Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 5000 trophy reset

I've always been in favor of this. Any half decent BH9 player should exceed 4K. Exceeding the auto-reset cap should be an accomplishment, and it's been pretty clear for a while that that level is 5K, not 4K.

^^^^
    Agreed

I think this also sets the stage for builder hall ten someday. As all have said this should mean more loot in the game which players will like. My mini hovers around 4000 trophies so this will be a big help to that account. For my main, I'm almost max (just walls and a couple of bombs left). The change will just head me towards retirement sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    If everyone gets them though, are they really that Prestigious?
    The amount that you have is what separates players, though. Maybe I'm just used to how it works for legends. It has always been very easy for top hall players to reach the 5000 cup figure where the reset happens there to add to their total each season. I'm not actually against this new change, I don't care much either way. I'd be happy at 4000 or 5000.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What I meant is it will be harder for those who donít reach 5000 since they wont add any and also those who can just barely climb over 5000 will add very few trophies when they are reset back only 100 cups rather than the several hundreds they were getting before.
    Agree with Affront though. Overall I think, trophies level will climb by 1000.

It will be the same as before, those that are in 4400 for example, will now be in 5400, they will still get the same 400 prestige trophies they get pre-update. Maybe difficult for this season since the time to push beyond 5000 till season ends is ticking down. But after this season, everyone would have 1 full season to climb due for new loot cap. Players from 5000 and above will slowly climb to above 6000, and so making it easier for sub 5000 players to reach 5000. In short, 5000 trophy range is the new 4000.

I don’t think it will be quite that easy, but not far off. It will still require some decent effort to get to 5K and as the 4K-5K space fills with lesser skilled, max/near-max BH9 players there will be a solid separation of the more serious players. Over the next few months, we’ll see more maxed BH9s covering that space.

The biggest benefit here, IMNSHO, is that it gives top level players more breathing room and that means those who are NOT play top level get more breathing room as well. Anyone who “gets” the BB figures out early on the importance of rushing and which defenses/troops should get the most attention to progress more quickly up the ladder. Now there will actually be somewhere to go.

If we could just get them to deal with a few of the AI issues and fix the leaderboards, there might well be a future for the BB....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Centennial Club
    I think the top players will surpass 7k trophies, and everyone will simply get more loot on average

I already feels the 5k effect. Usually i was hovering around 4k doing minion drop spam
    And hit the ceiling around 4100. Unable to go further

But now, even with my bh8 lithium base layout and doing horrible attack. I was able to raising into 4300. And might reach 4500 soon

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ilhard View Post
    I already feels the 5k effect. Usually i was hovering around 4k doing minion drop spam
    And hit the ceiling around 4100. Unable to go further

But now, even with my bh8 lithium base layout and doing horrible attack. I was able to raising into 4300. And might reach 4500 soon
    During Clan Games, Builder Base is played a lot more and you'll probably end up in the 5100s sooner than you think.

I'm hovering around 4800 at the moment (defenses, troops and BM maxed, 20 wall segments to go), which is slightly higher than usual at this time of the month. I'm confident that I'll end the season well above 5K, if I gather all my Clan Games points via the Builder Base. That's what I usually do anyway, being in Legend ..

/Affont
    TH13-65/65/41/5|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

I think they did it because they know the game is nearing its lifecycle and making the game feel like more of a chore is a bad thing.

In the end you donít feel as rewarded for grinding because you donít have as much passion to play this game because itís getting old, they are trying to remedy this by putting the reset at 5000 and I hundred percent believe this is the case. Nobody wants to grind on a nearly dead game, it doesnít feel as rewarding or worth it nowadays, and might make even more people uninstall if they make grinding harder.