Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 5000 trophy reset

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New 5000 trophy reset

What are the thoughts on the new 5000 trophy reset? I never thought it was needed, but I know many have asked for it. In favor of it? Against it? Im curious to see if it allows more players to get to 5000 and also Im curious to see what it does to the top pushers. Some new records will be broken next season I think.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Favor
    I wonder if eventually bh trophies will go higher than main base trophies....

Millennial Club
    Considering I posted a complaint last month about the 4000 reset, I'm happy with this. Less of a slog to get up to around where I should be.

I like it as someone who gets close to 5k through daily wins then gets kicked back down at season reset.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I finished above 5000 past 3 seasons since BH9 came out, but final trophy count is always less than previous month. It's fair to say there are a lot more strong BH9 at this point that can consistently stay above 5000 every seasons. I noticed a lot of regulars that make up the top 50 or so in my local country ranking. I think it is necessary that such strong BH9 players is allowed to stay above 5000, when pushed down to 4000, they will climb up in 1-2 weeks time anyway.

Question: is there any additional loot bonus cap for trophies above 5000?

I am in favor of trophy reset at 5000, but not for the additional loot bonus cap as it might create the same situation as currently is for players that can consistently stay above 5000.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; October 14th, 2019 at 12:51 AM.

I'm in favor of it since I'd consider myself a pretty average builder base player and hover right around 4000 trophies at any given time. At season reset I tend to drop down to about 3500 due to all the top players being reset to 4000 and kicking the absolute snot out of me
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; October 14th, 2019 at 02:00 AM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 58 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Centennial Club
    In favor obviously....I don't see why anyone would be against it. You'd have to be some kind of stupid to say that getting more loot, not have major mis matches in bases, and keeping most your progress is a bad thing.

Hmm, personally I'm not sure about this. But definitely i will push to the new reset points tho

I like this, I also did complain since BH9 came out. The reason is simple: untill BH8 you could do upgrade after upgrade (even the most expensive) if you did your 3 attacks every day. When BH9 came out, the loot remained the same but the costs of the upgrades are much more expensive.

Even more: every BH level has this issue now, because a BH8 can't get the loot today as a BH8 before BH9 came out. It's just frustrating for every BH level. It was a mismatch which will be fixed with this 5k reset.

SC will need to follow this in the future when they add new BH levels...

Kind of too late now. As a gold pass user, I only have walls left to do and should be maxed out shortly so f2p players shouldn't be too far behind. Casual 5000-5500 players like myself will likely soon max out and stop playing due to the pointlessness of pushing the BB leaderboard. Or maybe we'll stick around for 1 season, but that is probably it as BH10 isn't even on their production calendar.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the few thousand who actually try to push for top leaderboard. Seems like boredom has started to set for a lot of them but maybe the draw of a higher trophy number will bring them back. However IMO, what is important is ultimately the global ranking number and not an inflated trophy count.
    Last edited by Tonyla; October 14th, 2019 at 09:31 AM.