Thread: Quick question regarding clan wars as a new co-leader

Quick question regarding clan wars as a new co-leader

So I finally earned Co-Leader with my clan, super stoked to be a Co and help people out.

Anyway, I dont want to make a mistake when starting a war. After hitting the Start War! button, what happens next? I was going to hit it and see what happened but I dont want to make a mistake and inadvertently start a war that isn't optimal. I'm assuming that I'd choose the roster of war participants, then it would start the search, but I haven't done this before. Thanks in advance!
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR

Click that button and you will be able to chose the clanmembers qho will be in war and who not. After that you confirm and matchmaking begins. During search you can stop the search but then you have to select all warmembers again.

Thank you very much!
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR

Forum Elder
    Just to add, since you havent seen the "start war" screen..
    Once you hit start war, it opens the participants page..
    There are likely to be a mixture of red (out) and green (in) lights, showing whom is available..
    Only roster multiples of 5 can be used.. So its likely that you will either have to opt some of them out manually, or opt some in, to make up an allowed number..
    There is a guide at the bottom, telling how many members are selected, as well as prompts to help you through the sequence..
    Once you have a valid number selected, the "Start War" button will light up, and you can begin the spin..

The time it takes to find a match is totally dependant on the selected roster, and war size.. Dont worry if it doesnt match quickly, as it simply means a suitable match hasnt been found yet.
    If the roster is unusual, it may time out after 24 hours, if nobody similar is spinning, but there is usually somebody out there that is close enough for you to get a hit eventually.
    10v10, or 15v15 tends to be the most common war size, so is likely to be easier to find a match at these sizes..
    But have fun, experiment, and above all, congrats on your new position within the clan.

Actually, I think the best advice here is don't hit that button unless the leader and long time co-leaders have told you to.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Actually, I think the best advice here is don't hit that button unless the leader and long time co-leaders have told you to.
    +1. I'd definitely check in with your fellow leaders before just starting a random war, or your likely to be demoted very quickly!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

When you click the button you will see the same view you do when you click the "my clan" button, arranged by trophy level. There are some green and red buttons to put players in, or out, of war.

CWL has an infinitely more useful view that orders bases in war order, shows town halls and opt in out status of accounts. I continue to request we have this view in starting wars.

Trophy sort view may be useful in a push clan. A war clan or farming clan may use different leagues for loot, minimizing defenses that can use up a cc, unbreakable defense achievement etc.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.