Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: New 5000 trophy reset

  1. #31
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I think they did it because they know the game is nearing its lifecycle and making the game feel like more of a chore is a bad thing.

    In the end you don’t feel as rewarded for grinding because you don’t have as much passion to play this game because it’s getting old, they are trying to remedy this by putting the reset at 5000 and I hundred percent believe this is the case. Nobody wants to grind on a nearly dead game, it doesn’t feel as rewarding or worth it nowadays, and might make even more people uninstall if they make grinding harder.
    It's always "the game is ending, the game is ending" with you, isn't it?

    I think, that it's safe to assume that SuperCell knows what they are doing by now and the game isn't going anywhere unless something major happens in the world. At that point, I think that we may have other concerns than the disappearance of a game; such as "scrabbling for food", "fleeing from zombies" or both.

    Now .. if you apply a bit of logic to "raising the season reset from 4000 to 5000" for a minute, I'm sure that you can figure it out.

    A lot of BH9s are nearing max state and raising the season reset a bit will only loosen up the pressure on lower BH levels across the entire range.

    My prediction is, that people that rose to the 4600s before the change will simply raise to the 5600s in the near future and the top end of the trophy ladder will simply raise up by about 1000 points.

    That's all..

    So, "Irl", I'm afraid that you have to pack up your soap box and find some other subject for impending doom. I could suggest "the environment", which probably IS the thing that will end up causing the game to end ;-)

    /Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

  2. #32
    Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,857
    If this game is still around when climate change causes it to end, it will have had a VERY good run.

    The sentiment echoed here and elsewhere is that the BB is dying and for many of what once were the top players, this is the case. Between leaderboard bugs and vulnerabilities, cheating, and now what looks like no path forward for the game...well, the outlook is pretty bleak.

    Raising the roof to 5K really isn’t part of this though. We’ve needed the 5K reset on the BB a while now and BH9 really solidified that need. This change will reposition the common trophy brackets providing additional resources and more room to grow for the lower levels of the game.

    What concerns me, however, is whether or not the game will be able to sustain this long term. This is where we come back to the whole data thing. It SEEMS like there isn’t much hullabaloo about the BB, but we still manage to find opponents somehow.

    For the short term, this is a good thing for the game - it’s a fairly significant relief for much of the playerbase. The long term needs a different solution, just like we have a different mode of play beyond 5K on the HV. Most players above 5K will be maxed and not really interested in resources, so they will need a reason to play. Busted leaderboards and exploits will cheapen any potential, high level status. The BB may not offer up the same profitability as the HV, but it still generates some profit so although we may feel abandoned, I hope that is not the case and we will see further improvements.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  3. #33
    Centennial Club lrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    133
    I wrote a really long response but my Internet crashed and I don’t feel like writing it out again.

    tl;dr it’s a shame when people have no idea what they’re talking about post long responses like yours, it’s really disappointing to see.

    I’m a top 10 player globally, and all my friends some of them number one players in the world we are all coming to an end on this game, you can be rest assured that if the top players in the world are saying this game “sucks” and are literally quitting, then this game has definitely came to an end because we are the most loyal fans and the most obsessed with this game, if we say it sucks, it sucks, if we quit everyone else quits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    It's always "the game is ending, the game is ending" with you, isn't it?

    I think, that it's safe to assume that SuperCell knows what they are doing by now and the game isn't going anywhere unless something major happens in the world. At that point, I think that we may have other concerns than the disappearance of a game; such as "scrabbling for food", "fleeing from zombies" or both.

    Now .. if you apply a bit of logic to "raising the season reset from 4000 to 5000" for a minute, I'm sure that you can figure it out.

    A lot of BH9s are nearing max state and raising the season reset a bit will only loosen up the pressure on lower BH levels across the entire range.

    My prediction is, that people that rose to the 4600s before the change will simply raise to the 5600s in the near future and the top end of the trophy ladder will simply raise up by about 1000 points.

    That's all..

    So, "Irl", I'm afraid that you have to pack up your soap box and find some other subject for impending doom. I could suggest "the environment", which probably IS the thing that will end up causing the game to end ;-)

    /Affront

  4. #34
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I wrote a really long response but my Internet crashed and I don’t feel like writing it out again.

    tl;dr it’s a shame when people have no idea what they’re talking about post long responses like yours, it’s really disappointing to see.

    I’m a top 10 player globally, and all my friends some of them number one players in the world we are all coming to an end on this game, you can be rest assured that if the top players in the world are saying this game “sucks” and are literally quitting, then this game has definitely came to an end because we are the most loyal fans and the most obsessed with this game, if we say it sucks, it sucks, if we quit everyone else quits.
    You being a top 10 player globally doesn't magically makes you know what you are talking about, I'm afraid.

    Sorry, Irl, but you are looking at a very, very limited sample size when spewing out your usual doomsday predictions.

    You and the other top ranking players, have had 3-5 years of entertaining play time and it's absurd to even think, that a healthy percentage of players starting TODAY, woun't enjoy the game just as much as you have.

    The game hasn't changed. It's still the same game you started playing years ago and it will still be the same game WHEN you stop playing.

    I'm trying to indicate, that the snowflake doesn't make the glacier.

    Everybody woun't quit, just because you and your top player friends quit. You want proof of that? Rally your friends to not attack next season.

    /Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I wrote a really long response but my Internet crashed and I don’t feel like writing it out again.

    tl;dr it’s a shame when people have no idea what they’re talking about post long responses like yours, it’s really disappointing to see.

    I’m a top 10 player globally, and all my friends some of them number one players in the world we are all coming to an end on this game, you can be rest assured that if the top players in the world are saying this game “sucks” and are literally quitting, then this game has definitely came to an end because we are the most loyal fans and the most obsessed with this game, if we say it sucks, it sucks, if we quit everyone else quits.
    If the top 10 players quit, I am sure there will be other players to replace that 10 players. When you do a versus battle, you are not always match up with those in the top 10 isn't it? That does prove this game doesn't revolve around that 10 players. In a game cycle, some players are gonna quit, some players will join the game. The game isn't necessarily dying.

    I understand that you didn't mean the game only have 10 players, but you mean that the other players will follow those in the top to quit the game. I disagree, the game/players/community is much more bigger than you realize.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by lrl View Post
    I wrote a really long response but my Internet crashed and I don’t feel like writing it out again.

    tl;dr it’s a shame when people have no idea what they’re talking about post long responses like yours, it’s really disappointing to see.

    I’m a top 10 player globally, and all my friends some of them number one players in the world we are all coming to an end on this game, you can be rest assured that if the top players in the world are saying this game “sucks” and are literally quitting, then this game has definitely came to an end because we are the most loyal fans and the most obsessed with this game, if we say it sucks, it sucks, if we quit everyone else quits.
    The game will come to an end of course, but "top" players have burned out and quit years ago, only to be replaced by other "top" players. A game with millions of users is definitely not to be judged on the interest of a handful of players. That is way off.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  7. #37
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The game will come to an end of course, but "top" players have burned out and quit years ago, only to be replaced by other "top" players. A game with millions of users is definitely not to be judged on the interest of a handful of players. That is way off.
    That's what I'm reading between the lines of Irl's posts. Reaching the heights would require a lot of playing time, so boredom would set in way, way before it would for a casual or semi-serious player.

    O.T.T.O. has given me a reason to play BB a lot more on my alts; to the extent of not upgrading a TH11 & 2 10's until I have. But having unlocked it on main it really is a case of more grind to max again.

  8. #38
    Forum Elder RagnarFurias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,537
    I’m close to maxing, so I really don’t care about trophy reset. Will try to beat my PB next season though, just for fun
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

  9. #39
    Centennial Club lrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    133
    What I mean to say guys is, this sentiment has never been so broadened as in this current time.

    I’m not only friends with top 10 players I’m also friends with top 100 and top 200 players and it seems like half the people on my friends list don’t push as much and the other half just straight out quit or are taking a break, which I’ve never seen on such a wide scale.

    To the person who said that the top players quit all the time; not necessarily, the top players right now have been the top players since builder base has started, the only notable old player that we no longer see around is curtisd2. Even Hao/Ali still plays. A lot of the old players that were top since the game came out have changed their names but still play. Of course there will always be new top players but the game has lost its spark amongst their most long-standing and loyal fan base, it is definitely in a decline and at its lowest point at least on builder base.

    Bh9 was a “dead-cat” bounce of an update.

    Of course this game is one of the greatest games ever created and it’s replayability has been legendary. I’m just saying why I think they raised the trophies to 5000.

    The game will never die, because I’ve never seen a video game straight up “die”, but the game has gotten stale, and the issue with AI/matchmaking will never be resolved, this causes declines, instead of growth.

    Instead of players sticking around when they reach the top levels, players will inherently quit instead of there being constant growth.

    When you’re in the top 10 and you finally get matched with somebody who is only 200 trophies under you, you lose 50 trophies and only win five or six trophies, somebody who is only 200 trophies under you is not 10 times worse than you especially with how luck based the AI is, the matchmaking is inherently broken/ random, much like the AI/guard post/ BM path-targeting.


    The game has critical flaws that will never be ironed out and it’s driving away it’s player base that take the game beyond just casually, the ones that had hope to see a competitive BB atmosphere (cwl for bb/wars for bb) and hopes of these simple issues to be resolved.
    Last edited by lrl; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:34 AM.

  10. #40
    Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,857
    The BB has the same end-game issues as the HV and lacks additional play modes to give us something else to do (like wars, for example). All they really need to do to generate interest and bring folks back is to add that second mode of play. Something like CR style tournaments would do the trick.

    The focus on the HV is a good thing and has really turned things around, but now we need the attention on the BB.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •