thought in mind, how could you keep that balance when you Make army selectable after you see my base? Sure, my base is a surprise to you but your army is equally a surprise to my defense. I cant plan ahead for it and i cannot adjust it after I have seen your army so IMO you dont get to adjust your army after having seen my base either.
    While to some extent I get what you're saying, but you dont have that luxury in clan wars or cwl either. The defenses always perform at their maximum level. Its up to the attacker to do the same. Still have to execute the attack. Its always a fresh hit

Forum Elder
    While to some extent I get what you're saying, but you dont have that luxury in clan wars or cwl either. The defenses always perform at their maximum level. Its up to the attacker to do the same. Still have to execute the attack. Its always a fresh hit
    I understand your view but IMO just because something can or cannot be done in reg war or CWL is not a good argument for continuing it in another aspect of the game. Following that same logic, someone could rightfully suggest that the way it works in BB is the right way, or the way do do something in some other game is the right way. LL is a unique thing, it is not farming, it is not contnuous attacking, it is not being awake 24 hours. Given what SC have told us, it is supposed to be competitive and skill based and promotes balance between offense and defensive skills. With that in mind, how do we tweak it and still keep the original intent and not have it devolve into something else? I still get frustrated when i bring the wrong army to the attack but the balance to that is that I know others are offered bases that arent suited to their army as well. pretty balanced IMO.