Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 5000 trophy reset

Forum Legend
    I'm surprisingly against it (knee jerk reaction, as I sort of talk myself into the whole idea below), as it would make "prestige trophies" harder to get for the coming generations of Builder Base players.

The change, however, will stretch/spread out the league ladder and ensure a bit more wriggle room for everybody below BH9 (that are not yet fully maxed)

A 4000 reset compresses everybody down and basically means that competition around the 4000 mark will be moved up to 5000.

After a couple of months, those that usually end the season around 5200, will end around 6200 and the number of prestige trophies will stabilize around the point where they are now.

On Clash of Stats, the typical graph will just jump up a level over the next month or so .. and end up looking like this anyway.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mahchine View Post
    In favor obviously....I don't see why anyone would be against it. You'd have to be some kind of stupid to say that getting more loot, not have major mis matches in bases, and keeping most your progress is a bad thing.
    The main negative would be making it harder to add prestige trophies to the profile I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Kind of too late now. As a gold pass user, I only have walls left to do and should be maxed out shortly so f2p players shouldn't be too far behind. Casual 5000-5500 players like myself will likely soon max out and stop playing due to the pointlessness of pushing the BB leaderboard. Or maybe we'll stick around for 1 season, but that is probably it as BH10 isn't even on their production calendar.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the few thousand who actually try to push for top leaderboard. Seems like boredom has started to set for a lot of them but maybe the draw of a higher trophy number will bring them back. However IMO, what is important is ultimately the global ranking number and not an inflated trophy count.
    Many players on the main base enjoy pushing even after max to see how high they can go and to add trophies to their all time legends trophies profile just like prestige trophies here. Maybe builder base pushers don’t like it as much as main base pushers, I’m not sure. I’ve never focused on pushing on builder base.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The main negative would be making it harder to add prestige trophies to the profile I think.

Many players on the main base enjoy pushing even after max to see how high they can go and to add trophies to their all time legends trophies profile just like prestige trophies here. Maybe builder base pushers don’t like it as much as main base pushers, I’m not sure. I’ve never focused on pushing on builder base.
    I don't think it will be harder to add prestige trophies at all. I just think that the everage trophy level will be raised by about 1000 and that the league-layers will be slightly less compressed.

People either enjoy pushing or they don't. I just do my 3 wins every day and usually end up in the 4800s.. After the new reset limit, I'm pretty sure I'll end up in the 5800 using the exact same laxed approach to Builder Base as I use now :-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Legend
    I see no drawback to this. Spreads out the bands and allows more to rise to higher loot bands. Seems like a good thing.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

I dont push in builder base , but few had requested this feature (I am happy for them)
    this change does not effect me

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar? or want a Christmas themed Signature or Avatar
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan | Forum achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I don't think it will be harder to add prestige trophies at all. I just think that the everage trophy level will be raised by about 1000 and that the league-layers will be slightly less compressed.

People either enjoy pushing or they don't. I just do my 3 wins every day and usually end up in the 4800s.. After the new reset limit, I'm pretty sure I'll end up in the 5800 using the exact same laxed approach to Builder Base as I use now :-)

/Affront
    What I meant is it will be harder for those who don’t reach 5000 since they wont add any and also those who can just barely climb over 5000 will add very few trophies when they are reset back only 100 cups rather than the several hundreds they were getting before.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What I meant is it will be harder for those who don’t reach 5000 since they wont add any and also those who can just barely climb over 5000 will add very few trophies when they are reset back only 100 cups rather than the several hundreds they were getting before.
    If everyone gets them though, are they really that Prestigious?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

This is long overdue and y’all know I’ve called for this since BH9 hit the streets. It SHOULD ease the pain off up and coming players so they can get access to greater loot. It will do nothing to alleviate the issue of tanking, of course, but it should reduce the numbers of higher level players who are legitimately held lower by mediocre skills then bounced further down at reset (thereby causing the start of season ripple effect).
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I’ve never gotten that close to 5k, and may not, who knows. But it might make it a little easier when I do have time to try, if I have fewer highly skilled people who have to climb over me first, lol.

Thanks Icey!

I need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    This is long overdue and yall know Ive called for this since BH9 hit the streets. It SHOULD ease the pain off up and coming players so they can get access to greater loot. It will do nothing to alleviate the issue of tanking, of course, but it should reduce the numbers of higher level players who are legitimately held lower by mediocre skills then bounced further down at reset (thereby causing the start of season ripple effect).
    My younger accounts are nowhere near max loot, they won't be after this change either. They will, however, be able to move up towards the loot brackets my main enjoyed in the past.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; October 15th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.